Sakho to Palace

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Sakho to Palace

Postby Whiskyman » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:18 pm

Hammertime wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:
Mikeveep wrote:He is of no value to is at all at the moment.

Holding back? Playing within himself ? I dont feel that is in the case.

Havent seen an ounce of quality from him in two years.

Scored 10 in his first full season..How much of that was him being a surprise package alongside Valencia, proving a handful. Hasnt a good first touch or an eye for a pass,Occasionally wins a ball through persistance but cant dribble.

Makes him an average poacher in my book.

This is just a rather long winded way of saying he's a worthless tosser.

You could almost be talking about Carroll there Mike. Apart from the 10 goals in his first

season bit of course. :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused:

You're not far off the mark though and it does make one realise how short we are in the striking department as Hernandez isn't doing the business we all hoped and expected he would.

"Almost" but not quite, Wor Andy's always going to have the stigma of his injury layoffs, as well as the rust he appears to have when coming back to full game fitness. Certainly never worth the money paid for him. That said, his 7 goals last season proved vital in our survival and if he stays fit and chimes in with some more this season, I will certainly move him out of the "worthless tosser" category!

As far as "goal value" is concerned his 2 against West Brom got us the points. But using that argument wasn't it Sakho who did the same against Swansea ? In any case with my (very) pedantic head on can I suggest that only 3 of his goals last season were decisive goals. He got 2 in a 3-1 win at Middlesbrough and the first in our win at Southampton, obviously these can be termed key goals.

If we stretch a point his worldy against Palace, the second in a 3-0 win, might have proved crucial but the others, in a 1-5 home loss to Arsenal, the last in a 4-1 win at Swansea and our goal in a loss at Hull weren't. So at least we can agree we certainly aren't getting value for money out of him.
0 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:23 pm

Some reports saying the Palace deal has gone tits up.
Could be bollocks but.
‘West Ham World’ was where I read it?
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:37 pm

ToneLoc wrote:Some reports saying the Palace deal has gone tits up.
Could be bollocks but.
‘West Ham World’ was where I read it?

Sounds like the sequel to Wayne's World.

Hardly Bernstein and Woodward I would suggest mate. ;)
1 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

Hammertime

Postby Hammertime » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:47 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Hammertime wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:
You could almost be talking about Carroll there Mike. Apart from the 10 goals in his first

season bit of course. :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused:

You're not far off the mark though and it does make one realise how short we are in the striking department as Hernandez isn't doing the business we all hoped and expected he would.

"Almost" but not quite, Wor Andy's always going to have the stigma of his injury layoffs, as well as the rust he appears to have when coming back to full game fitness. Certainly never worth the money paid for him. That said, his 7 goals last season proved vital in our survival and if he stays fit and chimes in with some more this season, I will certainly move him out of the "worthless tosser" category!

As far as "goal value" is concerned his 2 against West Brom got us the points. But using that argument wasn't it Sakho who did the same against Swansea ? In any case with my (very) pedantic head on can I suggest that only 3 of his goals last season were decisive goals. He got 2 in a 3-1 win at Middlesbrough and the first in our win at Southampton, obviously these can be termed key goals.

If we stretch a point his worldy against Palace, the second in a 3-0 win, might have proved crucial but the others, in a 1-5 home loss to Arsenal, the last in a 4-1 win at Swansea and our goal in a loss at Hull weren't. So at least we can agree we certainly aren't getting value for money out of him.

Alright we're getting pedantic! So which of the meaningless goals ruined his goal scoring confidence and didn't help to shake off the aforementioned rust?

Had he finally returned and done fuck all I'd agree, but last season he contributed more than most strikers have (including Sakho) after coming back from injury. It's really easy and justified to be fucked off with a player that cost a fortune and has mostly warmed the physio table, but I think it's time to start acknowledging his contribution when he makes one. He was a huge source of relief last season when we looked fucked from the beginning and was an integral part of us staying up.
Last edited by Hammertime on Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Hammerwell2008

Postby Hammerwell2008 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:12 pm

terrya1965 wrote:
Dagger wrote:it does not matter if his good or bad the cunt don't want to play for us

what's changed is the supporters In my day if you didn't want to wear the claret and blue you could go fuck yourself and if you wanted a slap that could be arranged

double tap the cunt for all I care get some one who wants to play for us

WHU fuck the rest

I don`t disagree with you at all.

But what is the cause of this?How comes his prepared to join a WBA or a Palace?Is it the fault of OUR club?

All I am saying is,we are losing a decent player and I'd like to know the reasons why?

Maybe it is do with his injuries and why they won`t give him a better contract?He probably see`s Carroll injured all the time and on decent money,I don`t know.

If I remember right , he seen his arse when we signed Carroll and the wages Carroll was getting . He asked for an improved contract as they were being given out to a fair few players at the time but he was told no . He then went to the Afcon and got injured then had some head trouble ( to do with his partner at the time ) then never been the same since . Bilic come in and tried to give him a chance but they clashed heads and thats when he tried to go to WBA , been a complete (unt since he's been here apart from his first season .

The club have been very patient with him and given him every opportunity to turn things around . They even let him do his rehab in france , they continued to stick to their side of the contract but he's done feck all to repay us in anyway. Sooner he fecks off the better imo , better we have players that want to play for the club rarther than just pick up a wage and take up space in a team . Players with his attitude doesn't help our situation at the moment either , only takes one bad apple to upset the cart ......
0 x

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:12 pm

Hammerwell2008 wrote:
terrya1965 wrote:
Dagger wrote:it does not matter if his good or bad the cunt don't want to play for us

what's changed is the supporters In my day if you didn't want to wear the claret and blue you could go fuck yourself and if you wanted a slap that could be arranged

double tap the cunt for all I care get some one who wants to play for us

WHU fuck the rest

I don`t disagree with you at all.

But what is the cause of this?How comes his prepared to join a WBA or a Palace?Is it the fault of OUR club?

All I am saying is,we are losing a decent player and I'd like to know the reasons why?

Maybe it is do with his injuries and why they won`t give him a better contract?He probably see`s Carroll injured all the time and on decent money,I don`t know.

only takes one bad apple to upset the cart ......

This club seems to have a habit of signing enough of them to make a fucking orchard.
2 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

palerider

Postby palerider » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:27 pm

Has he gone yet ?
0 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

JayK

Postby JayK » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:31 pm

I’d rather he went abroad. He’ll get his head right at another club, feel important and score loads of goals
0 x
COYI!!!

BCHammer

Postby BCHammer » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:55 pm

palerider wrote:Has he gone yet ?

Evening Standard report 12m fee agreed, but Moysie in his udders presser says he knows nothing about it, he likes him and wants to keep him.

So I guess we'll see him in the red & blue tomorrow then...
0 x

palerider

Postby palerider » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:17 pm

Says on Sky the deal's in doubt.

Woy wants to pull out.
0 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

Return to “Football Talk”