Danny Ings

Chat about anything football related here!
User avatar
SoggyOggy
Posts: 417
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:57 am

Re: Danny Ings

Postby SoggyOggy » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:47 am

redhammer wrote:I really like him and think a loan with an arranged fee is a no brainer, is quick and strong, think he would suit Moyes and how he wants to play.

Been out for a while but I'd rather sign someone who's had a big injury than lots of little ones (Ogbonna v Reid if you like). But the loan deal would allow us to evaluate that and we are currently selling Sakho for £10m who has had injury issues as well as plenty other ones.

No longer a cheap signing unless you go abroad which we don't seem to fancy doing for some reason. Unless we get this Russian in but rushing we are not.

He was quick, but 2 major injuries have a way of stealing a yard of pace off a striker. Also I do not know if I agree if he would exactly suit Moyes game plan if he will be playing as a lone striker, because he us rather small and would likely encounter the sake problems as Chico holding up the ball given Moyes tactics of hoofing it long. Ings, much like Chico's best work has come in a striker partnership with a target man (Vokes) and we are yet to see how he would fare without a strike partner. If we were to sign him, he would have to play with Carroll or may be just as ineffective as Chico. Honestly I would much rather we go after a striker who ticks all the boxes Moyes wants and can do it as a lone striker.
1 x

User avatar
Newmarket
Posts: 9079
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 10:03 pm

Re: Danny Ings

Postby Newmarket » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:46 pm

h69 wrote:
Newmarket wrote:I can’t see the logic tbh ? Get rid of a top class fox in the box as he doesn’t suit the “they shalt not pass” system that the Messiah has installed.

And get an identical injury prone midget in his place .

But that’s ok as it’s a loan and he’s cheaper ffs ....


really interested to know why you think passing the ball around in midfield would play to Hernandez strengths because he got a nice through ball on Sat and couldnt beat a league 1 player and also spends most of his time on his arse complaining if he gets 'tackled'

I’m really interested to know why you think I said anything about passing the ball around in midfield ?
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

User avatar
BlackDiamond
Posts: 2782
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:46 pm

Re: Danny Ings

Postby BlackDiamond » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:55 pm

Newmarket wrote:I can’t see the logic tbh ? Get rid of a top class fox in the box as he doesn’t suit the “they shalt not pass” system that the Messiah has installed.

And get an identical injury prone midget in his place .

But that’s ok as it’s a loan and he’s cheaper ffs ....

This would give our favourite other site CH, plenty of punning material

...Ings stings the...
...Ings pings the...
...Ings flings himself...
...Ings brings another
...Ings springs to the...
...Ings rings the changes...
...Ings swings both ways... :o
...Ings begins his...
...Ings wins another...
...heading for the bins with Ings....
...Ings chins and sent off for his sins
1 x

User avatar
Shortshanks
Posts: 567
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:54 pm

Re: Danny Ings

Postby Shortshanks » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:09 pm

dorsetdano wrote:If we can get Ings at a decent price, go for it. He was decent striker and is still young, so he in my opinion he is worth a risk. Mawson as I have stated on other threads is a car crash waiting to happen.

What we really need is a really good defensive midfielder who can also pass a ball successfully or score; or alternatively a creative midfielder who can also do a bit defensively or at least disrupte things, rather than just wander back in his (or to be politically correct) their own time!

I think we need another "risk" like we need a "hole in the head" !!
0 x

User avatar
BCHammer
Posts: 378
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:23 pm
Location: Vancouver BC

Re: Danny Ings

Postby BCHammer » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:36 pm

Vladnar wrote:Any truth in our link to this fellah? Good replace for this Tex Mex?

Sulkho out Russian in, reasonable business id imagine?

I want to keep big andy.

Wheres these midfielders and whats happening with Mawson?

