What has happened to Kouyate?

Chat about anything football related here!
hamz

Re: What has happened to Kouyate?

Postby hamz » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:10 pm

i think the case can be made thats sakho been in his head for quite a while

that and moyes, bilic and fat sam? are partially to blame for playing him in the center of the pitch instead of in his actual position

if you watch him he plays like a defender, he actually marks players when we have possession instead of making himself available, maybe he is just hiding or maybe he is just on auto pilot... either way he is not a midfield and i think management is the real problem here, especially when he is picked over and over again despite all the poor performances

he is actually a very good defender, it's criminal we are not playing him there
1 x

BillyDWhizz

Postby BillyDWhizz » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:59 pm

He's basically just morphed in to Mo Diame. That's what's happened.
0 x
I hate it when people don't know the difference between "your" and "you're". There so stupid.

Hammertime

Postby Hammertime » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:54 pm

How do Moyes, Pearce, McKinley and Irvine keep putting him in the midfield? Are they not watching or just simply too confident of their coaching abilities to turn a poor performer around?

If we play one more game with Kouyate and Obiang as a pairing in midfield (don't care what the injury situation is) then I will lose all faith in this management team. FFS Ayew could probably do better in the middle than Kouyate and I would def. start Cullen in there over him, but the fact that we should now have Rice and Noble fit and hopefully a signing on the way, i see no reason to continue this woeful midfield lineup.
1 x

Dwayne Pipes

Postby Dwayne Pipes » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:29 pm

Had it too fucking easy with the other clown probably been told to pull his finger out his fucking arse and copped the hump sulking
Lazy fucker.
Sell.
0 x

Brookbonds73

Postby Brookbonds73 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:44 pm

Dwayne Pipes wrote:Had it too fucking easy with the other clown probably been told to pull his finger out his fucking arse and copped the hump sulking
Lazy fucker.
Sell.

You could well be right mate, we've got too many players at our club happy to take the wage and offer fuck all in return.
If they can't give 100% every time they pull the shirt on, then they can fuck right off.
1 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Vladnar

Postby Vladnar » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:30 pm

He's from where?.........exactly.........he's freezing and the cold air is burning his lungs
0 x

Castiron

Postby Castiron » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:49 pm

Ouch!.

Cheikhou Kouyate (West Ham)
You did have to enjoy David Moyes’ fury at West Ham’s lack of energy and fight against Shrewsbury in the FA Cup on Sunday. It came four days after Moyes told reporters that he would not try and win the competition if he thought it could affect West Ham’s league form, then going on to detail why getting into round four would affect the league form. It’s quite some motivational speaking.

Moyes was still right to feel let down by the team he did pick, with Kouyate the guiltiest party. Once a consistent central midfielder and superb during his first two seasons at the club, Kouyate’s form has been declining for a fair while. His self-destruction is a talking point amongst supporters.

This was a new low. A 50% passing accuracy is one thing, but a 50% passing accuracy against a League One team, most of which involve you panicking and hitting the ball long, is another entirely.

Daniel Storey
0 x

hamz

Postby hamz » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:57 pm

Hammertime wrote:If we play one more game with Kouyate and Obiang as a pairing in midfield (don't care what the injury situation is) then I will lose all faith in this management team.

everyone saw how much better cullen was in midfield, not to mention kouyates improvement after being shifted in defence, he actually started to make a meaniful contribution

after that it really can't be any more obvious, i am with you, for me cullen is easily ahead of kouyate in midfield
0 x

Mikeveep

Postby Mikeveep » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:47 pm

I believe that Cheik was played as a central defender around the end of last year, probably due to injuries, with a deal of success. He then was tried in the right back role which he struggled with. So then back to the attacking midfield role as if the early season mediocrity hadn't happened.
0 x

Hammertime

Postby Hammertime » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:59 pm

hamz wrote:
Hammertime wrote:If we play one more game with Kouyate and Obiang as a pairing in midfield (don't care what the injury situation is) then I will lose all faith in this management team.

everyone saw how much better cullen was in midfield, not to mention kouyates improvement after being shifted in defence, he actually started to make a meaniful contribution

after that it really can't be any more obvious, i am with you, for me cullen is easily ahead of kouyate in midfield

Hard to judge Cullen on that one performance except to say he deserves another one playing in his natural position for the whole game. Would think he at least should get to play the replay there, but if Noble and/or Rice are fit, I'd use them and/or Obiang ahead of Cullen in the league for now.
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”