Lanzini to Liverpool

Chat about anything football related here!
User avatar
terrya1965
Posts: 3019
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 8:48 pm

Re: Lanzini to Liverpool

Postby terrya1965 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:41 pm

Shortshanks wrote:
terrya1965 wrote:
h69 wrote:It may or may not happen but

1) Lanzini is nowhere near good enough to replace Coutinho or indeed even play for Liverpool
2) They need to spend that money on a decent DM, 2 more Centre Backs to play alongside Van Dijk and replace that moody goalkeeper.

Going forward even without Coutinho they are superb but it is at the back they have issues.


LIverpool have a better win rate WITHOUT Courtinio.71% without and 44% with.

Fuck me another Noble statistician. The annual Gnome convention must be coming up i am genuinely amused


What the f*ck are you on about?..Liverpool got a decent price for him and they can strengthen where they need to.Actually think they got a good deal.
1 x

User avatar
Hammershark
Posts: 638
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:44 am
Location: Wooburn Green

Re: Lanzini to Liverpool

Postby Hammershark » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:41 pm

I hate to say it but I think Lanzini would do very well at Liverpool.
Under the Positive influence of Klipperty Klopp and surrounded by other attacking players of quality he would surely thrive and prob go up a couple of gears himself.
The way we play at the moment who could blame him for wanting to jump ship.... and not just because of the way we are at the present... there is no concrete evidence of this changing in the future.
If I was in his shoes, even with my Claret n Blue blood I would seriously consider it (before turning it down) but like most current day footballers I’m sure his blood runs ordinary red ..... hangabout ... Red ! Now I’m even more worried :lol:
The trouble for us is the fact that even if the dwarf did really wanted to spend megabucks on a quality replacement(which is doubtable) .... which great player would even consider coming to us as we stand.
That’s why they must do everything to keep him because he can’t be replaced.
1 x

User avatar
Shortshanks
Posts: 623
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:54 pm

Re: Lanzini to Liverpool

Postby Shortshanks » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:46 pm

terrya1965 wrote:
Shortshanks wrote:
terrya1965 wrote:
LIverpool have a better win rate WITHOUT Courtinio.71% without and 44% with.

Fuck me another Noble statistician. The annual Gnome convention must be coming up i am genuinely amused


What the f*ck are you on about?..Liverpool got a decent price for him and they can strengthen where they need to.Actually think they got a good deal.

What the fuck are you on about ? So Coutinho isn't a brilliant player ? Who is going to be better ?
0 x

User avatar
Shortshanks
Posts: 623
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:54 pm

Re: Lanzini to Liverpool

Postby Shortshanks » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:50 pm

And of course they now have to strengthen the massive gap that has been left by his transfer !!
0 x

User avatar
terrya1965
Posts: 3019
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 8:48 pm

Re: Lanzini to Liverpool

Postby terrya1965 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:59 pm

Shortshanks wrote:And of course they now have to strengthen the massive gap that has been left by his transfer !!


If they buy a new keeper and another central defender,they will have a better team.Courtinio is a class player,but why keep an unhappy player that is going to upset the apple cart.I do think he should have stayed till the end of the season.Don`t know why they didn`t when Barcelona have virtually won the League and he can`t play CL?

Who knows why he left now?Maybe,they have something up that sleeve?
1 x

User avatar
IronsForever
Posts: 3977
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:22 am

Re: Lanzini to Liverpool

Postby IronsForever » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:56 pm

terrya1965 wrote:
Shortshanks wrote:And of course they now have to strengthen the massive gap that has been left by his transfer !!


If they buy a new keeper and another central defender,they will have a better team.Courtinio is a class player,but why keep an unhappy player that is going to upset the apple cart.I do think he should have stayed till the end of the season.Don`t know why they didn`t when Barcelona have virtually won the League and he can`t play CL?

Who knows why he left now?Maybe,they have something up that sleeve?


Probably left now Terry so Liverpool could tie up Van Dyke. If they had laid out 75 million and Bacer changed their mind, the price on Court would have halved elsewhere.Liverpool paid 8 Million for him.Plus as you said the player was desperate to get to Spain and play for the best team in the world. Imagine you selling a product worth 10 grand and someone offers you 25 grand you are not going to wait around. in ya go asap! Can't play champ league but thats Bacer's problem. Liverpool had to jump in while the money was on the table for a 2nd time.Especially with Sanchez on the market.
1 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 5655
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm

Re: Lanzini to Liverpool

Postby Whiskyman » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:16 am

IronsForever wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:
Far West Hammer wrote:
I disagree. I think he's not too far from being as good as Coutinho (partly because I think Coutinho is overrated), and I think he'd do marvelously well at Liverpool. Can you imagine playing behind that attack of Mane, Firmino and Salah? I'll bet it would beat having Carroll and Antonio ahead of you! Lanzini's not the kind of player who can consistently make something out of nothing (like that chubby little Frenchman we used to have), but he sure can make something out of something, and I think he'd become a star at Liverpool, personally.


Imo we'll never know because I'm in agreement with those who think he's not good enough to be Coutinho's replacement. If he went to Liverpool his game time would be very restricted which would harm his chances of being chosen for the Argentinian world cup squad, which apparently are slim enough already but still alive.

Maybe Klopp isn't looking for a direct replacement. He already has a decent attack line up and Lanzini at 25 is very solid in the middle after all that defensive practicing with us. He would be an asset for Klopp to have and could probably get some improvement out of him. Also if Klopp gives 35 Million him for its not bad business. I think the lad would do really well for Liverpool and through them he can become a regular for the Argies. Would be gutted to see him go but how can you stop a club like Liverpool? This is the 2nd season we have struggled in the league and what are the twins doing about it? Appointed David Moyes and linign up Jonjo. Forget about ambition.Their dream is to mold us into a side that can survive every year. Good luck to him if he goes, because i wouldn't think twice in his shoes.


You're right about one thing mate. If Liverpool, or another club at their level, want a player with a club at our level they will get him. Just as Barcelona will get a player at Liverpool's level if they want him. Players, like the rest of us, have ambition and they want to win trophies and maximise their earning potential. And they want to play at the highest level they can.
0 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

User avatar
Mikeveep
Posts: 1365
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 pm
Location: Trendy Walthamstow

Re: Lanzini to Liverpool

Postby Mikeveep » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:57 am

Bookies talking up a market shock.
0 x

User avatar
IronsForever
Posts: 3977
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:22 am

Re: Lanzini to Liverpool

Postby IronsForever » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:40 am

Daily star are saying its 3/1 Lanzini to Liverpool so its all bolocks :D
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

User avatar
hamz
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:30 pm
Location: The answer is Shelvey

Re: Lanzini to Liverpool

Postby hamz » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:20 am

what are the odds on lanzini not going to liverpool

smart money has to be all over it
2 x


Return to “Football Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: OZHAMMER and 27 guests