Lanzini to Liverpool

Chat about anything football related here!
garnett

Re: Lanzini to Liverpool

Postby garnett » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:16 am

Morning,
I don't think Lanzini is Klopps 1st choice, replacing someone like Coutinho is extremely difficult, the best are all wrapped up, but unless Klopp can pull someone out of nowhere, he will come knocking, age is on Lanzini`s side and he is still work in progress.

That said, Lanzini would jump at the prospect and I wouldn't blame him, our club is going nowhere fast and our owners don't seem to want to give him anyone to play with going forward, oops sorry, didn't mean to say going forward.
Last edited by garnett on Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

palerider

Postby palerider » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:21 am

It's clear to me that he won't be a West Ham player by the start of next season, but we badly need him for the remainder of this one. We're so lacking in creativity, Moyes would be mad to allow such a move even though the dwarf would just love to cash in.

So if the Dippers are that keen, which I doubt, 60 million, not a penny less, then loan him back until the Summer, when it's a much easier period to buy and we can bring Mahrez, Lemar and Ozil in.

;)
0 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

eskimo joe

Postby eskimo joe » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:42 am

I really didn't think the January sales could become less awe inspiring than the previous few, how wrong I was. The only part of the present one to date that has got my nerves moving is the rumour of the pending sale of Lanzini. All else has left me feeling like a person propping up a bar with a day old warm pint of bitter in front of me trying to find the enthusiasm to raise the glass for even the smallest sip.
0 x
God is playing a game of hide and seek with dire consequences.....Count me out!

redhammer
Site Admin

Postby redhammer » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:46 am

If we sell him, and as Garnett said, if Liverpool come in then we will have too, then DS has a mammoth task on his side to A-replace him and B-Keep fans happy. A lot of fans will understand and say 'every player has a price' and 'Liverpool are too big for Lanzini to turn down' but....a lot won't give a shit and really be pissed off

The if question for now is-what is our price? £30m? £40m? Do we have the balls to hold out for, say, £60m?

My biggest concern is Moyes wanting PL players. Who do we get to replace Lanzini if we have such tunnel vision? I wonder if this is tied into the Anderlecht midfielder, am aware totally different positions etc but a coup nonetheless
0 x

redhammer
Site Admin

Postby redhammer » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:48 am

hamz wrote:what are the odds on lanzini not going to liverpool

smart money has to be all over it

4/5 to stay here, I got on at evens (Shelvey at evens too).
1 x

IronsForever

Postby IronsForever » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:07 am

redhammer wrote:

Who is that with Red?
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

redhammer
Site Admin

Postby redhammer » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:13 am

IronsForever wrote:
redhammer wrote:

Who is that with Red?

Skybet mate.
0 x

Dolfo

Postby Dolfo » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:15 am

eskimo joe wrote: All else has left me feeling like a person propping up a bar with a day old warm pint of bitter in front of me trying to find the enthusiasm to raise the glass for even the smallest sip.

That's how I've felt for most of the past two seasons.
1 x

IronsForever

Postby IronsForever » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:17 am

redhammer wrote:
IronsForever wrote:
redhammer wrote:

Who is that with Red?

Skybet mate.

Thanks. Might have some of that myself.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

h69

Postby h69 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:41 am

Far West Hammer wrote:
h69 wrote: Lanzini is nowhere near good enough to replace Coutinho...

I disagree. I think he's not too far from being as good as Coutinho (partly because I think Coutinho is overrated), and I think he'd do marvelously well at Liverpool. Can you imagine playing behind that attack of Mane, Firmino and Salah? I'll bet it would beat having Carroll and Antonio ahead of you! Lanzini's not the kind of player who can consistently make something out of nothing (like that chubby little Frenchman we used to have), but he sure can make something out of something, and I think he'd become a star at Liverpool, personally.

A great player can galvanise a whole team on their own. For all his faults Payet turned our club with a poor coach into a champions league contender. Coutinho is at the heart of a lot of what Liverpool do and has been bought to replace Iniesta....he is not as good as Iniesta but who is. Coutinho is one of the best attacking midfielders in Europe though.

Lanzini is a decent player and is at his level. I dont think he can change a game on his own or galvanise a side. Someone like Eriksen would be a player I would rate far more highly....Pogba has the potential also but has failed to live up to that at Man Utd but did it at Juve.

I think Lanzini would struggle to get in that Liverpool side and if he becomes their no 10, I would be surprised.
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”