London Stadium

Chat about anything football related here!
Gonzo

Re: London Stadium

Postby Gonzo » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:32 pm

h69 wrote:
Olas1 wrote:So the cost for Everton’s stadium at Bramley-Moore Dock which could be completed by 2022 will cost the club a whopping £500m!
Tottenham’s new stadium is reportedly costing upto £1bn after estimates had suggested £400m!
Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium was up and running in 2006 at a cost of £390m. Well that inflation for you!!
Joking aside it’s no wonder Gold and Sullivan rubbed their hands in glee when West Ham became tenants for the London stadium!!

For those who are builders on here...firstly, apologies for the below

How the fuck do quotes run so far over.....Wembley was over by three times the original amount and as menmtioned, Spurs is heading the same way.....is this because the building companies simply under estimate to get the job or are there all kinds of backhanders going on there ?

Interested to know....seems a license to print money and a perfect Money laundering operation to me. (Tin hat on)

Generally they don't at my level mate unless the customer asks for something not in the original quote.

Wembley bankrupted a friend of mine. He installed the escalator system there and Multiplex never paid him. He lost his house and everything as he had to get a second mortgage to try and keep his company afloat.

There was a promise of moneys owed which never materialised. Wembley was a fuck up on a massive scale.
0 x

terrya1965

Postby terrya1965 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:30 pm

h69 wrote:
Olas1 wrote:So the cost for Everton’s stadium at Bramley-Moore Dock which could be completed by 2022 will cost the club a whopping £500m!
Tottenham’s new stadium is reportedly costing upto £1bn after estimates had suggested £400m!
Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium was up and running in 2006 at a cost of £390m. Well that inflation for you!!
Joking aside it’s no wonder Gold and Sullivan rubbed their hands in glee when West Ham became tenants for the London stadium!!

How the fuck do quotes run so far over.....Wembley was over by three times the original amount and as menmtioned, Spurs is heading the same way.....is this because the building companies simply under estimate to get the job or are there all kinds of backhanders going on there ?

Interested to know....seems a license to print money and a perfect Money laundering operation to me. (Tin hat on)

You have it spot on IMO.
0 x

terrya1965

Postby terrya1965 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:37 pm

garnett wrote:
h69 wrote:

As much as I hate Arsenal they are a very well run club, I know for a fact that the Emirates was completed before time and under budget.

And with a decent Stadium Sponsor too.Emirates added all the nice extra bits,making one of the worlds best.

Look at the c*nts that run our club.We have no sponsor for the Stadium.This place could be the best in the world,but our owners are only here for profit and nothing else. :(
1 x

Dwayne Pipes

Postby Dwayne Pipes » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:59 pm

Sponsors have nothing to do with West Ham it’s for the stadium owners to sort out.
0 x

JustLikeMyDreams

Postby JustLikeMyDreams » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:12 pm

Dwayne Pipes wrote:Sponsors have nothing to do with West Ham it’s for the stadium owners to sort out.

Spot on,no one wants us there really.
Theres no chance of LDC spending any cash they are not legally obliged too.Our mob are as tight as arse holes and have no intention of spending on anything other than the necessities they need to provide!
That includes on the pitch as well as off it :?
Blinding aye.
2 x

Jimmyflicket

Postby Jimmyflicket » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:16 pm

I think its alright....
0 x

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:17 pm

Jimmyflicket wrote:I think its alright....

:i am genuinely amused: Jim
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

Jimmyflicket

Postby Jimmyflicket » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:24 pm

;)
0 x

BCHammer

Postby BCHammer » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:14 pm

h69 wrote:

Just talking to my brother in law yesterday, he is in the construction industry largely contracted to local councils. He and fifty other blokes spend half the day or more - on the clock - doing nothing because they are waiting for authorization via some piece of paper to be signed somewhere for the most mundane of tasks like putting out the traffic cones. They eventually do something, some foreman comes down and says a suit in an office block has changed his mind and wants it done differently, or they overlooked some elf n safety reg and it needs redoing, they didnt realize the main sewer to the whole city was under where they are digging and something is hitting the fan, or no one consulted great aunt Ethel whose back garden they put a JCB through, or the orange trim on street furniture offended the redhead society. Things that should take an hour take a day, things that should take a day take a week and you get the picture...
1 x

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:41 pm

BCHammer wrote:
h69 wrote:

Things that should take an hour take a day, things that should take a day take a week and you get the picture...

You should see me with some flat-pack furniture......
1 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

Return to “Football Talk”