Real West Ham Fans Action Group: Official Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
whu

Re: Real West Ham Fans : Official Thread (update page 35)

Post by whu » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:21 pm

c+p from elsewhere that would probably address many concerns?

PR business here, clients from SME through to household name corporates. We'd probably do the job for free if they asked. Approaching them ourselves is difficult however, because they already have a hierarchy in place and are quite possibly going to be resistant to being told what to do.

But here's what we'd be advising...

1. If we were working with them we'd insist on only talking to 2 people, 3 at most. Doing anything by committee just leads to too many ideas, and things get muddied. I believe that has already happened in this case.

2. Facebook page needs to be locked down to 'Admin Only Posting' until after the March, and a large number of existing posts need to be deleted. There's no nice way to say this; their page is chock full of horrible misogynistic venom, and frankly, stupidity. It's a PR disaster that plays straight into GSB hands.

3. Message to the press and the outside world needs distilling down to 1 core message and a few easily understood supporting reasons.

Personally I believe the core message that works best from a PR perspective:
"The March is a vote of no confidence in the board, and regime change is the ultimate goal".

The Group can retract from that harsh position in the future, perhaps subject to what the board comes back with, but for now it has the drama and finality that the press will love.

Reasons:

a. Catalogue of lies and broken promises - forget all that they've said, look at what they've actually done. The days of us believing their lies are over.

b. We have exactly the same debt level, but it is now owned by them not the banks, and we now pay a higher rate of interest to them than we would to a bank.

c. Club is no longer run as a football club with the goal of success on the pitch, or even with any consideration for the supporters at all. Today WHUFC is purely run as a business with the sole intention of increasing the wealth of the owners.

4. Finally, they need to consider the counter arguments that GSB will provide to the press, and be clear on their own position on those topics. For example, GSB always trot out the “We Saved the Club from Bankruptcy” line.

Truth is West Ham would never ever have gone bust. A London club, with a loyal fanbase, big home crowds even after relegation, a significant history. Not a chance we would have gone bust.

So their status as Saviours is just another in a very long line of hollow lies.

Summary in a nutshell... The message is clear and simple; Confidence completely lost, no more buying their lies, regime change wanted.

The other things related to memorial gardens and the badge are issues that have to be shelved for another day. For now the primary message has to be clear to everyone, from casual fans, paying supporters, RWHFAG members, supporters of other clubs looking in from the outside, and of course through to the gentlemen of the press.
0 x
Land based game. Pass and move. Simple.
Want a launching? Try NASA or Firework night.
We're West Ham. It's what we want. Now and always. Amen.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:25 pm

whu wrote:c+p from elsewhere that would probably address many concerns?

PR business here, clients from SME through to household name corporates. We'd probably do the job for free if they asked. Approaching them ourselves is difficult however, because they already have a hierarchy in place and are quite possibly going to be resistant to being told what to do.

1. If we were working with them we'd insist on only talking to 2 people, 3 at most. Doing anything by committee just leads to too many ideas, and things get muddied. I believe that has already happened in this case.

2. Facebook page needs to be locked down to 'Admin Only Posting' until after the March, and a large number of existing posts need to be deleted. There's no nice way to say this; their page is chock full of horrible misogynistic venom, and frankly, stupidity. It's a PR disaster that plays straight into GSB hands.

3. Message to the press and the outside world needs distilling down to 1 core message and a few easily understood supporting reasons.

"The March is a vote of no confidence in the board, and regime change is the ultimate goal".

The Group can retract from that harsh position in the future, perhaps subject to what the board comes back with, but for now it has the drama and finality that the press will love.

Reasons:

a. Catalogue of lies and broken promises - forget all that they've said, look at what they've actually done. The days of us believing their lies are over.

b. We have exactly the same debt level, but it is now owned by them not the banks, and we now pay a higher rate of interest to them than we would to a bank.

c. Club is no longer run as a football club with the goal of success on the pitch, or even with any consideration for the supporters at all. Today WHUFC is purely run as a business with the sole intention of increasing the wealth of the owners.

4. Finally, they need to consider the counter arguments that GSB will provide to the press, and be clear on their own position on those topics. For example, GSB always trot out the “We Saved the Club from Bankruptcy” line.

Truth is West Ham would never ever have gone bust. A London club, with a loyal fanbase, big home crowds even after relegation, a significant history. Not a chance we would have gone bust.

Summary in a nutshell... The message is clear and simple; Confidence completely lost, no more buying their lies, regime change wanted.

The other things related to memorial gardens and the badge are issues that have to be shelved for another day. For now the primary message has to be clear to everyone, from casual fans, paying supporters, RWHFAG members, supporters of other clubs looking in from the outside, and of course through to the gentlemen of the press.
Wonderful stuff . Just what I was wishing for .

