The merged U23’s/Academy thread

Chat about anything football related here!
IronsForever

Re: interesting thought about the youth players

Postby IronsForever » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:31 pm

Taansend wrote:
IronsForever wrote:
Taansend wrote:
He grew up in a family of footballers. He wants to be a footballer. To suggest that he's worried about playing a few more games at four times his current pay is very very naive.

He might not play to his best because of nerves or inexperience but to suggest he's thinking like an accountant is madness. MADNESS. UTTER MADNESS.

Well you are just slight exaggerating i am genuinely amused. Trust me when he walks out on that pitch the money he will now be getting will make him not want to make a mistake rather than expressing himself I hope he starts against Newcastle and you will see what i am getting at.If he establishes himself then YES the money wont be a factor but for now, in my opinion its a big factor.
Does that also apply to Sakho ? i am genuinely amused

I doubt if Sakho is worrying about Quina's wages but he's a strange one so who knows.

I think Sakho's wife or girlfriend reminds him constantly what the bigger players are getting.. I do like Quina but for me Tans he has no future in a west ham shirt . If he goes to a bigger club like Liverpool he has a decent chance of fulfilling his potential but not here.He will never be let off the lead here.
Moyes had him in a semi defensive midfield role against Arsenal. Come on!! This lad needs to run at players not chasing a dead ball around for 90 mins passing it sideways. Its a waste! Give the lad a chance or let him go and chase his dream elsewhere!!
1 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Taansend

Re: interesting thought about the youth players

Postby Taansend » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:49 pm

IronsForever wrote:
Taansend wrote:
IronsForever wrote:
Well you are just slight exaggerating i am genuinely amused. Trust me when he walks out on that pitch the money he will now be getting will make him not want to make a mistake rather than expressing himself I hope he starts against Newcastle and you will see what i am getting at.If he establishes himself then YES the money wont be a factor but for now, in my opinion its a big factor.
Does that also apply to Sakho ? i am genuinely amused

I doubt if Sakho is worrying about Quina's wages but he's a strange one so who knows.

I think Sakho's wife or girlfriend reminds him constantly what the bigger players are getting.. I do like Quina but for me Tans he has no future in a west ham shirt . If he goes to a bigger club like Liverpool he has a decent chance of fulfilling his potential but not here.He will never be let off the lead here.
Moyes had him in a semi defensive midfield role against Arsenal. Come on!! This lad needs to run at players not chasing a dead ball around for 90 mins passing it sideways. Its a waste! Give the lad a chance or let him go and chase his dream elsewhere!!

This I agree with. I see him playing between midfield and upfront
0 x

teddybard

Stream for U23

Postby teddybard » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:59 pm

Anyone got one for tonight??
0 x
whufc_crest
IF it's true that we are here to help others,
what are the others doing here??

shakeass “Congratulations.....You’ve been shafted by the Dildo brothers” kickimmuts

Gonzo

Re: Stream for U23

Postby Gonzo » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:28 pm

There wasn't one as far as I'm aware Ted mate
0 x

Clayton

Postby Clayton » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:33 pm

Ended 0-0 it seems , Byram got a run out and was taken off in the 62nd minute , by all accounts Leicester had 3 1st teamers in there line up Robert Huth, Ahmed Musa and Adrien Silva.
0 x

Baddowhammer

Postby Baddowhammer » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:58 pm

Good result for the youngsters, takes them to fourth battling the Arse for third. COYI
0 x

Вест Хам

Academy thread

Postby Вест Хам » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:17 am

This is a thread, if there isn't already one, to discuss the future of West Ham. The Hammers' academy is considered one of the best in the world. Been a while since we seen a world-class graduate makes waves. But there's always a good crop to latch onto.

I think the Norwegian chap Martin Samuelsen has some potential. He hasn't seen the light of day. 4 different loan stints and likely 1 more away from losing him.
0 x

Whiskyman

Re: Academy thread

Postby Whiskyman » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:42 am

Вест Хам wrote: The Hammers' academy is considered one of the best in the world.

It used to be considered one of the best in the world but not any more mate. Declan Rice is the only academy graduate since Tomkins who looks as if he might make a good career as a PL footballer. Unfortunately in true West Ham fashion we have been left behind by many other clubs when it comes to training facilities for kids starting out on a football career. There are still many talented kids playing football in London and the Home Counties, never mind everywhere else, but if you were a parent looking at somewhere for your kid to learn about the game sadly once you had seen the facilities at other London clubs you wouldn't want them to go to West Ham. Which imo is a sad state of affairs.
0 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

LeeWHU88

Re: Academy thread

Postby LeeWHU88 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:35 pm

Spot on Whisky, a very poor set up we have these days, you only have to look a the Shrewsbury games to see how far away our youth players are from being good enough,Rice aside, none of the rest look that much good.
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”