Anoutovic and Lanzini

Chat about anything football related here!
Gonzo

Re: Anoutovic and Lanzini

Postby Gonzo » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:57 pm

Decide for yourselves.

I thought the two players combined very well indeed as could be seen from Lanzini's initial run in the first half where he passed to Arnie in the box. I do believe that the team will look much improved if we can bring in a midfielder who is technically better than what we have.

I can't quite shift the thought that Lanzini was auditioning with Liverpool in mind.
1 x

dagenhamdave

Postby dagenhamdave » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:58 pm

Immense.
0 x

punkrockhammer

Postby punkrockhammer » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:30 pm

Gonzo wrote:Decide for yourselves.

I thought the two players combined very well indeed as could be seen from Lanzini's initial run in the first half where he passed to Arnie in the box. I do believe that the team will look much improved if we can bring in a midfielder who is technically better than what we have.

I can't quite shift the thought that Lanzini was auditioning with Liverpool in mind.

Lanzini is nowhere near the level to replace Coutinho

I think that’s a non story
0 x

h69

Postby h69 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:41 pm

punkrockhammer wrote:
Gonzo wrote:Decide for yourselves.

I thought the two players combined very well indeed as could be seen from Lanzini's initial run in the first half where he passed to Arnie in the box. I do believe that the team will look much improved if we can bring in a midfielder who is technically better than what we have.8

Lanzini is nowhere near the level to replace Coutinho

I think that’s a non story

Spot on......i imagine if it was an audition he would have failed because in the first half his passing was awful. Nowhere near good enough for Liverpool.

Second half he was much better but let's face it, Marko set up 3 goals, scored a fourth and completely dominated the game. Just like at Stoke he bullied them into submission.

So much for defensive performances and dullness 3-0 win at Stoke, 4-1 at Huddersfield and a draw at Spurs (who just stuffed Everton 4-0).

11th in the table which is a lot better than the mess that Bilic left us in.

I have to say though that we look better at the back when Collins is there instead of Reid.
0 x

Porterman

Postby Porterman » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:58 pm

DiCanio wrote:Watched the interview after the game with Marco. I get the impression that there is an issue between them. The look on his face when Lanzini got his second goal and the fact that Manu went to celebrate with Cresswell says something. We don't need individual agenda's at the moment. Whether they like each other is of no consequence to us supporters. They are paid to be part of a team. Maybe and hopefully I am reading to much into what I have seen.

Can hate the fucking site of each other as long as they do WHATS RIGHT FOR THE TEAM and produce like today.
0 x

Broga81

Postby Broga81 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:06 pm

To be fair I’d be annoyed with Lanzini if I was Arnie.

Just before Lanzini scored he had a chance to square it to Arnie and instead took the shot. So Arnie could’ve had the 2 goals instead of Lanzini.

Personally don’t care as long as they are professional and keep scoring and creating chances for each other and the rest of the boys.
0 x

Castiron

Postby Castiron » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:21 pm

Huddersfield weren't great, but those two destroyed them today. Fucking excellent. As said by someone, with another creative midfielder we could be very decent going forward.
0 x

Shortshanks

Postby Shortshanks » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:48 pm

Who was it who said Lanzini is "shite" lol
0 x

deanox

Postby deanox » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:03 pm

All I saw was a proper bit of banter from Arnie, nothing to panic about
4 x
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

Dwayne Pipes

Postby Dwayne Pipes » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:08 pm

Some people love to shit stir over nothing ,for what it’s worth they both had a hug after full time .
2 x

Return to “Football Talk”