Hernandez

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Re: Hernandez

Postby Newmarket » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:49 pm

Dwayne Pipes wrote:A Yossi Benayoun type player he would absolutely thrive with.

What I wouldn’t give for a Benayoun . Or a Berkovic .

Or similar ....
2 x

Olas1

Postby Olas1 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:40 pm

A young Tony Cottee wouldn’t suit this system. If you want to get goals out of Hernandez he needs a striker to play alongside who can hold the ball up (Carroll) and service from the wings (which would also work well for Carroll) Sadly the days of playing with two strikers is long gone in the modern game!!
0 x

Hammertime

Postby Hammertime » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:53 am

I think everyone's pulling an Arnoutovic!

Put Hernandez on the back of the shirt, give him a run of games with Arnie, Arthur, Lanzini, Noble, Zabs & Rice supplying the lines & he will thrive again.

Chances of that lot being fit at the same time are slim, but if they could get a run of games in a system, the complete opposite of Carroll-up-top, we will see goals. I'm already excited by Lanzini & Arnies inter-play and believe Hernandez can get on their page. If that doesn't work, bring on the man buns & whip in some crosses to knackered defenders! COYI
Last edited by Hammertime on Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

redhammer
Site Admin

Postby redhammer » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:49 am

Plenty of chatter about him near enough being up for sale

Not been great but he is still the best finisher at the club. We employ a manager who has history with him, plays long ball and we are now set to sell the best striker we have had in years to accommodate Moyes.

Sometimes I do fucking wonder
1 x

Rick_Deckard

Postby Rick_Deckard » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:58 am

its been on the cards for ages now...£17ish million....

I remember when we signed him, i just didnt see him as being able to do the job, whatever the reasons...
seriously, why did he come to us if he s that good especially the state we were in then, and are still in really ?

sometimes i think its some sort of sci-fi scenario where we are in suspended animation...we just dont seem to make any progress
1 x

terrya1965

Postby terrya1965 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:35 am

redhammer wrote:Plenty of chatter about him near enough being up for sale

Not been great but he is still the best finisher at the club. We employ a manager who has history with him, plays long ball and we are now set to sell the best striker we have had in years to accommodate Moyes.

Sometimes I do fucking wonder

So with him and Sakho set to go,that would be our 2 best strikers gone..FFS.

Someone made comment that we had too many strikers at the club(not on here)...WTF!!
0 x

terrya1965

Postby terrya1965 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:41 am

Rick_Deckard wrote:its been on the cards for ages now...£17ish million....

I remember when we signed him, i just didnt see him as being able to do the job, whatever the reasons...
seriously, why did he come to us if he s that good especially the state we were in then, and are still in really ?

sometimes i think its some sort of sci-fi scenario where we are in suspended animation...we just dont seem to make any progress

We will never make progress under this regime.

They are only in to feed their own pockets.Even,if they weren`t,what a bloody mess they are making.With sensible leadership,I think this club would have been in a better place.

Some of the players we have signed have been pretty good under them,but basically within a season have left the club.You have to ask the question,WHY OH WHY?

Let`s hope things are different under Moyes.I won`t hold my breath though.
Last edited by terrya1965 on Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
0 x

palerider

Postby palerider » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:42 am

Contrasting reports on the Sky Transfer centre show, but not for the little cabbage. We'll listen to offers.

Tbh I've seen nothing from him to get a lazy on, but we need to recruit first. Smirnoff, Giroud and Sturridge mentioned along with Schurlle, who's obviously a winger.

And Harry Arter not for sale say Bournemouth......thank fuck.
0 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

h69

Postby h69 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:23 pm

redhammer wrote:now set to sell the best striker we have had in years to accommodate Moyes.

I dont agree.....can be a poacher but so was Frannie Jeffers. Offers little else, is not pacey (was beaten by a Shrews defender when originally 1 on 1 with their keeper), lazy, no work rate, cant hold the ball up and goes down every time he is touched....it was embarassing to see that last week. Tony Cottee he aint !

Arnie at least has some strength and certainly poached those two goals v Bournemouth. He offers far more.

I'd sell Hernandez myself....not suited to English football other than as a sub when you are throwing the kitchen sink at a team when behind (a la Soton away and at Man Utd).
0 x

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:30 pm

Dwayne Pipes wrote:A Yossi Benayoun type player he would absolutely thrive with.

Good shout.
I’d love to have Yossi at his best in our team now.
2 x
I suppose that now isn't the best time to ask... "who was Keyser Soze?"

Return to “Football Talk”