Huddersfield Town Vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
User avatar
BCHammer
Posts: 352
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:23 pm
Location: Vancouver BC

Re: Huddersfield Town Vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Postby BCHammer » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:50 pm

Whiskyman wrote:Byram ? With respect to your views mate imo he will never be a PL footballer as long as he has a hole in his arse. Doesn't have a football brain. At least imo.


I agree on everything else you say mate, but I do give Byram the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he has just never played enough to get any momentum going, but I do remember him getting forward and putting in some decent crosses and its about the last time I remember anyone doing that from the right wing apart from Arnie... Zaba can, but as I said he is clearly banned from doing so. We need Byram back because Zaba wont be able to play every game - and hes all we got.

And that is a problem because the opposition know it and they can double up or more on the left against the two that can cross. That still doesnt excuse Mr Cresswell from constantly hitting the first man on dead balls though... Physco still has some work to do - roll that clock back 2 years coz he sure used to be able to!
0 x

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 4864
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm

Re: Huddersfield Town Vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Postby Whiskyman » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:13 pm

BCHammer wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:Byram ? With respect to your views mate imo he will never be a PL footballer as long as he has a hole in his arse. Doesn't have a football brain. At least imo.


I agree on everything else you say mate, but I do give Byram the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he has just never played enough to get any momentum going, but I do remember him getting forward and putting in some decent crosses and its about the last time I remember anyone doing that from the right wing apart from Arnie... Zaba can, but as I said he is clearly banned from doing so. We need Byram back because Zaba wont be able to play every game - and hes all we got.

And that is a problem because the opposition know it and they can double up or more on the left against the two that can cross. That still doesnt excuse Mr Cresswell from constantly hitting the first man on dead balls though... Physco still has some work to do - roll that clock back 2 years coz he sure used to be able to!


At least it seems Moyes is aware of the right side player shortage.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 38456.html
0 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

User avatar
deanox
Posts: 1488
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 3:18 pm
Location: Austin TX

Re: Huddersfield Town Vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Postby deanox » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:32 pm

BCHammer wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:I just cannot believe the number of people who want to see Carroll in our starting line up. He's had his glory moment for a month or two people.

While he is still our player I would play Sakho who is, imo, the best striker on our books. And if the dwarf tells Moyes he can't play him because of the appearance clause he's rumoured to have I would, frankly, tell the little cunt to stuff the job up his harris. And that would start a whole new debate. :i am genuinely amused:


Just lack of options for me. If we have to play 5 at the back to stop us conceding 3+, then there is no room for two up top.

Sakho is out of the picture, injured or otherwise - forever hopefully

Chicharito is woefully out of form and confidence, he cant play as a loan striker and I dont think the solid Huddersfield back line will change that for him. He couldnt even score against Shrewsbury to give him some confidence FFS

Antonio is out

Martinez wont get a look in

So the default option is Carroll - who did score two very good goals in his last game and maybe does have confidence - even if it is only to prove himself to Conte. Im OK with that to get 3pts on Saturday.


Exactly, Carroll can be a liability and the sooner we gat a replacement the better, but in the mean time he's our only option. I hate hoof ball but at least he will hold up play, Hernandez is woeful in that role. Just reality of our present strikers unfortunately.
0 x
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

User avatar
BCHammer
Posts: 352
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:23 pm
Location: Vancouver BC

Re: Huddersfield Town Vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Postby BCHammer » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:38 pm

deanox wrote:Exactly, Carroll can be a liability and the sooner we gat a replacement the better, but in the mean time he's our only option. I hate hoof ball but at least he will hold up play, Hernandez is woeful in that role. Just reality of our present strikers unfortunately.


Oh, we all forgot Ayew :i am genuinely amused: But he cant play lone striker anyway. I dont know where he plays actually. Nor does Moyes. Or the twat that bought him. Wonder if Andre himself knows? Maybe Moysie should give Slav another call and see if he ever asked him :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused:
0 x

User avatar
Ibbyham
Posts: 1212
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 11:14 pm

Re: Huddersfield Town Vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Postby Ibbyham » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:52 pm

Porterman wrote:
Ibbyham wrote:Squad Update:

Good news that Arnautovic is fit to play but Antonio is not far off, maybe against Bournemouth.

Adrian

Rice
Ogbonna
Cresswell ? nothing mention if he is ready or not, same as Collins

Zabaleta
Noble
Obiang
Masuaku

Lanzini
Carroll
Arnautovic.


So does that mean if Cresswell doesnt make it you are just having 10 in your squad?

Thats REAL MANAGEMENT Ibby.

No fucking about with players you dont rate.

Defences are a bit thin as Cresswell is out, Collins is out so that left with Rice and Ogbonna so may have to draft Kouyate in there.
0 x

User avatar
Hammertime
Posts: 986
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 1:19 pm

Re: Huddersfield Town Vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Postby Hammertime » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:49 pm

In regards to our immediate shortage on the right wing, as I've stated previously one quick fix would be to employ Kouyate on the right side of a back 3 with Collins & Ogbog, this would allow zabaletta to push further up the field and ping in some crosses and interplay with Arnie & Lanzini. Kouyate has pace to burn, but not the intelligence to play in a midfield role. Tasked with the singular role of defending the right side with cover from either Rice, Noble or Obiang in the holding role ( when Zabba's upfield) should suit his skill set and provides us the necessary width.

I also like zabas ability to keep the ball & find a pass would like to see him do it more in the opposition half.
0 x

User avatar
Porterman
Posts: 2470
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:49 am

Re: Huddersfield Town Vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Postby Porterman » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:02 pm

Ibbyham wrote:
Porterman wrote:
Ibbyham wrote:Squad Update:

Good news that Arnautovic is fit to play but Antonio is not far off, maybe against Bournemouth.

Adrian

Rice
Ogbonna
Cresswell ? nothing mention if he is ready or not, same as Collins

Zabaleta
Noble
Obiang
Masuaku

Lanzini
Carroll
Arnautovic.


So does that mean if Cresswell doesnt make it you are just having 10 in your squad?

Thats REAL MANAGEMENT Ibby.

No fucking about with players you dont rate.

Defences are a bit thin as Cresswell is out, Collins is out so that left with Rice and Ogbonna so may have to draft Kouyate in there.


But hes not in your squad?!!
0 x

User avatar
redhammer
Site Admin
Posts: 3526
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 7:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Huddersfield Town Vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Postby redhammer » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:29 pm

Cresswell is in squad, Carroll however, is not. Ankle injury apparently.
0 x

User avatar
Clayton
Posts: 2495
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:29 pm

Re: Huddersfield Town Vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Postby Clayton » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:43 pm

redhammer wrote:Cresswell is in squad, Carroll however, is not. Ankle injury apparently.


:roll: Carroll injured again can you believe it .
0 x

User avatar
Hammertime
Posts: 986
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 1:19 pm

Re: Huddersfield Town Vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Postby Hammertime » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:38 am

Great ok then:


Adrian

Kouyate. Ogbonna. Cresswell

Zabs. Rice Noble Arthur

Lanzini

Arnie Hernandez
0 x


Return to “Football Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Clayton, eastcoastclaret, scimmy and 17 guests