What has happened to Kouyate?

Chat about anything football related here!
User avatar
IronsForever
Posts: 3072
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:22 am

What has happened to Kouyate?

Postby IronsForever » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:42 pm

This season he is all over the place. No desire, no ambition to push himself to make something happen. He is just running up and down covering the same space to put the mileage stats in. I used to really like the guy but lately , watching him is embarrassing. That cross Obiang put in for him against Spurs, he closed his eyes and missed the ball completely. Again today , in the box, a rare decent corner comes in and it misses his head. When he picks the ball up he then looks for options!! You should already have 2 options in your head before the ball comes to you in that middle.
Looks to me like a player that wants to play for another team and doesn't want to get injured or give the same effort he used to.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

User avatar
Newmarket
Posts: 7389
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 10:03 pm

Re: What has happened to Kouyate?

Postby Newmarket » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:10 pm

IronsForever wrote:This season he is all over the place. No desire, no ambition to push himself to make something happen. He is just running up and down covering the same space to put the mileage stats in. I used to really like the guy but lately , watching him is embarrassing. That cross Obiang put in for him against Spurs, he closed his eyes and missed the ball completely. Again today , in the box, a rare decent corner comes in and it misses his head. When he picks the ball up he then looks for options!! You should already have 2 options in your head before the ball comes to you in that middle.
Looks to me like a player that wants to play for another team and doesn't want to get injured or give the same effort he used to.

Christ knows . He looked our second best player during the Payet season imo and maybe our best player during the Dinosaurs final hurrah ...

He’s Senagalese . Maybe he’s got a touch of the Sakho’s ?
0 x

User avatar
IronsForever
Posts: 3072
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:22 am

Re: What has happened to Kouyate?

Postby IronsForever » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:17 pm

Newmarket wrote:
IronsForever wrote:This season he is all over the place. No desire, no ambition to push himself to make something happen. He is just running up and down covering the same space to put the mileage stats in. I used to really like the guy but lately , watching him is embarrassing. That cross Obiang put in for him against Spurs, he closed his eyes and missed the ball completely. Again today , in the box, a rare decent corner comes in and it misses his head. When he picks the ball up he then looks for options!! You should already have 2 options in your head before the ball comes to you in that middle.
Looks to me like a player that wants to play for another team and doesn't want to get injured or give the same effort he used to.

Christ knows . He looked our second best player during the Payet season imo and maybe our best player during the Dinosaurs final hurrah ...

He’s Senagalese . Maybe he’s got a touch of the Sakho’s ?


Certainly looks that way because he is way better than we are seeing.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

User avatar
Shortshanks
Posts: 342
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:54 pm

Re: What has happened to Kouyate?

Postby Shortshanks » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:12 pm

Sadly looks like he is "gone". For a player with his physical attributes he looks gutless and feeble now.
0 x

User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 1916
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am

Re: What has happened to Kouyate?

Postby mkhammer » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:30 pm

Whatever it is, I know one thing he needs to be dropped not from first 11,but from matchday squad.

There's something not right,we can all see it......
1 x

User avatar
dorsetdano
Posts: 585
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 8:28 pm

Re: What has happened to Kouyate?

Postby dorsetdano » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:32 pm

Shortshanks wrote:Sadly looks like he is "gone". For a player with his physical attributes he looks gutless and feeble now.

Or how about plain knackered!
0 x

User avatar
Far West Hammer
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:20 pm
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Re: What has happened to Kouyate?

Postby Far West Hammer » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:35 pm

On any other team he'd at least be sitting on the bench. He was just taking up space out there today.
1 x

User avatar
Newmarket
Posts: 7389
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 10:03 pm

Re: What has happened to Kouyate?

Postby Newmarket » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:48 pm

dorsetdano wrote:
Shortshanks wrote:Sadly looks like he is "gone". For a player with his physical attributes he looks gutless and feeble now.

Or how about plain knackered!

If his dip in form was a recent thing I’d be inclined to agree Dan but it’s been 18 months+ and getting worse . Strangely enough his better performances have been when he’s been centre half.
IMO of course .
0 x

User avatar
Mikeveep
Posts: 884
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 pm
Location: Trendy Walthamstow

Re: What has happened to Kouyate?

Postby Mikeveep » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:41 pm

You obviously dont read my posts !

He's a Defender.

After a few eye catching bursts,when playing alongside Noble in a deep role, and I believe scoring Slaven's first goal at The Emirates, the manager turned to him after our goals started to dry up and gave him a more attacking role. Like he wanted Antonio to be a Wing Back but he persevered for longer. Bad Management...I cant recall a decent creative pass from him in two years or a goal scored other than from a corner/free kick.His inability to get back from an attacking foray, usually because his enthusiasm leads him to end up on his arse, has resulted in Noble spreading himself too thinly to the detriment of his performance.

I hope Moyes get's it soon.
1 x

User avatar
ToneLoc
Posts: 5197
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:21 pm

Re: What has happened to Kouyate?

Postby ToneLoc » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:53 pm

Mikeveep wrote:You obviously dont read my posts !

He's a Defender.

After a few eye catching bursts,when playing alongside Noble in a deep role, and I believe scoring Slaven's first goal at The Emirates, the manager turned to him after our goals started to dry up and gave him a more attacking role. Like he wanted Antonio to be a Wing Back but he persevered for longer. Bad Management...I cant recall a decent creative pass from him in two years or a goal scored other than from a corner/free kick.His inability to get back from an attacking foray, usually because his enthusiasm leads him to end up on his arse, has resulted in Noble spreading himself too thinly to the detriment of his performance.

I hope Moyes get's it soon.

Mike's right.
Once again this is as much about West Ham's technical "experts" fucking up the utilisation of a player in an alien position.
How many more times will we see this happen?
The club and it's footballing specialists seem to have issues plugging square pegs into square holes.

It doesn't excuse Kouyate's woeful lethargy but so many of the root causes (imo) are due to piss-poor mis-management strategically.
How many of our line-ups can you honestly say that "this player is in his preferred position"?
We seem to be in a perpetual state of "winging it".
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"


Return to “Football Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: andyginbrasil, Bing [Bot], corkhammer and 20 guests