Karren Brady: We are no Barcelona just yet

Chat about anything football related here!
IronsForever

Karren Brady: We are no Barcelona just yet

Postby IronsForever » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:47 am

Karren Brady has got her excuses in early by questioning the value in January transfer window and suggested that it better to spend big money at the end of the season and not in the middle of it. She has told of the challenges of attracting high caliber players to West Ham saying the Hammers will have to delay being a club like Barcelona for now.

Writing in her football diary Brady says about the winter transfer window “At this time, I’ve learnt from experience that you can’t rely on what you buy — even for £20m. Sometimes you’re lucky, but often not.

Speaking about the Coutinho move to Barcelona she said

“Frankly, it’s better to spend much more knowing for certain that what you’re buying are the proper goods — in dodgy jeans or not — at the end of the season, rather than in the middle of it.”

“Liverpool’s American owners will decide whether Jurgen Klopp can spend the Coutinho cache, which will be paid £106m up front with add-ons to come. Would I tell him to spend the lot? Yes, I would, and so would West Ham’s owners. We believe that players are the starters, main course and dessert of any club that plans to serve its supporters well.”

“One problem for a team in our position is that to attract the highest-calibre players, we need the promise of big things to come.

It’s a promise we intend to keep — but, for today, we shall have to delay being Barcelona.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

tassiehammer

Re: Karren Brady: We are no Barcelona just yet

Postby tassiehammer » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:00 am

But she is one of the main instigators of promising big things coming! :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: .
Oh well looks like we'll be Barcelona tomorrow then and make do with being another Birmingham today.
2 x

eskimo joe

Postby eskimo joe » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:30 am

Yep tassle, its their money pinching and cheap manner in how they do things that have rubbed off any lustre this club had. Now its time for some elbow grease to regain the shine.

As far as I'm concerned she's just spouting hot air the old wind bag. Any chance they got to spend big they crawled behind a rock and fired off excuses. And don't forget Brady, without the players we wouldn't exist so do away with your bullshit rhetoric! It means and achieves nothing.
2 x
God is playing a game of hide and seek with dire consequences.....Count me out!

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:39 am

eskimo joe wrote:Any chance they got to spend big they crawled behind a rock and fired off excuses.

Very nicely put . Sums these cunts up nicely I think.
2 x

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:52 am

My god this woman is so full of shit it’s beyond laughable :i am genuinely amused:
1 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

Dwayne Pipes

Postby Dwayne Pipes » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:04 am

Why can’t this fucking dopey bint keep her fucking mouth shut spouting bollocks all the fucking time.
2 x

Baddowhammer

Postby Baddowhammer » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:41 am

Brady having a column in a national paper should have its advantages, instead she has made us a national laughing stock. COYI
1 x

Hammerwell2008

Postby Hammerwell2008 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:03 pm

Would I tell him to spend the lot? Yes, I would, and so would West Ham’s owners. We believe that players are the starters, main course and dessert of any club that plans to serve its supporters well.”

Oh that's strange , what happened to the Payet money then , not to mention the sale of the old ground , also lets not forget we have now doubled our ticket sales while only paying a few million per season in rent . I guess come the end of the season we will be spending like Citeh then ? :o

For intelligent and opinionated people I do wish they'd learn to shut their mouths ....... whufc_crest
0 x

JayK

Postby JayK » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:12 pm

Fuck off Brady
0 x
COYI!!!

Brookbonds73

Postby Brookbonds73 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:07 pm

I would.
1 x