Sakho to Palace

Chat about anything football related here!
ZP Hammer

Re: Sakho to Palace

Postby ZP Hammer » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:32 am

A lot of people are not well disposed towards Sakho. They may be correct in their attitude towards him but I can’t help but feel for the guy. I have no first hand knowledge of his deal but I’ve heard he’s on pretty low wages (relatively speaking). There have been rumours of him being on a starting bonus (25k? 50k?). We were told of how he went to Rennes for a medical on his own recognisance, apparently passed, had the other club offer a fee but had the transfer scuppered because we hadn’t got a replacement for him.

I’m pretty certain that knowing how much more than you Andy Carroll or Chicharito gets might be quite galling anyway at the best of times. If they were knocking a brace in every week you might however understand the differential. As we all know that has not been the case. Imagine then that you’re trying to get the gaffers eye and he keeps passing you over. Plus he’s the new guy who has supposedly wiped the slate clean for everyone.

As if that’s not bad enough he is now playing non strikers in the forward position. Cheikhou gets to play every game, and even if he’s not on a starting bonus he is playing like crap at the moment.

And Sicknote is still getting 50k a week more than you.

Now I grew up in Plaistow, I love West Ham but I’m not sure how much affection I’d be able to muster for the club if that was what was happening. And I never saw Diafra round the hood when I was growing up so I feel he may be slightly less dewy eyed about the club than I am.

It may be that I’m totally wrong about the situation but it seems a shame to me that someone who wears the shirt gets so much abuse. He may very much want to leave but it’s the club which has kept him here, he’s not forcing himself on us, and quite possibly with some gametime we could have reintegrated back into the squad.
2 x

Hammershark

Postby Hammershark » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:13 am

I don’t think we should be wasting any time feeling sorry for Sakho and his situation.
The Sakho that I watched when he first joined our club was one of the best strikers I have seen at our club in my 45 years or so of supporting us.
His movement, pace and finishing was unbelievable from a player signed so cheaply... fantastic!
But like always with our club you’re left wondering ok what’s the catch ?
The catch of course is that he’s not the full ticket upstairs... as tight as you might think our board is do you think for one second they wouldn’t give him a bumper new contract if he was performing to the level he is capable of ... players like him on form and firing are like gold dust... he could have been so good but he’s just too dumb to realise it himself.
If he fell head first into a bucket of tits ... he would come up sucking his thumb ! babyfuckoff .... that’s the prob... like a child.. no backbone or will to succeed.
Now he’s just become a cancer at the club that’s proving hard to remove, let’s face it ... with him it’s like trying to sell the old town bike... for potential buyers they are tempted cause they know the old bike would give them moments of great pleasure... but also know they will prob be left with a uncontrollable itch :shock:
2 x

eskimo joe

Postby eskimo joe » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:00 am

ZP Hammer wrote:A lot of people are not well disposed towards Sakho. They may be correct in their attitude towards him but I can’t help but feel for the guy. I have no first hand knowledge of his deal but I’ve heard he’s on pretty low wages (relatively speaking). There have been rumours of him being on a starting bonus (25k? 50k?). We were told of how he went to Rennes for a medical on his own recognisance, apparently passed, had the other club offer a fee but had the transfer scuppered because we hadn’t got a replacement for him.

I’m pretty certain that knowing how much more than you Andy Carroll or Chicharito gets might be quite galling anyway at the best of times. If they were knocking a brace in every week you might however understand the differential. As we all know that has not been the case. Imagine then that you’re trying to get the gaffers eye and he keeps passing you over. Plus he’s the new guy who has supposedly wiped the slate clean for everyone.

As if that’s not bad enough he is now playing non strikers in the forward position. Cheikhou gets to play every game, and even if he’s not on a starting bonus he is playing like crap at the moment.

And Sicknote is still getting 50k a week more than you.

Now I grew up in Plaistow, I love West Ham but I’m not sure how much affection I’d be able to muster for the club if that was what was happening. And I never saw Diafra round the hood when I was growing up so I feel he may be slightly less dewy eyed about the club than I am.

