Tony Henry FFS

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Re: Tony Henry FFS

Post by terrya1965 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:23 pm

Looks like it gives Sullivan a good reason why we couldn`t sign anyone in the window.I guaranteed this will be used if asked.

Funny how this news was released right at the last hour of the window.Coincidence?I think not.
0 x

hammerwell75

Post by hammerwell75 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:52 pm

palerider wrote:More money saved for the dwarf.

He'll give his sprog the job now.

Or he'll do his usual and not recruit any more players , maybe bringing one of his own in each window (provided they are cheap enough ) :D
0 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:30 pm

terrya1965 wrote:Another victory for the PC correctness.

If a Spanish Director of Football would have said,"We won`t sign English players because they like drinking too much",NOTHING would have even been mentioned,we`d have just laughed at the comment.

Maybe,It wouldn`t have done us no favours in future signings,but for it to be the main Headlines on News is pathetic.Has usual,a mountain is made out of a mole hole.

Another victory for the Snowflake Society.

Can`t see us finding another Director of Football.Mind you I thought we already had one.Sully will be happy,another few quid saved. :roll:
It's the broadness of the accusation, Terry.
You could argue that national stereotypes are bigotry rather than racism, but the silly fucker wrote 'Africans'. He's bang to rights, and has no excuses. And you really can't point the finger at political correctness.
Henry was unbelievably stupid and entirely unprofessional (par for the course at our club these days) putting that statement out there, whether it was in confidence or not.
Bottom line is he well and truly fucked himself on this one.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:44 pm

There are well over 50 African nations - plus territories within the African subcontinent like Reunion where a certain Mr Payet was born, just thought I'd add that bit in. A person from South Africa, Mauritius, Senegal and Algeria are all Africans, yet they are all very different people. To speak about all such people as "Africans" other than geographically is ignorant.

The problem is that by Tony using the term African, whether intentionally or not, carries racist and demeaning connotations.
0 x

Post by 1001 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:55 pm

Newmarket wrote:Let’s not forget , back in the day , Alf Garnett & love thy neighbour we’re actually FUNNY .
No they fucking weren't. :shock:

Go on, while you're at it, tell me how good the Black & White Minstrel Show was too :lol:
0 x
The only West Ham fan in the village...

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:00 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
terrya1965 wrote:Another victory for the PC correctness.

If a Spanish Director of Football would have said,"We won`t sign English players because they like drinking too much",NOTHING would have even been mentioned,we`d have just laughed at the comment.

Maybe,It wouldn`t have done us no favours in future signings,but for it to be the main Headlines on News is pathetic.Has usual,a mountain is made out of a mole hole.

Another victory for the Snowflake Society.

Can`t see us finding another Director of Football.Mind you I thought we already had one.Sully will be happy,another few quid saved. :roll:
You could argue that national stereotypes are bigotry rather than racism, but the silly fucker wrote 'Africans'. He's bang to rights, and has no excuses. And you really can't point the finger at political correctness.
Henry was unbelievably stupid and entirely unprofessional (par for the course at our club these days) putting that statement out there, whether it was in confidence or not.
You can say what you like,it was not a racist comment has the media like to tell you.Tell me where exactly where the racist remark is?

You wouldn`t associate the word "Mayhem" to Africans,would you?I certainly wouldn`t.If he would have said I don`t want to sign any more of the n****rs or black b*******s at this club,that would be totally unexceptionable.

Back to the subject.I am sure Henry and Sullivan would have had a discussion about this and I am wondering if they both agreed that African players caused mayhem?

Makes you wonder.
0 x

Post by 1001 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:11 pm

terrya1965 wrote:
Neville Bartos wrote:
You can say what you like,it was not a racist comment has the media like to tell you.Tell me where exactly where the racist remark is?

You wouldn`t associate the word "Mayhem" to Africans,would you?I certainly wouldn`t.If he would have said I don`t want to sign any more of the n****rs or black b*******s at this club,that would be totally unexceptionable.

Back to the subject.I am sure Henry and Sullivan would have had a discussion about this and I am wondering if they both agreed that African players caused mayhem?

Makes you wonder.
Racism is about more than using the n-word. It's about holding a prejudicial and discriminatory view of someone based on someone's race and the belief that their race is in some way inferior. That includes sweeping, stereotypical value judgements. He might have just meant Sahko. He might not have meant to put it in the way he did. But he's a director of a premier league football club in the 21st century. He should have known better.
0 x

Thames

Post by Thames » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:13 pm

1001 wrote:
Newmarket wrote:Let’s not forget , back in the day , Alf Garnett & love thy neighbour we’re actually FUNNY .

Go on, while you're at it, tell me how good the Black & White Minstrel Show was too :i am genuinely amused:

Oh for fuck sake, here they are, the fucking offended. The black and white minstrels were brilliant, did it offend you, poor love? What part were you offended by you boring hand wringing sap, the white or the black? I'm a fucking honky, a limey, do I care, do I fuck!...fucking poofhouse snowflake!

Fuck standing next to you at Millwall away, you'd be off having a skinny mocca choca with Jeremy.

whufc_crest
Last edited by Thames on Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:16 pm

1001 wrote:
terrya1965 wrote:

Makes you wonder.
Racism is about more than using the n-word. It's about holding a prejudicial and discriminatory view of someone based on someone's race and the belief that their race is in some way inferior. That includes sweeping, stereotypical value judgements. He might have just meant Sahko. He might not have meant to put it in the way he did. But he's a director of a premier league football club in the 21st century. He should have known better.
I agree he was wrong in what he said and if he would have stayed,that would have probably had an effect on transfers involving African players,no doubt.So he had to go.

But Tony Henry,a racist,nah.
0 x

Post by 1001 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:19 pm

Thames wrote:
1001 wrote:

Go on, while you're at it, tell me how good the Black & White Minstrel Show was too :i am genuinely amused:

Oh for fuck sake, here they are, the fucking offended. The black and white minstrel were brilliant, did it offend you, poor love? What part offended you sap?, the white or the black? I'm a fucking honky, a limey, do I care, do I fuck!...fucking poofhouse snowflake!
Oh look, it's Angry White Guy standing up for his shitty bit of Little Britain. Yeah, you tell 'em son. Don't want the darkies to get too fucking uppity, do we?
0 x

Social Media