Huddersfield Town Vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Huddersfield Town Vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Postby Whiskyman » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:59 pm

BCHammer wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:I just cannot believe the number of people who want to see Carroll in our starting line up. He's had his glory moment for a month or two people.

While he is still our player I would play Sakho who is, imo, the best striker on our books. And if the dwarf tells Moyes he can't play him because of the appearance clause he's rumoured to have I would, frankly, tell the little cunt to stuff the job up his harris. And that would start a whole new debate. :i am genuinely amused:

Just lack of options for me. If we have to play 5 at the back to stop us conceding 3+, then there is no room for two up top.

Sakho is out of the picture, injured or otherwise - forever hopefully

Chicharito is woefully out of form and confidence, he cant play as a loan striker and I dont think the solid Huddersfield back line will change that for him. He couldnt even score against Shrewsbury to give him some confidence FFS

Antonio is out

Martinez wont get a look in

So the default option is Carroll - who did score two very good goals in his last game and maybe does have confidence - even if it is only to prove himself to Conte. Im OK with that to get 3pts on Saturday.

Convincing points mate. Catch 22 sotuation for me. If he proves his fitness/form to Conte the siren voices will be telling us to "keep him, keep him" but if he breaks down again we continue to be saddled with an expensive dud who it will be increasingly difficult to shift. I dread to think how much the useless article has cost us in transfer fees and wages since he joined.

Apparently he's scored 25 goals for us which is working out at well over £1 million a bloody goal unless I've overestimated his salary. What a bloody awful piece of business. Thank you Mr Bloody Allardyce. :x
2 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

redhammer
Site Admin

Postby redhammer » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:28 pm

Jon Moss is ref, fuck sake!
0 x

redhammer
Site Admin

Postby redhammer » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:14 pm

my betting blog if anyone wishes for a read. Few tasty ones in there I think! The 6/4 is the riskiest one however!

https://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=413479
0 x

terrya1965

Postby terrya1965 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:44 pm

I still find it amazing that the core of our team is the one Allardyce left. :o
0 x

terrya1965

Postby terrya1965 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:48 pm

We could win 1-0,draw 0-0 or get beat 3-0.

Who knows?We must be the most unpredictable team in the League.
0 x

Clayton

Postby Clayton » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:02 pm

Would like Moyes to have a go in this game , Huddersfield like to attack , and I think we can match them in that department . So for me I would go with a 4-2-3-1

Adrian
Zabs - Rice - Ogbonna - Cresswell
-------- Cullen ------ Noble ---------
Arnie -------- Lanzini ------ Arthur
------------- Hernandez -------------

But as for Moyes I cant see him changing anything and will stick with a back 3 and probably play Carroll up .
1 x

BCHammer

Postby BCHammer » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:14 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
BCHammer wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:I just cannot believe the number of people who want to see Carroll in our starting line up. He's had his glory moment for a month or two people.

While he is still our player I would play Sakho who is, imo, the best striker on our books. And if the dwarf tells Moyes he can't play him because of the appearance clause he's rumoured to have I would, frankly, tell the little cunt to stuff the job up his harris. And that would start a whole new debate. :i am genuinely amused:

Just lack of options for me. If we have to play 5 at the back to stop us conceding 3+, then there is no room for two up top.

Chicharito is woefully out of form and confidence, he cant play as a loan striker and I dont think the solid Huddersfield back line will change that for him. He couldnt even score against Shrewsbury to give him some confidence FFS

Antonio is out

So the default option is Carroll - who did score two very good goals in his last game and maybe does have confidence - even if it is only to prove himself to Conte. Im OK with that to get 3pts on Saturday.

Convincing points mate. Catch 22 sotuation for me. If he proves his fitness/form to Conte the siren voices will be telling us to "keep him, keep him" but if he breaks down again we continue to be saddled with an expensive dud who it will be increasingly difficult to shift. I dread to think how much the useless article has cost us in transfer fees and wages since he joined.

