Allardyce v Moyes.

Chat about anything football related here!
Gonzo

Re: Allardyce v Moyes.

Postby Gonzo » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:58 pm

Allardyce managed to convince may outside of West Ham that he was harshly treated but his last six months were awful.

He actually went on a run that was our third worst in 80 years so clearly his tactics were not working. Whilst I do find Moyes tactics frustrating a lot of the time it's clearly worked because we've moved up the table. Neither man is Johan Cruyff but one certainly seems to be more effective.

It's also worth noting that Allardyce has just spent more money on a player than at any time during his career and Everton's best result under his brief tenure was actually when Unsworth got to lead and select the team.
0 x

Mikeveep

Postby Mikeveep » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:56 pm

Really find it difficult to give an answer to this kind of poser.

Too many variables.

Quality of squad inherited.....Money available .....Board directions.

Both pragmatic, guys who will respect the point.

Haven't seen an obvious weakness in Moyes yet,

Whereas Sam seemed to have an inability to build a decent attacking unit,reluctant to spend on a Lanzini,Payet luxury type attacking midfielder who couldnt get a decent tackle in.He dabbled...Joe Cole,Benayoun,Jarvis, without success.Subsequently starving a whole raft of strikers of any kind of service.The exceptions,the limited success he had was when Downing and Song had an occasional purple patch.
0 x

terrya1965

Postby terrya1965 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:00 pm

JayK wrote:Allardyce is a big egotistical wanker. Nuff said

Had to crack up this morning when someone said on 5Live,he`d stabilised Everton....REALLY...They haven`t won in the last 6 games and have scored 2 goals. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x

dorsetdano

Postby dorsetdano » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:21 pm

I wasn't a fan of his appointment, but I never thought he was going to be as bad or as boring as Allardyce. When he was at Everton they were an irritating team, mainly because they always seem to beat us; but they blooded loads of youngsters under his management and he had a knack of finding really good attacking full backs and nearly always had a forward pinging in 15+ goals a season.

Whilst we can't expect to continue beating teams regularly by three goals (especially away from home), that was a real rarity under the Dudley Dinosaur, because whenever we went one up, he would invariably look to protect the three points by taking off attackers and bringing on defenders or defensive midfielders (Hull at home when they were down to ten men being a classic example; which led to the cupped ear incident)!

Moyes was unlucky at Man United, he inherited a declining side and they invested virtually nothing in the transfer window when he arrived as they changed chief executive at the same time that fergie left. What he clearly was unable to do there was manage a multitude of big egos. Fortunately we don't have that many ego's that we want to keep and he certainly appears to be getting a tune out of Marko. The real test will come when Marko does something stupid, like the elbow versus Southampton.

Anyway I would seriously consider never going to a Irons game again if the board ever reappointed BFS and am really looking forward to next weeks game v Bournemouth.
1 x

JayK

Postby JayK » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:17 pm

terrya1965 wrote:

Had to crack up this morning when someone said on 5Live,he`d stabilised Everton....REALLY...They haven`t won in the last 6 games and have scored 2 goals. :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused:

Doing really well aintbthey. I’m proud of his achievements so far :lol:
0 x
COYI!!!

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:46 pm

JayK wrote:
terrya1965 wrote:

Had to crack up this morning when someone said on 5Live,he`d stabilised Everton....REALLY...They haven`t won in the last 6 games and have scored 2 goals. :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused:

Doing really well aintbthey. I’m proud of his achievements so far :i am genuinely amused:

They love him :lol:
2 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

terrya1965

Postby terrya1965 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:25 pm

ToneLoc wrote:
JayK wrote:
terrya1965 wrote:

Doing really well aintbthey. I’m proud of his achievements so far :i am genuinely amused:

They love him :i am genuinely amused:

It was only a matter of time.

Us West Ham fans know him so well.The media seem to suck him off.Only our ex players Ray Houghton and Alvin Martin have spoken the truth about him.He plays negative Football and he can`t do any other way.How can an Everton team,that finished 7th last season,not have a shot on target in 3 out of the 4 games,(2 of them at home).That`s because most haven`t got a clue about him.
0 x

JayK

Postby JayK » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:55 pm

terrya1965 wrote:
ToneLoc wrote:
JayK wrote:

Us West Ham fans know him so well.The media seem to suck him off.Only our ex players Ray Houghton and Alvin Martin have spoken the truth about him.He plays negative Football and he can`t do any other way.How can an Everton team,that finished 7th last season,not have a shot on target in 3 out of the 4 games,(2 of them at home).That`s because most haven`t got a clue about him.

To be fair, he managed to turn it around for Blunderland and Palarse but he’s still an egotistical shitcunt of the highest order.
0 x
COYI!!!

BillyDWhizz

Postby BillyDWhizz » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:06 pm

JayK wrote:
terrya1965 wrote:
ToneLoc wrote:Image

To be fair, he managed to turn it around for Blunderland and Palarse but he’s still an egotistical shitcunt of the highest order.

I may have a small wager on him being binned and picked up by Stoke before the end of January. If a club and a manager ever deserve each other it's those two.
0 x
I hate it when people don't know the difference between "your" and "you're". There so stupid.

JayK

Postby JayK » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:15 pm

BillyDWhizz wrote:
JayK wrote:
terrya1965 wrote:

I may have a small wager on him being binned and picked up by Stoke before the end of January. If a club and a manager ever deserve each other it's those two.

That would be lovely. A match made in heaven and nobody seems to want that job. Lovely
0 x
COYI!!!

Return to “Football Talk”