Hernandez

Chat about anything football related here!
garnett

Re: Hernandez

Postby garnett » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:38 pm

Some of the criticism is a tad harsh I think, if I was him I would force their arm and put in a transfer request, his career is going nowhere with Moyes.
0 x

BillyDWhizz

Postby BillyDWhizz » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:58 pm

I banged on for an absolute age about how we should sign Hernandez. So we sign him and then deploy him in a totally unsuitable role and then compound things by employing the one manager in the world who doesn't think he's any good! Only at West Ham. Unmitigated disaster.

I wish him all the very best wherever he ends up. Deserved so much more with us but has been treated appallingly by our bunch of footballing Neanderthals. Any other team in the League and he'd be in double figures by now.
1 x
I hate it when people don't know the difference between "your" and "you're". There so stupid.

terrya1965

Postby terrya1965 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:01 pm

h69 wrote:
redhammer wrote:now set to sell the best striker we have had in years to accommodate Moyes.

I dont agree.....can be a poacher but so was Frannie Jeffers. Offers little else, is not pacey (was beaten by a Shrews defender when originally 1 on 1 with their keeper), lazy, no work rate, cant hold the ball up and goes down every time he is touched....it was embarassing to see that last week. Tony Cottee he aint !

Arnie at least has some strength and certainly poached those two goals v Bournemouth. He offers far more.

I'd sell Hernandez myself....not suited to English football other than as a sub when you are throwing the kitchen sink at a team when behind (a la Soton away and at Man Utd).

If Hernandez would have been playing in the old fashioned 2 up front,he would have been a success.Nobody seems to plays that way now or is it just our system that fails him?

At Man U,their game under Fergie was all about going forward.Under Moyes,it`s about defending.Saying that Bilic never got the best out of him either.
0 x

Hammertime

Postby Hammertime » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:20 pm

The really sad part is that while always looking for elusive goal scorer, our board failed to attract the likes of Laccazette, Batty Boy or any of the other 20-30 mill plus strikers out there. They got a cut-rate deal on Hernandez and agreed to pay the wage. It seemed the plan was then to improve the midfield with the signing of Carvalho, which was perceived as the move that would change Bilic's style and allow are more attacking flow and take us off the back foot.

Well skip forward 6 months and our midfield is so shit, our strikers can't get on the pitch unless they're 6'4" or a midfielder that knows where the goal is. So, we're seriously going to go and shuffle our forward deck before we address the real issue? I understand the new manager has to implement his new system, but if we sell Hernandez now, it really goes to show how limited Moyes is in his vision.
0 x

Dagger

Postby Dagger » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:49 pm

sorry but Hernandez 5 years ago I would be upset with him possibly leaving but we all watched him be out run but two centre halves from the lower league in the cup game

his claim to fame was get a chance and I will score well I have seen him have three and not, as good a Freddie Sears know his older ;)
0 x

h69

Postby h69 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:51 pm

terrya1965 wrote:
h69 wrote:
redhammer wrote:now set to sell the best striker we have had in years to accommodate Moyes.

I dont agree.....can be a poacher but so was Frannie Jeffers. Offers little else, is not pacey (was beaten by a Shrews defender when originally 1 on 1 with their keeper), lazy, no work rate, cant hold the ball up and goes down every time he is touched....it was embarassing to see that last week. Tony Cottee he aint !

Arnie at least has some strength and certainly poached those two goals v Bournemouth. He offers far more.

I'd sell Hernandez myself....not suited to English football other than as a sub when you are throwing the kitchen sink at a team when behind (a la Soton away and at Man Utd).

If Hernandez would have been playing in the old fashioned 2 up front,he would have been a success.Nobody seems to plays that way now or is it just our system that fails him?

At Man U,their game under Fergie was all about going forward.Under Moyes,it`s about defending.Saying that Bilic never got the best out of him either.

You say that Terry but I dont think he has the quality to play in the PL in any formation.....he is far too lightweight and reminds me of Valencia in that he is always on his arse....at least Valencia could run. Hernandez was being mocked for how much of a cissy he was by the Shrewsbury fans.....yet behind him was a kid who played half the second period without two of his teeth having been kicked in the head. I know who I would rather have.
Last edited by h69 on Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

andyginbrasil

Postby andyginbrasil » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:52 pm

If he goes, and I hope he doesn't, what are other transfer targets going to think of our club? Top class players can't get in the team through no fault of their own, the system we play doesn't suit them, here for 6 months and then put up for sale. Look at the history over the last 2 seasons, how many of our buys or loans now play for the club? Surely this must influence their decision to sign for us? I for one can understand why we cannot attract big names to our club. Is there something behind the scenes that is effecting them or maybe everything they were promised by the board when signing has proved to be blatant lies? I don't know .....I am not very confident in this window we can attract the calibre of player we so desperately need....and I mean desperately!!!!
0 x

h69

Postby h69 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:53 pm

Hammertime wrote:The really sad part is that while always looking for elusive goal scorer, our board failed to attract the likes of Laccazette, Batty Boy or any of the other 20-30 mill plus strikers out there. They got a cut-rate deal on Hernandez and agreed to pay the wage. It seemed the plan was then to improve the midfield with the signing of Carvalho, which was perceived as the move that would change Bilic's style and allow are more attacking flow and take us off the back foot.

Well skip forward 6 months and our midfield is so shit, our strikers can't get on the pitch unless they're 6'4" or a midfielder that knows where the goal is. So, we're seriously going to go and shuffle our forward deck before we address the real issue? I understand the new manager has to implement his new system, but if we sell Hernandez now, it really goes to show how limited Moyes is in his vision.

Both Lacazette and Batty Boy are showing that the PL is very different to Europe. Thank fuck we didn't pay out the 30-40M for them......as thart was the only thing that was attracting them.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... at-arsenal
0 x

h69

Postby h69 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:55 pm

BillyDWhizz wrote:I banged on for an absolute age about how we should sign Hernandez. So we sign him and then deploy him in a totally unsuitable role and then compound things by employing the one manager in the world who doesn't think he's any good! Only at West Ham. Unmitigated disaster.

I wish him all the very best wherever he ends up. Deserved so much more with us but has been treated appallingly by our bunch of footballing Neanderthals. Any other team in the League and he'd be in double figures by now.

Hes just not good enough to play in the Premier league......I dont understand where this myth comes from that he can be top class here.
0 x

BCHammer

Postby BCHammer » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:04 pm

I would like to see Arthur & Cress learn to cross a ball into the box more than once a game before we give up on him...

Ive given up any hope of Cheik supplying anything through the middle. Hopefully he can be replaced in the coming days.
2 x

Return to “Football Talk”