David Moyes system

Chat about anything football related here!
IronsForever

Re: David Moyes system

Postby IronsForever » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:49 pm

Porterman wrote:
Newmarket wrote:I don’t think he has a system as such .

Just organise the defence to hold a line with a bank of midfielders just in front of that .
Don’t concede at all costs .

If we can nick a lead to hold onto that’s a bonus but not a necessity .

Then hope for the best .

Way,way,way off the mark!!!

3 at the back and midfielders who can try and protect it (as it should be).

Wingback who are good going forward but are also willing to do the hard miles and are decent defensively with a passer up ahead supporting a CF who is decent in the air,with both feet and has a bit of pace and power (see Arnie).

I would bet any money him (and his team) have identified strengthening the holding midfielder role, more cover at RWB and some genuine width for changing to 4-4-2 at times.

Un-beaten in 8 games says it all!! Improved form of Noble, Arnie and Center defense. Thats a backbone right there. Change in position for Masuaku. Lanzini playing higher up today ready for a counter with Arnie and the closest Midfielder.Kouyate was way up the pitch from the kick off to get that header onto Arnie from the 2nd half whistle. Today Moyes got it spot on and the players played a great game!
In this league to score 4 goals away at Hudders who have only lost to top 4 teams , without a recognized striker has to be applauded. Might not work next week but today it did and we are up to 11th. Who would have thought that 3 months back?
2 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

ZP Hammer

Postby ZP Hammer » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:46 am

Listening to some people David Moyes style is set to be the new West Ham Way.
Groan...... :(
0 x

IronsForever

Postby IronsForever » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:41 am

Moyes would never have signed Ayew. or Chico .We are never going to get the best from either because we play from deep. Moyes would go for a quicker player up top to hit on the break. lets face it what pace have we got in this side apart from our 2 best players? He has done a miracle with the players he has inherited so far.
2 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Clayton

Postby Clayton » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:01 am

I for one am quite happy with what Moyes has done to the team as far as attitude , fitness and organization goes . Things take time to get sorted especially the state we were in , he had to get to know the players , their strengths etc . All managers have their own views on how the game should be played , so he has to create that team from what we have , and if we dont have it , create that player or bring players in , will our owners give him the cash to do it , we will have to see . They did allow Bilic or someone to break our transfer record twice with Ayew/Arnie so you never know .
1 x

Noni

Postby Noni » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:13 pm

Have to confess, was not sure about David Moyes at the start, but reading his stats, he looks very good!... ;) :)

He may even make us quite a superior team soon, would be nice to be looking at the top half of the table, maybe next year... :roll: :D ..... A few more wins and those below us losing could see us safe this season. ;) 200 goal wins for clubs is quite a nice stat on your resume (CV)...
0 x

h69

Postby h69 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:34 am

The press were slaughtering Mourinho for playing football that was 10 years out of date.....they said that the wingback is the most important position on the field now.

Moyes has seemed to adapt over the years and reads the game well.

3 at the back, two wingbacks who can beat a man, defensive midfielders in front of the back four, creative player in the hole behind a forward with the ability to hold onto the ball and beat defenders.

I would keep Obiang as he has energy but bin Kouyate now as he is not good enough. If we were to upgrade Kouyate to a player that can win the ball, keep possession and pick out a pass and then get some pace to eventually replace Noble we will be in good shape.

Get rid of Hernandez and Sakho.....get a quick young forward from the championship as a backup and use Carroll as an impact sub.

Collins in the back 3 makes a big difference....I think he is playing better than Reid asnd we look better with him in the side. I fully expect young Declan to become a regular though once Ginge's body gives up. Zaba is awesome but we will need to get someone to replace him in the next two windows.

I heard that if we had picked up points like we have in the last 8 games all season we would be in the top 4.
0 x

mkhammer

Postby mkhammer » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:14 am

When you listen to him speak,I like what he says...
But he views it very much as a work in progress....so we won't know really to the end of
the season...or even start of next season,if he can't get any of the players he wants in during this
window,which is very likely after the rubbish that Brady came out with recently,appears his hands
might be tied on that matter.

I do Bloody wish they would let the MANAGER run the football,if he wants to spend big now let him....
And if he wants to unload let him..

Get the feeling he sees the Potential we have.....Something our Owners/Board members are
Blind to,it appears.....Going on what I've seen so far anyway..
0 x

LondonWelsh

Postby LondonWelsh » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:34 am

I'm sure I saw some ticky tacka triangles against the terriers on Saturday. Moyes must have an ever evolving system full of D-fence and tick-tack.
0 x

Baddowhammer

Postby Baddowhammer » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:46 am

He was manager of a big club where he spent 11 productive years this yields the best clues to what system and kind of players he likes,not many managers last that long to implement a long term plan.But then his mistake was taking over an ageing manure that had been neglected at youth level as well. If he gets us to where he got Everton I'd be happy. COYI
1 x

Noni

Postby Noni » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:08 pm

LondonWelsh wrote:I'm sure I saw some ticky tacka triangles against the terriers on Saturday. Moyes must have an ever evolving system full of D-fence and tick-tack.

That reminded me of a song from Weeds TV series... :D
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”