Sakho to Palace

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Re: Sakho to Palace

Postby terrya1965 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:35 am

Hammershark wrote:I don’t think we should be wasting any time feeling sorry for Sakho and his situation.
The Sakho that I watched when he first joined our club was one of the best strikers I have seen at our club in my 45 years or so of supporting us.
His movement, pace and finishing was unbelievable from a player signed so cheaply... fantastic!
But like always with our club you’re left wondering ok what’s the catch ?
The catch of course is that he’s not the full ticket upstairs... as tight as you might think our board is do you think for one second they wouldn’t give him a bumper new contract if he was performing to the level he is capable of ... players like him on form and firing are like gold dust... he could have been so good but he’s just too dumb to realise it himself.
If he fell head first into a bucket of tits ... he would come up sucking his thumb ! babyfuckoff .... that’s the prob... like a child.. no backbone or will to succeed.
Now he’s just become a cancer at the club that’s proving hard to remove, let’s face it ... with him it’s like trying to sell the old town bike... for potential buyers they are tempted cause they know the old bike would give them moments of great pleasure... but also know they will prob be left with a uncontrollable itch :shock:

You are right.In this day and age,his the complete striker.When he first come,he had the lot.Pace,could hold it up,could head and score goals.He had no problem playing up on his own either.NONE of our current strikers can do that.
0 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:50 am

Hammershark wrote:I don’t think we should be wasting any time feeling sorry for Sakho and his situation.
The Sakho that I watched when he first joined our club was one of the best strikers I have seen at our club in my 45 years or so of supporting us.

I don't think too many people are mate tbh. But I think a lot of fans get mightily pissed off with people telling us we shouldn't play him because of factors not directly connected with football. Imo the manager's responsibility is to put out the team you think has the best chance of winning the match.

If Moyes feels his team is more likely to do that without Sakho then fine, but if he is choosing to leave him out for other reasons then, imo, he is wrong. I don't feel sorry for Sakho. There are people far more deserving of my sympathy and he may well be the total bell end people claim . But I do happen to believe he is the best striker on the club#'s books at the present time.
2 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

IronsForever

Postby IronsForever » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:06 pm

If he doesn't show the right attitude in training he wont play. I can see him jogging around in 2nd gear in training. Moyes wont play anyone that doesn't put in a shift on the training ground.To be honest he doesn't want to be here so why persist with a player who's heart is not in it. Be like turning up for work as flat as a pancake going trough the motions. Let the geezer go sheesh!
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

JayK

Postby JayK » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:06 pm

I think overall as a forum more feel Sakho is our best striker. And I agree. Are his head and back ok though? Is it just the money bothering him? I don’t think so. He wants to leave and that’s that. A real shame because on his day he shows all the great attributes previously mentioned by others who’s names I can’t remember. But he doesn’t show those attributes at the moment. He doesn’t do all this running around and chasing down etc, he just makes up the numbers. If his head ain’t in it, sell him. But not to a prem team. It will be sad to see his best attributes leave the club but it’s been a while since we seen them.

If it is just the money, pay him and play him. It’s a no brainer
1 x
COYI!!!

Moses

Postby Moses » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:23 pm

I can barely believe what I am reading here. Fucking hell.

Feel sorry for him? Been treated very very badly, the poor diddums? I don't know how he's managing to get through each day with the way he has been treated.

FOR FUCK SAKE.

The man is an uncommitted, moody, sulking cunt. He's a good striker when he wants to be, that's good, not great, but let's look at the facts. He was in the French 2nd division when we signed him, we gave him much better money than he was on (he's not poor, FYI) we gave him a platform, and he played well. However, his commitment to the cause (I know stuff that he's done which is so unprofessional it's untrue) the fact he has been more injury prone than Carroll, and a lot of these injuries have been back injuries (which you should all know are hard for experts to dispute) should give you an indication of why the club haven't chucked money at him.

Now, I understand football is a different world, but surely if you think you deserve to get a new contract at work on loads more money, the first thing you would do is work harder, put the graft in, and show everyone you're worth it. But no, some of our fans think we should do it because he holds up the ball better than our other strikers. Thank fuck you lot don't make the decision on players' contracts.

Andy Carroll does earn a lot more money than him, but then Andy Carroll's career includes scoring goals for England and getting a big money move to Liverpool. He's not my favourite player in the world, and he has been a cunt off the pitch, but he has done those things mentioned. Sakho has had one good season in the top flight, before that he was a lower league nobody, and has been persistently injured, and has been very disruptive to the club. We need to get players like him and, in fairness Carroll, the fuck out of the club, not feeling sorry for him ffs
3 x
It takes guts to be gentle and kind.

eskimo joe

Postby eskimo joe » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:32 pm

Moses wrote:I can barely believe what I am reading here. Fucking hell.

Feel sorry for him? Been treated very very badly, the poor diddums? I don't know how he's managing to get through each day with the way he has been treated.

FOR FUCK SAKE.

The man is an uncommitted, moody, sulking cunt. He's a good striker when he wants to be, that's good, not great, but let's look at the facts. He was in the French 2nd division when we signed him, we gave him much better money than he was on (he's not poor, FYI) we gave him a platform, and he played well. However, his commitment to the cause (I know stuff that he's done which is so unprofessional it's untrue) the fact he has been more injury prone than Carroll, and a lot of these injuries have been back injuries (which you should all know are hard for experts to dispute) should give you an indication of why the club haven't chucked money at him.

