London Stadium

Chat about anything football related here!
Olas1

London Stadium

Postby Olas1 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:49 pm

So the cost for Everton’s stadium at Bramley-Moore Dock which could be completed by 2022 will cost the club a whopping £500m!
Tottenham’s new stadium is reportedly costing upto £1bn after estimates had suggested £400m!
Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium was up and running in 2006 at a cost of £390m. Well that inflation for you!!
Joking aside it’s no wonder Gold and Sullivan rubbed their hands in glee when West Ham became tenants for the London stadium!!
0 x

Moses

Re: London Stadium

Postby Moses » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:08 pm

I suppose that's the going rate if you want a football stadium.
1 x
It takes guts to be gentle and kind.

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:40 am

I bet the step by step upgrade of UP over a 3-4 year period wouldn’t have cost a quarter of that ....
Still , pointless now .... :(
1 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

Gonzo

Postby Gonzo » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:01 am

Newmarket wrote:I bet the step by step upgrade of UP over a 3-4 year period wouldn’t have cost a quarter of that ....

It's never too late . . . . . . is it? :?
1 x

eskimo joe

Postby eskimo joe » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:08 am

Gonzo wrote:
Newmarket wrote:I bet the step by step upgrade of UP over a 3-4 year period wouldn’t have cost a quarter of that ....

It's never too late . . . . . . is it? :?

Resuscitation only can be useful when applied in time, so yes you can be too late.

Sorry, shoot me I know its a baddun.
1 x
A good person does things in silence, others strive to be seen as good so scream out their deeds.

JustLikeMyDreams

Postby JustLikeMyDreams » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:27 am

Olas1 wrote:So the cost for Everton’s stadium at Bramley-Moore Dock which could be completed by 2022 will cost the club a whopping £500m!
Tottenham’s new stadium is reportedly costing upto £1bn after estimates had suggested £400m!
Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium was up and running in 2006 at a cost of £390m. Well that inflation for you!!
Joking aside it’s no wonder Gold and Sullivan rubbed their hands in glee when West Ham became tenants for the London stadium!!

We're the only club I know,who can move into a stadium double its last one and make money in doing so.Yep our club should be loaded!Money too burn.
I wonder where it's all gone?Some people have got very rich at our club!We should have a brand new,state of the art training centre!It should be second too none in England!Oh well.
Rich on paper but run like a market stall at Romford. :roll:
5 x

h69

Postby h69 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:35 am

Olas1 wrote:So the cost for Everton’s stadium at Bramley-Moore Dock which could be completed by 2022 will cost the club a whopping £500m!

For those who are builders on here...firstly, apologies for the below

How the fuck do quotes run so far over.....Wembley was over by three times the original amount and as menmtioned, Spurs is heading the same way.....is this because the building companies simply under estimate to get the job or are there all kinds of backhanders going on there ?

Interested to know....seems a license to print money and a perfect Money laundering operation to me. (Tin hat on)
0 x

eskimo joe

Postby eskimo joe » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:47 am

h69 wrote:

How the fuck do quotes run so far over.....Wembley was over by three times the original amount and as menmtioned, Spurs is heading the same way.....is this because the building companies simply under estimate to get the job or are there all kinds of backhanders going on there ?

Interested to know....seems a license to print money and a perfect Money laundering operation to me. (Tin hat on)

Dont think you will require a tin hat. That's the problem with estimates and quotes the former will always rise once you get the contract, doubt if there are many that will give a qoute and expect to come away with the contract, or would even entertain giving one for such a big job.

But it is astounding that an estimate can be so so far out. And also you know that there are always going to be those famous snags they encounter in the process.
Last edited by eskimo joe on Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
A good person does things in silence, others strive to be seen as good so scream out their deeds.

tassiehammer

Postby tassiehammer » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:16 am

Might not be in monetary value but our move cost a lot more than all of them put together. :cry:
0 x

garnett

Postby garnett » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:06 pm

h69 wrote:

As much as I hate Arsenal they are a very well run club, I know for a fact that the Emirates was completed before time and under budget.
1 x

Return to “Football Talk”