Apparently he's scored 25 goals for us which is working out at well over £1 million a bloody goal unless I've overestimated his salary. What a bloody awful piece of business. Thank you Mr Bloody Allardyce. :x

There are two other problems though. We shouldnt NEED 5 at the back against anyone outside the top 6, thereby freeing up a man to go two up top.

The other is whoever it is gets no service, even big AC, no one apart from Arnie (who is not supposed to be a right winger as far as I can tell from the formation) can cross a ball into the box! Cress is terrible at it and Arthur is not much better, he just runs past half the team first. Zaba can, but we dont want him too far forward because he cant get back. And there are no diagonal or over the top passes from the middle. Put Messi, Shearer & Henry in there and we wont score because we cant get past the halfway line. Byram back will help a little.....

I think many would like to see Arnie & Chicharito together up top, so you go to 4 at the back - then what do you do in midfield?? Particularly with Noble out, get over run, thats what - by Mooy & Tom Ince FFS
0 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:38 am

BCHammer wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:
BCHammer wrote:

Antonio is out

There are two other problems though. We shouldnt NEED 5 at the back against anyone outside the top 6, thereby freeing up a man to go two up top.

The other is whoever it is gets no service, even big AC, no one apart from Arnie (who is not supposed to be a right winger as far as I can tell from the formation) can cross a ball into the box! Cress is terrible at it and Arthur is not much better, he just runs past half the team first. Zaba can, but we dont want him too far forward because he cant get back. And there are no diagonal or over the top passes from the middle. Put Messi, Shearer & Henry in there and we wont score because we cant get past the halfway line. Byram back will help a little.....

I think many would like to see Arnie & Chicharito together up top, so you go to 4 at the back - then what do you do in midfield?? Particularly with Noble out, get over run, thats what - by Mooy & Tom Ince FFS

Byram ? With respect to your views mate imo he will never be a PL footballer as long as he has a hole in his arse. Doesn't have a football brain. At least imo.

As for formations a back 3 shouldn't need a back 5, as you say. But for it to work properly the two widest in the middle 5 need to be athletic, and also have decent defensive qualities as well as the ability to deliver service to the front line. In his first season Cresswell, although limited defensively, had the ability to deliver some decent crosses. For some reason he seems to have lost that ability. Zabaleta is a quality performer imo, but he is getting on and we can't expect him to get up and down the pitch like a Sergi Roberto.

What I would do is play a back 3, assuming they're all fit, of Kouyate, Collins & Ogbonna,with Rice just in front as a sort of shield (that kid is quality imo and will be playing for a bigger club in a couple of years unfortunately) and put Zabaleta, Obiang, Noble and Lanzini in the middle with Arnautovic as the focal point up front with either Sakho or Hernandez playing with him.

Oddly enough that's the set up I send my kids team out with on Sundays but the difference is not one of them is a moody little fuckwit who wants to go and play somewhere else because another coach has offered him extra fries with his post match Big Mac. ;)

But it's a lot easier in the Mid Herts Under 16 Premier league than it is in the professional world. I've only got half a dozen or so parents who think I'm a complete bell end if the team don't win. :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused:
1 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

Ibbyham

Postby Ibbyham » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:11 am

Squad Update:

Good news that Arnautovic is fit to play but Antonio is not far off, maybe against Bournemouth.

Adrian

Rice
Ogbonna
Cresswell ? nothing mention if he is ready or not, same as Collins

Zabaleta
Noble
Obiang
Masuaku

Lanzini
Carroll
Arnautovic.
0 x

Porterman

Postby Porterman » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:29 pm

Ibbyham wrote:Squad Update:

Good news that Arnautovic is fit to play but Antonio is not far off, maybe against Bournemouth.

Adrian

Rice
Ogbonna
Cresswell ? nothing mention if he is ready or not, same as Collins

Zabaleta
Noble
Obiang
Masuaku

Lanzini
Carroll
Arnautovic.

So does that mean if Cresswell doesnt make it you are just having 10 in your squad?

Thats REAL MANAGEMENT Ibby.

No fucking about with players you dont rate.
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”