Now, I understand football is a different world, but surely if you think you deserve to get a new contract at work on loads more money, the first thing you would do is work harder, put the graft in, and show everyone you're worth it. But no, some of our fans think we should do it because he holds up the ball better than our other strikers. Thank fuck you lot don't make the decision on players' contracts.

Andy Carroll does earn a lot more money than him, but then Andy Carroll's career includes scoring goals for England and getting a big money move to Liverpool. He's not my favourite player in the world, and he has been a cunt off the pitch, but he has done those things mentioned. Sakho has had one good season in the top flight, before that he was a lower league nobody, and has been persistently injured, and has been very disruptive to the club. We need to get players like him and, in fairness Carroll, the fuck out of the club, not feeling sorry for him ffs

Maybe its our attitudes that need looking at. We base our thoughts on money, if you got it you should be happy. Guess what?! Money can't and doesn't always buy you happiness. Or just maybe some want something other than just money. Stop making the wads of money players have an excuse for them not to be miserable.

How many goals has Carroll knocked in for England? Not enough in my opinion to warrant the over inflated price we paid for one who was a crock when we bought him. Since then we been over paying him just to justify his purchase. Bet Sakho scored more for his country.

Fact is he isn't happy and should go, we can laud about how good we were to him and how grateful he should be., bur like he is now with us West Ham have hardly shown he is important enough . Voiced it but not come out directly and shown it. Fuck me even I would be insulted in only being offered so much if I started, especially with those two knob heads running the club.

I will play devils advocate. We all moan because we believe all players are mercenaries and only in it for the money. Now we are telling players to be happy because they got loads if money. Isn't it just possible one can want both and get both?

Fuck knows what is really wrong with Sakho, and who else really does?! We are all guilty of assuming though and painting our own pictures. What we all should never assume though is that if you got money you should be happy.
1 x
God is playing a game of hide and seek with dire consequences.....Count me out!

Olas1

Postby Olas1 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:41 pm

Sakho is INJURED according to David Moyes in his post match press briefing so that answers the question as to whether he had a medical or not!!
0 x

Moses

Postby Moses » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:41 pm

eskimo joe wrote:

FOR FUCK SAKE.

Maybe its our attitudes that need looking at. We base our thoughts on money, if you got it you should be happy. Guess what?! Money can't and doesn't always buy you happiness. Or just maybe some want something other than just money. Stop making the wads of money players have an excuse for them not to be miserable.

How many goals has Carroll knocked in for England? Not enough in my opinion to warrant the over inflated price we paid for one who was a crock when we bought him. Since then we been over paying him just to justify his purchase. Bet Sakho scored more for his country.

Fact is he isn't happy and should go, we can laud about how good we were to him and how grateful he should be., bur like he is now with us West Ham have hardly shown he is important enough . Voiced it but not come out directly and shown it. Fuck me even I would be insulted in only being offered so much if I started, especially with those two knob heads running the club.

I will play devils advocate. We all moan because we believe all players are mercenaries and only in it for the money. Now we are telling players to be happy because they got loads if money. Isn't it just possible one can want both and get both?

Fuck knows what is really wrong with Sakho, and who else really does?! We are all guilty of assuming though and painting our own pictures. What we all should never assume though is that if you got money you should be happy.

I don't even know where to start with that load of bollocks.
1 x

IronsForever

Postby IronsForever » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:02 pm

eskimo joe wrote:

FOR FUCK SAKE.

I think what fkked him up was that 2nd half of the season under Bilic at upton park. He was on less than half the wages Carrol was on and contributing more at the time more to the team. In fact he played key roles in games we won away against the top 6, holding the ball up, his pace and running back defending. In short he gave it all he had. Then Carrol became fit for selection , i think it was Arsenal at home and Bilic dropped Sakho like a bag of spuds for that game. Being shunned like that after all the effort he gave to Bilic in the previous games and the fact he was earning less than half Carrol was must have dug deep. Then Carrol bags a hat trick in that game and bang , Sakho is now a back up striker for him.Thats when i believe he turned on the club and thought wow fuck this i am getting treated like a slave here!! Not excusing his " non professional " attitude but when you are in a foreign country trying to succeed and playing well and get spat on like that i suppose it can hit a home run. I am also guessing he put in a transfer request after that season and was refused and am guessing he asked for a rise in wages and was also refused.Pulled the back sickie for almost the whole season. He did have an issue with the back but obviously the reason was he wanted out. Not playing or training meant he failed a late fitness test otherwise he would have joined WBA i think last season. Just let the guy go asap and move on
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Moses

Postby Moses » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:24 pm

There's a lot of excuses being made for this moody cunt.

I can't believe people genuinely seem to feel sorry for him.

It is 100% about the dough for him, and I'll confirm this again, seeing as no one seems to have realised, but he has been the most injury prone player at the club for 3 years, has missed more games than Carroll. Who in their right mind would throw money at a crock? A fucking moody one at that?
2 x

Return to “Football Talk”