Tony Henry FFS

Chat about anything football related here!
IndianHammer

Tony Henry FFS

Post by IndianHammer » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:02 am

Tony Henry going out there saying we have a policy of not signing African players and that the board agree with it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/art ... tment.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.claretandhugh.info/west-ham- ... ng-policy/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

First and foremost, if it is true then this is disgusting, inexcusable and needs to be thoroughly investigated. What would the African players remaining at the club think of this and would any more promising players even consider our club. Why can't these lot just shut their gobshit up, we seem to be the only club that consistently has a PR disaster. This guy needs to go and take the Board with him. Absolute clowns.
0 x

andyginbrasil

Re: Tony Henry FFS

Post by andyginbrasil » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:14 am

Actions speak louder than words, do West Ham look like they have a transfer policy against African / coloured players? I'm going to take it all with a pinch of salt until proved otherwise? Maybe someone is just trying to stir things up. But you are welcome to take the board by all means.
0 x

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:22 am

Explains why Sakho, Ayew & Kouyate have the hump
0 x

IndianHammer

Post by IndianHammer » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:31 am

andyginbrasil wrote:Actions speak louder than words, do West Ham look like they have a transfer policy against African / coloured players? I'm going to take it all with a pinch of salt until proved otherwise? Maybe someone is just trying to stir things up. But you are welcome to take the board by all means.
Maybe not in general mate but seems like this transfer window, we just sold 2 African players and he says "if palace take them good luck" which is obviously the CM from Lille. Again I hope it's not true but from the outside it don't look good plus the press jumps on this sort of things.
0 x

hammerwell75

Post by hammerwell75 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:12 am

Funny how no ones picking up on the Russian comments nor the Italian ones ? Sakho and his agent having a pop at the club if anything . As it's been said , ''As if it looks like we have a transfer policy against African players'' , goodpost:) ( btw )

He seemed adamant that someone has been mixing it at the club , all that with the form and attitude some players have shown at the club lately I wouldn't be surprised he was right . Maybe Sakho wad a complete (unt and that would explain Antonios poor attitude this season , lets see if it changes now . A few have been saying Kouyate has dipped in form too , again could this be possible especially as the email was only recently leaked ......

Lets not forget the dismissal transfer window we just had and not get too carried away with this.... :D
0 x

Far West Hammer

Post by Far West Hammer » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:19 am

Well, on the one hand, it is literally his job to discriminate. On the other hand, his reasoning doesn't stand up to even the most gentle scrutiny. I think he's heading for the sack. The board won't stand up for him even if they agree with him. Only the owners are allowed to say indefensibly stupid things at our club, FFS.
0 x

punkrockhammer

Post by punkrockhammer » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:49 am

Anything that puts the squeeze on and helps get these cunts out is welcome
0 x

bighammerfan

Post by bighammerfan » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:17 am

According to the fine daily rag that has leaked the email (The Daily Mail) it was written and sent on January 27th. Looks like Mr.Henry will have to go, pushed or otherwise and the PR team at West Ham will be earning their crust for the next few days.
0 x

Hammershark

Post by Hammershark » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:43 am

If this is true it would seem we are are now the London stadium comedy club ffs.
Also I’m not sure if itheir policy is to not sign African players... it would seem their policy has become to not sign any bloody players !
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:48 am

andyginbrasil wrote:Actions speak louder than words, do West Ham look like they have a transfer policy against African / coloured players? I'm going to take it all with a pinch of salt until proved otherwise? Maybe someone is just trying to stir things up. But you are welcome to take the board by all means.
It seems to be fairly well known in some quarters that the dwarf wants West Ham to become a "Little Englander" club. At least people closer to the decision making process than I am have written about such a policy.

But there are very valid reasons for limiting the number of African players. The African Cup of Nations happens every 2 years and it happens during the middle of the season. No one in their right mind would want 5 or 6 squad players disappearing to play in an international tournament every other year.

That said, if Henry said what is being reported he could have chosen his words better.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Social Media