It may be that I’m totally wrong about the situation but it seems a shame to me that someone who wears the shirt gets so much abuse. He may very much want to leave but it’s the club which has kept him here, he’s not forcing himself on us, and quite possibly with some gametime we could have reintegrated back into the squad.

You can take out the wage differential and still have a point. Maybe though the way he has handled himself hasn't shown much dignity. But each person is different, it's easy to say you would be like so until you yourself are in the situation.

I played for my town, was their top scorer but was dropped three games in a row so one of the managers friends who came visiting from abroad could play.( a ringer) I can tell you I wasn't so happy. I had work the following Saturday after his departure so was unavailable so they made do . I enquired why I was no longer picked and he mentioned that one work day. Well eventually they were short and put me down to play. I had a choice swallow my pride and play or leave. I left for another team in the area. I didn't have anything to prove to myself they needed me more than I needed them so they got the finger. The point is had I played I would have only given a half hearted performance based on how they treated me.

Yes they are professionals but, like us, they are human also and have emotional frailties. Obviously Sakho has it big time but what really is the cause, so I can see the quoted posters point.

That how ever doesn't make a case for keeping him, i think he is unhappy here and the fact he is and was willing to play for the likes if WBA and Crystal Palace might indicate he feels he is more likely to start than not. Lets face it Lardy only started him through no choice, Bilic over looked him , granted some because of injury, and Moyes opts for Carroll over him. Would you be happy?
0 x
A good person does things in silence, others strive to be seen as good so scream out their deeds.

Vladnar

Postby Vladnar » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:31 am

Given the chance i still think the lad could do a real job for us so if he can be convinced to do it keep but if he's as unhappy as he seems he must go and get the russian guy in.

Vlad
0 x

palerider

Postby palerider » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:36 am

Vladnar wrote:Given the chance i still think the lad could do a real job for us so if he can be convinced to do it keep but if he's as unhappy as he seems he must go and get the russian guy in.

Vlad

All quiet on the Western Front as to why the deal's off.

If it's the medical he's going nowhere and forget about the Russian.
0 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

Baddowhammer

Postby Baddowhammer » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:40 am

Strip things back and forget what he has or hasn't done off the pitch,he's our best striker,especially the way we are set up at the moment, he runs non stop,he chases lost causes,he harries defenders in their half and he scores goals,all the things Hernandez to a larger extent than others doesn't do.I believe Mr.Sullivan is his one and only problem, all the things that are wrong with our club lead back to the same man. COYI
0 x

Olas1

Postby Olas1 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:43 am

Another mystery Moyes says he is unaware of any bid from Palace, on the day the player was allegedly having a medical (reported by Sky) ex West Ham employee was at the training ground talking to the player so he wasn’t at Palace!? News reports now suggest Palace have got cold feet!?!
So what’s the REAL story!?!?!

There is also the fact the club can trigger a two year extension on the players contract so why haven’t they done that as they could command a higher fee for him!?!
0 x

Hammerwell2008

Postby Hammerwell2008 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:14 am

Baddowhammer wrote:Strip things back and forget what he has or hasn't done off the pitch,he's our best striker,especially the way we are set up at the moment, he runs non stop,he chases lost causes,he harries defenders in their half and he scores goals,all the things Hernandez to a larger extent than others doesn't do.I believe Mr.Sullivan is his one and only problem, all the things that are wrong with our club lead back to the same man. COYI

A bit harsh on Sullivan imo and I'm not a fan of his believe me , I personally think this is all about Sakho and his attitude in general . He had one good season with us and then we signed Carroll ( which tbh was BFS love child ) but Sakho started complaining about his wages then , he then went and got injured in the AFCON and if I remember right even Senegal questioned his back injury , he then decided to go to france for his treatment , should it be up to him really ?
That ended well anyway didn't it , that's when he had relationship problems and his head went . He's been pretty much absent since then .

