Huddersfield Town Vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
deanox

Re: Huddersfield Town Vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Postby deanox » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:00 pm

Adrian
Chek Rice Ogbonna
Zab Arthur
Noble Obiang
Lanzini
Arnie
Carroll

This game will suit Moyes as he will play on the counter attack (as he does in every game) and doesn't have to commit to an open style of play.

2-1 to the Hammers
0 x
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:32 pm

I just cannot believe the number of people who want to see Carroll in our starting line up. He's had his glory moment for a month or two people.

While he is still our player I would play Sakho who is, imo, the best striker on our books. And if the dwarf tells Moyes he can't play him because of the appearance clause he's rumoured to have I would, frankly, tell the little cunt to stuff the job up his harris. And that would start a whole new debate. :i am genuinely amused:
1 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:49 pm

Whiskyman wrote:I just cannot believe the number of people who want to see Carroll in our starting line up. He's had his glory moment for a month or two people.

While he is still our player I would play Sakho who is, imo, the best striker on our books. And if the dwarf tells Moyes he can't play him because of the appearance clause he's rumoured to have I would, frankly, tell the little cunt to stuff the job up his harris. And that would start a whole new debate. :i am genuinely amused:

Yep you can’t beat a good mass debate :D
1 x

deanox

Postby deanox » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:23 am

Whiskyman wrote:I just cannot believe the number of people who want to see Carroll in our starting line up. He's had his glory moment for a month or two people.

I discount Sakho from the team for two reasons:
1) he’s a cunt
2) he’s a cunt who’s apparently injured
1 x
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

redhammer
Site Admin

Postby redhammer » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:44 am

I think we all know Carroll will be starting for this one, rightly or wrongly.

Does anyone else get the feeling if Moyes could pick one person to score, it would be Carroll?
1 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:50 am

redhammer wrote:

Does anyone else get the feeling if Moyes could pick one person to score, it would be Carroll?

I agree we all know the lump will start if fit. But I am still shocked at the number of people who actually want him to. I wish Signor Conte would get that cheque book out. And sharpish.
0 x

eskimo joe

Postby eskimo joe » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:57 am

Whiskyman wrote:
redhammer wrote:

I agree we all know the lump will start if fit. But I am still shocked at the number of people who actually want him to. I wish Signor Conte would get that cheque book out. And sharpish.

Well he was neutralized quite adequately during our last encounter, maybe it will be different this time as it's not his first game back. I doubt it though.
0 x
God is playing a game of hide and seek with dire consequences.....Count me out!

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:01 pm

eskimo joe wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:
redhammer wrote:

Well he was neutralized quite adequately during our last encounter, maybe it will be different this time as it's not his first game back. I doubt it though.

I doubt it as well mate. He has had his moment of quality this season and, as we know, those moments are as rare as rocking horse shit.
0 x

eskimo joe

Postby eskimo joe » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:27 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
eskimo joe wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:

I doubt it as well mate. He has had his moment of quality this season and, as we know, those moments are as rare as rocking horse shit.

Our rocking horse left a load of shit, well I thought it did until I realized I never put the sprog in a nappy.
1 x
God is playing a game of hide and seek with dire consequences.....Count me out!

BCHammer

Postby BCHammer » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:20 pm

Just lack of options for me. If we have to play 5 at the back to stop us conceding 3+, then there is no room for two up top.

Sakho is out of the picture, injured or otherwise - forever hopefully

Chicharito is woefully out of form and confidence, he cant play as a loan striker and I dont think the solid Huddersfield back line will change that for him. He couldnt even score against Shrewsbury to give him some confidence FFS

Antonio is out

Martinez wont get a look in

So the default option is Carroll - who did score two very good goals in his last game and maybe does have confidence - even if it is only to prove himself to Conte. Im OK with that to get 3pts on Saturday.
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”