Now make it happen ;)
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:26 pm

goodpost:) goodpost:) goodpost:)

Well put sir
0 x

whu

Post by whu » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:28 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x
Land based game. Pass and move. Simple.
Want a launching? Try NASA or Firework night.
We're West Ham. It's what we want. Now and always. Amen.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:35 pm

If we have a really positive march and all goes well,It''ll get "Mentioned"10 secs MOTD,few lines in
the odd paper...

Anything goes a little wrong,a car gets shaken,a window gets broke.. It will get "Publicity"
Believe me...
But fully convinced nothing silly will happen,so wont factor,they(Press) can piss off disappointed..

I'm sorry but that's what our press/media do...they have absolutely no interest in positive spins,
they only look for negative stories...
I'm talking bout the Nationals here..Newham Recorder,etc....Hopefully will give us some good press,

And the D.O.F thing,if anyone thinks Mr Sullivan is gonna go Oh OK,fair dues,I''ll step back and
give someone else Carte Blanch over MY(Sullivan) football team,I don't think you know him...
He might surprise us and bring someone in of his personal choosing,I'll leave it there,but suffice
to say he will still call the shots...

To me,what we as fans are saying is we do not want you as a controlling shareholder of OUR
Football Club..

FULL STOP..........

We mustn't lose sight of that..
0 x

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:51 pm

Reasons:

Very good stuff and very much along the lines of what folks have been putting on here.
The conundrum is the FB page. Whilst I agree on the fact that there's a treasure chest of material on there for Sulli's minions to have a field day with....... if that's locked down and people shut out.... you lose your numbers instantly.
It's a difficult balancing act.
I said it before, an angry mob is easier to grow and mobilise than a moderate mob.
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:58 pm

Reasons:

:? Think must of us could have written, and have written similar if I'm honest....
0 x

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:03 pm

Reasons:

Very strong.Coherent.Nicely done
0 x

Whiskyman

Re: Real West Ham Fans : Official Thread (video page 23)

Post by Whiskyman » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:09 pm

BlackDiamond wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:
Hope none of the organisers take that view mate. The media response is key. Get them talking about the real grievances, which imo are the constant porkies about important issues such as retractable seating and how "we've reduced the debt" and there may be some action. But without media coverage, and more particularly support, the reaction will be "who gives a fuck". We may be West Ham supporters but the vast majority couldn't give one about our issues.
Where the owners position is weak is all their past boastful intentions.These are a matter of recorded fact.

Their other massive achilles heel is their neurotic vanity and that might be why concessions are eventually conceded. The guilty are nervous about all things judgemental.
Precisely. Retractable seating was promised. Retractable seating has not been provided. Just one example. I suggested a question to the board along these lines and I stand by the words.

When this board took control of the club various commitments were made regarding the advancement of the club's status. We feel sure the board will agree we have not achieved anything approaching those ambitions and we would welcome the board's comments as to why you believe we have fallen well short of the targets, including a relegation in this board's first full season in control. Furthermore we would like clarification as to whether those advancements remain the board's objective and, if so, what measures are being taken to facilitate turning the ambition into reality.

I reckon that beats bitching about not being able to get a decent beer at half time which I remember wasn't a pleasant experience at Upton Park either.
0 x
I demand answers. And I demand them now. Why is there only one monopolies commission ?

JustLikeMyDreams

Post by JustLikeMyDreams » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:20 pm

I have been reading through the posts on this thread daily.I cannot explain how sad Its made me again tonight,reading how let down most of you feel,how much they have let us down!
Trying too Understand the disappointment in how our club is being run,yet again!Why are we back in this dark place?
Since my first game in 86,unambitious chairman has been par for the course.The Cearns did not invest after 86 when they should have.TB came in as the chairmen and asset stripped our club as much as he could.The Icelantics had grand ideas,but went skint.
The Driscoll's and Marleyn promised us,this time it was going too be different!This time the Chairman wanted the same as us,this time we finally had people who cared.
I sit here now feeling cheated and sorry.All those fears I kept hidden at the back of my mind,as far away from the excitement and anticipation of our majestic move from our beloved home too the promised land.
I remember the last season at Upton Park as a fairy tale!I was so sad we were going,but we were promised it was what was needed.It would move our club too the next level.These caring,West Ham people were going too make our dreams become reality.
I sit here now a season and half into our once celebrated move feeling so sad and cheated into leaving our home with a smile.
As a supporter you usually want your club to get better,to sign better players,to improve.We were promised the move was necessary too help this happen.
Moving has achieved none of the promises and has caused nothing but hurt and pain for too many.Others are angry and frustrated,cheated and demoralised.
I can see now it was all lies.
The reason we moved was obviously too make them rich men richer.Theres no turning back the clock.Upton Park is gone for ever!We have a new home,a home that was meant too be just like our dreams.Unfortunately those dreams have already faded and died for me!I have never felt so far away from it being our home,as I do today.
0 x

Social Media