Come on Jan lets go go go

Vlad


1) We shouldnt be thinking about replacing Chicharito - we should be thinking about how to get the best out of him before writing him off, known weaknesses notwithstanding (as per the thread on him)
2) Why do we want another huge no name gamble, Gary Lewin has plenty job security already
3) Frolov would be an excellent Sakho replacement - just get it done (but not at the expense of a CMF if we can only afford one decent big buy)
4) Martinez should be the future, more needs to be done to bring him through while he has both his legs
5) We're in the minority I feel, but I too would keep AC - put the ball on his head and he will score, we just dont do it enough. He can even use his feet when necessary, even his right one! But with the way Moyes plays, how many strikers do we need... even when they were all fit he played Arnie & Antonio!
6) A solid CMF has to be the priority. Even if we spend all our budget on one quality signing in this position, I would be happy - be that Carvalho or whoever. I would reluctantly settle for Shelvey +1 other, but we also need to bring through Cullen, Haksabanovic & Holland. I would also prioritize RB cover ahead of Ings or any striker for that matter.
7) Swansea said today they want 50m for Mawson!! We certainly wont pay that, hes not worth close to half that and we dont need him. Rice is the future and we have Burke & Oxford. Fonte is also back soon, the geezer is a Portugal international who won the Euros and IMO began to look decent at time of injury. With the revival of Oggy and quality of Rice, I think he will do well. Its actually Reid who is the liability ATM...

So I think that means no to Ings from me...
1 x

User avatar
Shortshanks
Posts: 567
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:54 pm

Re: Danny Ings

Postby Shortshanks » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:45 pm

h69 wrote:
Newmarket wrote:I can’t see the logic tbh ? Get rid of a top class fox in the box as he doesn’t suit the “they shalt not pass” system that the Messiah has installed.

And get an identical injury prone midget in his place .

But that’s ok as it’s a loan and he’s cheaper ffs ....


really interested to know why you think passing the ball around in midfield would play to Hernandez strengths because he got a nice through ball on Sat and couldnt beat a league 1 player and also spends most of his time on his arse complaining if he gets 'tackled'

"Nice through ball" ? What game were you watching ? i am genuinely amused
0 x

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 5035
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm

Re: Danny Ings

Postby Whiskyman » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:24 am

dorsetdano wrote:If we can get Ings at a decent price, go for it. He was decent striker and is still young, so he in my opinion he is worth a risk. Mawson as I have stated on other threads is a car crash waiting to happen.

What we really need is a really good defensive midfielder who can also pass a ball successfully or score; or alternatively a creative midfielder who can also do a bit defensively or at least disrupte things, rather than just wander back in his (or to be politically correct) their own time!


Just looked at your post again mate. You say he WAS a decent striker.

Says it all imo.
1 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

User avatar
Baddowhammer
Posts: 1119
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:00 pm

Re: Danny Ings

Postby Baddowhammer » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:59 am

tassiehammer wrote:Theres a pattern forming here. Apart from all the players we seem to be chasing being a bit crappy and cheapish they all seem to have names we can easily pronounce.

Refreshing that,I've lost count of how many versions there are of kouyate,I prefer Koo-yar-tay myself,not to say its correct but a Smith or a Brown might be good. COYI :D
0 x

User avatar
h69
Posts: 2616
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Ruislip, Middlesex

Re: Danny Ings

Postby h69 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:43 pm

Shortshanks wrote:
h69 wrote:
Newmarket wrote:I can’t see the logic tbh ? Get rid of a top class fox in the box as he doesn’t suit the “they shalt not pass” system that the Messiah has installed.

And get an identical injury prone midget in his place .

But that’s ok as it’s a loan and he’s cheaper ffs ....


really interested to know why you think passing the ball around in midfield would play to Hernandez strengths because he got a nice through ball on Sat and couldnt beat a league 1 player and also spends most of his time on his arse complaining if he gets 'tackled'

"Nice through ball" ? What game were you watching ? i am genuinely amused


I was at the game and had that been Arnie, i imagine he would have buried it.

Sure, the ball was probably deflected there but if he could have been arsed, he would easily have got to it.
0 x


Return to “Football Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: andyginbrasil, BillyDWhizz, Google Adsense [Bot], redhammer and 25 guests