Lanzini to Liverpool

Chat about anything football related here!
h69

Re: Lanzini to Liverpool

Post by h69 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:46 am

terrya1965 wrote:
Shortshanks wrote:And of course they now have to strengthen the massive gap that has been left by his transfer !!
If they buy a new keeper and another central defender,they will have a better team.Courtinio is a class player,but why keep an unhappy player that is going to upset the apple cart.I do think he should have stayed till the end of the season.Don`t know why they didn`t when Barcelona have virtually won the League and he can`t play CL?

Who knows why he left now?Maybe,they have something up that sleeve?
Wanted to go last summer....the club begged him to stay and he didnt play for a while because he was sulking. Now he has a second chance....he had to go now as he could get injured in the second half of the season and miss that chance once and for all. He paid 11M of his own money to make this happen so he was desperate to go.....good luck to him, who would not want to play there ?

I think Barca will concentrate all their resources in acquiring Griezmann next summer and so wanted Coutinho done now
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:57 am

h69 wrote:
Far West Hammer wrote:
I disagree. I think he's not too far from being as good as Coutinho (partly because I think Coutinho is overrated), and I think he'd do marvelously well at Liverpool. Can you imagine playing behind that attack of Mane, Firmino and Salah? I'll bet it would beat having Carroll and Antonio ahead of you! Lanzini's not the kind of player who can consistently make something out of nothing (like that chubby little Frenchman we used to have), but he sure can make something out of something, and I think he'd become a star at Liverpool, personally.
A great player can galvanise a whole team on their own. For all his faults Payet turned our club with a poor coach into a champions league contender. Coutinho is at the heart of a lot of what Liverpool do and has been bought to replace Iniesta....he is not as good as Iniesta but who is. Coutinho is one of the best attacking midfielders in Europe though.

Lanzini is a decent player and is at his level. I dont think he can change a game on his own or galvanise a side. Someone like Eriksen would be a player I would rate far more highly....Pogba has the potential also but has failed to live up to that at Man Utd but did it at Juve.

I think Lanzini would struggle to get in that Liverpool side and if he becomes their no 10, I would be surprised.
Pretty much agree with that. Imo Coutinho is an exceptional player whereas Lanzini is a good one. I would put Lanzini and Lallana at pretty much the same level, neither is able to influence a game like Coutinho. Liverpool didn't really have a choice but imo his departure will weaken them. Although they have spent half of the money on VanDijk which will certainly strengthen them defensively.
0 x
I demand answers. And I demand them now. Why is there only one monopolies commission ?

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:59 am

Brookbonds73 wrote:Meanwhile back at the OS, Dave and co are working tirelessly in asset stripping before they sell up and fuck off.
Very subtle form of it mate but your right....

But it's more a Drain(The high interest they were/are charging our club for any money they
put into it,was a nailed on giveaway)IMO.

I see Mr Sullivan as a Thick Skinned uncaring Ego tripper.....Who won't go till the asset,starts
to fail or has been stripped...
0 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:19 am

I think if Courtino and Lanzini had swapped teams,you would have the same result...
Courtino with us would be hot and cold,bags of unused potential,and Lanzini at Liverpool
would be a Star on his way to Barcelona....
It's all about the Players around you.....
Take Hernandez put him in any of the top six sides he Scores Goals 20+ a season prob
With us..................

Massive Blow to us if he were to go,the very last player I would let leave...

But if he was adamant on leaving.....you gotta let him go.....But 55mill price tag..
0 x

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:35 am

I would be putting my money on Riyad Mahrez going to Liverpool.
0 x

h69

Post by h69 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:05 am

mkhammer wrote:I think if Courtino and Lanzini had swapped teams,you would have the same result...
Courtino with us would be hot and cold,bags of unused potential,and Lanzini at Liverpool
Take Hernandez put him in any of the top six sides he Scores Goals 20+ a season prob

But if he was adamant on leaving.....you gotta let him go.....But 55mill price tag..
Coutinho would have a similar effect on us that Payet had if he was here.
Lanzini would have a similar effect on Liverpool as Henderson does....

I would break their arms off for 20M plus. I think Lanzini has been pretty poor this season and cannot hold onto the ball for toffee.

I dont get all the hype about Lanzini....its because of the type of player he is but I would rather a fit Arnie than a fit Lanzini or Hernandez in the PL....he has the strength and while he is not always consistent, you cant say Lanzini has been either.

Liverpool need to bring Keita in now to replace Can and then go and get a world class midfield player. Lanzini is not that. Moreover they need a GK and someone to play at the back with VvD. Their Back four has been shocking.

As for Hernandez.....there was a reason he was always a sub at Man Utd......good finisher but that is it, does not work hard enough and is too lightweight in the tackle. He is more suited to European football f he wants to start. I dont get where all the plaudits come from to be honest.

I agree with Terry, could see Mahrez at pool.
0 x

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:44 am

h69 wrote:
mkhammer wrote:I think if Courtino and Lanzini had swapped teams,you would have the same result...

Coutinho would have a similar effect on us that Payet had if he was here.
Lanzini would have a similar effect on Liverpool as Henderson does....

I would break their arms off for 20M plus. I think Lanzini has been pretty poor this season and cannot hold onto the ball for toffee.

I dont get all the hype about Lanzini....its because of the type of player he is but I would rather a fit Arnie than a fit Lanzini or Hernandez in the PL....he has the strength and while he is not always consistent, you cant say Lanzini has been either.

Liverpool need to bring Keita in now to replace Can and then go and get a world class midfield player. Lanzini is not that. Moreover they need a GK and someone to play at the back with VvD. Their Back four has been shocking.

As for Hernandez.....there was a reason he was always a sub at Man Utd......good finisher but that is it, does not work hard enough and is too lightweight in the tackle. He is more suited to European football f he wants to start. I dont get where all the plaudits come from to be honest.

I agree with Terry, could see Mahrez at pool.
goodpost:)
0 x

Jacko1966

Post by Jacko1966 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:54 am

Hammershark wrote:According to the express bookies suddenly received huge cash bets today on Lanzini joining Liverpool now making him 8/11 on to make the move :o
Wouldn’t surprise me to be honest.
If the bin dippers are looking to replace Coutinho they'll want someone far better than Lanzini (and will be able to afford it). All paper talk imho.
0 x

Social Media