In comes Bilic and like most managers Bilic was willing to give everyone a fair go but that wasn't good enough for Sakho who was demanding a new contract and a starting place , him and Bilic had a fall out and quite rightly Bilic over looked him even sent him training on his own and with the reserves . Then once again mysterious injuries was appearing and he started to look else where , even took himself off for a medical at another club and we are where we are today with him . Imo David Moyes would work with him and try to bring him back to his old self again but it doesn't seem to of happened , now you've got to ask yourself why ? Moyes has bought most of our team together old and new as well as youngsters to see what he has to work with . Now youve got to ask yourself why didn't Sakho take advantage of that and put himself down for regular first team and then maybe get a better contract ( his contract was good enough when he signed it at the time ) it's all about being professional surely ? But to me it seems as most have said , he's too quick to spit his dummy out rarther than just get on with it .......

You can say about his contract and bonuses but surely his goals keeping us in the prem would be worth more to the club than a few grand a week . How much is each place worth come the end of the season ? Makes no sense to of kept him out for the sake of it , also myself like many others thought that the loyalty the club have shown him , which they have been patient throughout that he'd want to repay the faith back ? No instead he continues to act like a kid and tries to get out at every opportunity , well good luck with it and the best thing for both parties is we get rid and move on .
0 x

Baddowhammer

Postby Baddowhammer » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:29 am

Hammerwell2008 wrote:
Baddowhammer wrote:Strip things back and forget what he has or hasn't done off the pitch,he's our best striker,especially the way we are set up at the moment, he runs non stop,he chases lost causes,he harries defenders in their half and he scores goals,all the things Hernandez to a larger extent than others doesn't do.I believe Mr.Sullivan is his one and only problem, all the things that are wrong with our club lead back to the same man. COYI

A bit harsh on Sullivan imo and I'm not a fan of his believe me , I personally think this is all about Sakho and his attitude in general . He had one good season with us and then we signed Carroll ( which tbh was BFS love child ) but Sakho started complaining about his wages then , he then went and got injured in the AFCON and if I remember right even Senegal questioned his back injury , he then decided to go to france for his treatment , should it be up to him really ?
That ended well anyway didn't it , that's when he had relationship problems and his head went . He's been pretty much absent since then .

In comes Bilic and like most managers Bilic was willing to give everyone a fair go but that wasn't good enough for Sakho who was demanding a new contract and a starting place , him and Bilic had a fall out and quite rightly Bilic over looked him even sent him training on his own and with the reserves . Then once again mysterious injuries was appearing and he started to look else where , even took himself off for a medical at another club and we are where we are today with him . Imo David Moyes would work with him and try to bring him back to his old self again but it doesn't seem to of happened , now you've got to ask yourself why ? Moyes has bought most of our team together old and new as well as youngsters to see what he has to work with . Now youve got to ask yourself why didn't Sakho take advantage of that and put himself down for regular first team and then maybe get a better contract ( his contract was good enough when he signed it at the time ) it's all about being professional surely ? But to me it seems as most have said , he's too quick to spit his dummy out rarther than just get on with it .......

You can say about his contract and bonuses but surely his goals keeping us in the prem would be worth more to the club than a few grand a week . How much is each place worth come the end of the season ? Makes no sense to of kept him out for the sake of it , also myself like many others thought that the loyalty the club have shown him , which they have been patient throughout that he'd want to repay the faith back ? No instead he continues to act like a kid and tries to get out at every opportunity , well good luck with it and the best thing for both parties is we get rid and move on .

Really its about opinions this one because what Sullivan promised him is probably a long way short of his expectations, he started on wages of around £15000 a week he was probably happy at the time,but he probably looked at the other strikers ie AC and reasonably wanted a rise,but not the one he got.This is why we need Sully to stop doing a job better suited to a professional in these matters, who knows what Sullivan is promising. COYI
0 x

palerider

Postby palerider » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:35 am

I may be a bit out but he's on 27k a week.

Yes I know that compared to the average bloke on the street that's a fortune, but that's the climate football's in.

Hernandez is on roughly 130k a week.

Which means he's 4.82 times better than Sakho.

Fuck right off.
0 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

Return to “Football Talk”