The merged U23’s/Academy thread

Chat about anything football related here!
IronsForever

The merged U23’s/Academy thread

Postby IronsForever » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:46 pm

Watching Quina got me thinking along these lines.
We have a youth player suddenly given his dream start for the first team. He now gets 4 times for that game ( cash) than he did for the under 23's. Does that player say to himself... Right no mistakes!! defend strongly and keep on the move and show the boss i am prepared to work for the team and maybe i can get a few more bumper payouts soon??, because thats the impression i saw. But then we had a youth player called Nelson come on for Arsenal who played without fear of losing the ball and tried to create things. Now him and Quina i believe are similar so here we have one playing for Moyes and the other for Wenger. One player( Quina) scared to play for most parts and the other ( Nelson) loving every minute on that pitch. I doubt we will be able to play much youth this season given our league position but Nelson will deffo get a chance on what i saw from him last night. Nelson i think is the same age but he was double the size of Quina.
Before anyone says Nelson is a forward , Wenger had him playing just in front of the Mid which is where Quina plays.. I would give Quina another chance at home because it was unfair to put him in a team that is going to sit back and chase the ball seeing he is so lightweight. Maybe Samuelson would have been a better choice for last nights game
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Porterman

Re: interesting thought about the youth players

Postby Porterman » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:44 pm

Why was he getting " 4 times the amount" ?!
0 x

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:48 pm

I heard he was a boy playing in a mans game . And it showed apparently.
0 x

IronsForever

Postby IronsForever » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:44 am

Porterman wrote:Why was he getting " 4 times the amount" ?!

Usually the youth players get a nice appearance payout for starting for the first team. I am presuming it would be around 4 grand and also presuming he is on around a grand a week. So 4 times what he normally gets is a rough guess.
0 x

Porterman

Postby Porterman » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:55 am

IronsForever wrote:
Porterman wrote:Why was he getting " 4 times the amount" ?!

Usually the youth players get a nice appearance payout for starting for the first team. I am presuming it would be around 4 grand and also presuming he is on around a grand a week. So 4 times what he normally gets is a rough guess.

So you think he was only going to try hard for the money?
0 x

Ibbyham

Postby Ibbyham » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:52 am

Hope Martinez, Quina and Hab will be involved in the fA Cup 3rd round at Shrewsbury. They will need to show their worth.
0 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:47 am

IronsForever wrote:Watching Quina got me thinking along these lines.
We have a youth player suddenly given his dream start for the first team. He now gets 4 times for that game ( cash) than he did for the under 23's. Does that player say to himself... Right no mistakes!! defend strongly and keep on the move and show the boss i am prepared to work for the team and maybe i can get a few more bumper payouts soon??, because thats the impression i saw. But then we had a youth player called Nelson come on for Arsenal who played without fear of losing the ball and tried to create things. Now him and Quina i believe are similar so here we have one playing for Moyes and the other for Wenger. One player( Quina) scared to play for most parts and the other ( Nelson) loving every minute on that pitch. I doubt we will be able to play much youth this season given our league position but Nelson will deffo get a chance on what i saw from him last night. Nelson i think is the same age but he was double the size of Quina.
Before anyone says Nelson is a forward , Wenger had him playing just in front of the Mid which is where Quina plays.. I would give Quina another chance at home because it was unfair to put him in a team that is going to sit back and chase the ball seeing he is so lightweight. Maybe Samuelson would have been a better choice for last nights game

Or could it just possibly be that Reiss Nelson, who has already featured once or twice for Arsenal's cup teams, is simply a better player, more at home in that company ?
0 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

IronsForever

Postby IronsForever » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:49 am

Whiskyman wrote:
IronsForever wrote:Watching Quina got me thinking along these lines.

Or could it just possibly be that Reiss Nelson, who has already featured once or twice for Arsenal's cup teams, is simply a better player, more at home in that company ?

More at home in that company is a good way of putting it.
0 x

grandad

Postby grandad » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:01 am

Newmarket wrote:I heard he was a boy playing in a mans game . And it showed apparently.

Another like Martinez and Samuelson and few others not good enough at moment. If they are good enough managers pick them to play regular not the odd cup games.
0 x
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

Dagger

Postby Dagger » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:19 am

agree

if joe cole was in our youth set up well he would not be as he would be playing

hope I'm wrong about that as I really want Martinez to be the real deal
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”