What has happened to Kouyate?

Chat about anything football related here!
hamz

Re: What has happened to Kouyate?

Postby hamz » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:48 pm

Hammertime wrote:Hard to judge Cullen on that one performance except to say he deserves another one playing in his natural position for the whole game. Would think he at least should get to play the replay there, but if Noble and/or Rice are fit, I'd use them and/or Obiang ahead of Cullen in the league for now.

oh dont get me wrong, i am not saying i believe cullen is ready for the premiership... but in saying that i'd still prefer to see him in midfield instead of kouyate

if rice is ready, or worth giving a shot then it should be in his natural position.. which is why i think the move for mawson is beyond stupid.... that and the senior options we have in that position - including kouyate who played there his entire career before he came to west ham :roll:
2 x

IronsForever

Postby IronsForever » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:08 pm

hamz wrote:
Hammertime wrote:Hard to judge Cullen on that one performance except to say he deserves another one playing in his natural position for the whole game. Would think he at least should get to play the replay there, but if Noble and/or Rice are fit, I'd use them and/or Obiang ahead of Cullen in the league for now.

oh dont get me wrong, i am not saying i believe cullen is ready for the premiership... but in saying that i'd still prefer to see him in midfield instead of kouyate

if rice is ready, or worth giving a shot then it should be in his natural position.. which is why i think the move for mawson is beyond stupid.... that and the senior options we have in that position - including kouyate who played there his entire career before he came to west ham :roll:

Agree 100%. Move Kouyate into defense. Cullen in the middle and leave rice left back. Cress doesn't get back in the team now Rice is playing well in that spot. Only minus is that Rice has to cut inside on his right to put a cross in but that can be more or less left to Arthur from that side, or Antonio when back.
2 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Shortshanks

Postby Shortshanks » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:22 pm

redhammer wrote:He looked good with Song and Noble behind him, two passers of the ball so all he had to do was run

Then he looked good with Lanzini, payet and noble, 3 passers of the ball, so all he had to do was run and take up room when defending

Now when it's him and Obiang, there is only one passer, Lanzini. So Kouyate is required to help but cannot, and he doesn't even run about anymore.

Stop taking the piss !! Lanzini, Payet and NOBLE FFS lol
0 x

Mikeveep

Postby Mikeveep » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:23 pm

Shortshanks wrote:Stop taking the piss !! Lanzini, Payet and NOBLE FFS i am genuinely amused

" Should have gone to Specsavers"
0 x

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:36 am

hamz wrote:

if rice is ready, or worth giving a shot then it should be in his natural position.. which is why i think the move for mawson is beyond stupid.... :roll:

I know I’ll be jumped on from a great height if I’m wrong but I’m sure someone on here will confirm one way or another , but I was of the understanding that Midfield IS Rice’s original position and was converted into a central defender ?

Mind you that can be said about half the worlds best defenders lol
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

eskimo joe

Postby eskimo joe » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:03 am

Newmarket wrote:
hamz wrote:

if rice is ready, or worth giving a shot then it should be in his natural position.. which is why i think the move for mawson is beyond stupid.... :roll:

I know I’ll be jumped on from a great height if I’m wrong but I’m sure someone on here will confirm one way or another , but I was of the understanding that Midfield IS Rice’s original position and was converted into a central defender ?

Mind you that can be said about half the worlds best defenders i am genuinely amused

I think you could put him down for the same role as Kouyate has been used. CB or defensive midfield. A multipurpose player. I think those are his stronger positions and probably what he was developed as.
0 x
A good person does things in silence, others strive to be seen as good so scream out their deeds.

hamz

Postby hamz » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:18 pm

Newmarket wrote:I know I’ll be jumped on from a great height if I’m wrong but I’m sure someone on here will confirm one way or another , but I was of the understanding that Midfield IS Rice’s original position and was converted into a central defender ?

Mind you that can be said about half the worlds best defenders i am genuinely amused

primarily played as a CB for the last few seaons, filled in at DM sparingly, most of which this season, however i have no data before the 2015 season

maybe it was a case of rice proving himself he can deal with the pressure of the top flight before getting a chance at CB, either way i think he's settled quite nicely, hopefully he gets more minutes, looking forward to it
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”