Tony Henry FFS

Chat about anything football related here!

Re: Tony Henry FFS

Post by 1001 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:08 pm

Newmarket wrote:
1001 wrote:
No they fucking weren't. :shock:

Go on, while you're at it, tell me how good the Black & White Minstrel Show was too :i am genuinely amused:
The Black and White Minstrel Show was good too ....

Every Saturday night , top of the ratings . 18 million people can’t be wrong .
Loads of people liked Jim'l Fix It as well. :lol:
0 x
The only West Ham fan in the village...

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:13 pm

And the Cosby show :shock:
0 x

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:32 pm

Brookbonds73 wrote:I love the bit on the official statement that says. "We, the West Ham family" :i am genuinely amused:

Listen up, you dwarf cunt, you're not wanted, get the fuck away from West Ham and take slag features and dribble bollocks with you.

I feel much better now.
I don't think we can use that word "dwarf" any more, to be pc according to the West ham statement so now he has to be called " the vertically challenged " cunt
0 x

Post by 1001 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:40 pm

goodpost:) goodpost:) Priceless :lol:
0 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:49 pm

Fucking hell, this thread went off pretty sharpish. :D
On the subject of Alf Garnett, wasn't he written as a parody of the 'little Englander' mentality?
I'm pretty certain both Johnny Speight and Warren Mitchell are on record saying as much.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Post by 1001 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:58 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:Fucking hell, this thread went off pretty sharpish. :D
On the subject of Alf Garnett, wasn't he written as a parody of the 'little Englander' mentality?
I'm pretty certain both Johnny Speight and Warren Mitchell are on record saying as much.
That's right. Trouble was, a large part of the show's fan base didn't see it that way.
(*Looks nervously around for any mad Daily Express readers of a certain age*)
0 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:12 am

terrya1965 wrote:
You can say what you like,it was not a racist comment has the media like to tell you.Tell me where exactly where the racist remark is?

You wouldn`t associate the word "Mayhem" to Africans,would you?I certainly wouldn`t.If he would have said I don`t want to sign any more of the n****rs or black b*******s at this club,that would be totally unexceptionable.

Back to the subject.I am sure Henry and Sullivan would have had a discussion about this and I am wondering if they both agreed that African players caused mayhem?

Makes you wonder.
You could argue the man isn't racist, but not the comment. A negative stereotype aimed at any cultural, ethnic, or regional subset of the human race can be defined as racism. Doubly so if that negative stereotype is dictating employment practices.

Unfortunately for Henry he used his (clearly bad) experience of a few African players, to justify a policy that was prejudicial against all African players. What he's doing is conflating race/culture with anti-social behaviour -- or mayhem as he terms it. That is racism.

I think Sullivan's too slippery to get caught out putting his name to that policy. You'd imagine Henry got a green light from higher up, but only he knows how much, or little, the likes of Sullivan knew.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:07 am

Neville Bartos wrote:
terrya1965 wrote:
You can say what you like,it was not a racist comment has the media like to tell you.Tell me where exactly where the racist remark is?

You wouldn`t associate the word "Mayhem" to Africans,would you?I certainly wouldn`t.If he would have said I don`t want to sign any more of the n****rs or black b*******s at this club,that would be totally unexceptionable.

Back to the subject.I am sure Henry and Sullivan would have had a discussion about this and I am wondering if they both agreed that African players caused mayhem?

Makes you wonder.
You could argue the man isn't racist, but not the comment. A negative stereotype aimed at any cultural, ethnic, or regional subset of the human race can be defined as racism. Doubly so if that negative stereotype is dictating employment practices.

Unfortunately for Henry he used his (clearly bad) experience of a few African players, to justify a policy that was prejudicial against all African players. What he's doing is conflating race/culture with anti-social behaviour -- or mayhem as he terms it. That is racism.

I think Sullivan's too slippery to get caught out putting his name to that policy. You'd imagine Henry got a green light from higher up, but only he knows how much, or little, the likes of Sullivan knew.
Well I would guess he knew a lot more than he would have the balls to admit, and we know he probably hasn't got any cause his legs are so short abrasion has worn them away.

Can't see why Henry would come out with a policy that wasn't sanctioned in some way by the Stalin wanna be. But I can see Sullivan picking and choosing the actions he wants to be associated with.
0 x
A good person does things in silence, others strive to be seen as good so scream out their deeds.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:19 am

1001 wrote:
Newmarket wrote:Let’s not forget , back in the day , Alf Garnett & love thy neighbour we’re actually FUNNY .
No they fucking weren't. :shock:

Go on, while you're at it, tell me how good the Black & White Minstrel Show was too :i am genuinely amused:
Disagree. The point about Alf Garnett and the white bloke in Love Thy Neighbour (can't remember his name) was that people laughed AT them, not WITH them. And the fact is at that time there were real people just like AG and the other guy.

The less said about the Black & White Minstrel Show the better, however. ;)
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:38 am

Whopping great foot in the mouth moment and forgetting to engage the brain before opening his mouth. Racism? The World's a melting pot now as the song says. West Ham were one of the first clubs to embrace and play coloured, if I'm allowed to use that word, players. Funny thing, well probably not funny as in :lol: was that as more coloured, if I'm allowed to use that word, players got signed up by all and sundry their fans all over the country would throw bananas at opposition players while madly cheering on their own.

But what I really wanted to say before I got carried away was
Director of recruitment? What a job opportunity that would be in a club like ours. What a fucking cushy number that must be. He's probably just lost the easiest job in the whole world.
0 x

Social Media