Liar ... bigger liar... and monster liar Sullivan

Chat about anything football related here!
User avatar
BlackDiamond
Posts: 2447
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:46 pm

Re: Liar ... bigger liar... and monster liar Sullivan

Postby BlackDiamond » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:59 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
grandad wrote:I live few doors away from a Newcastle fan and we often chat about the game.


I pointed out all what the dog cunts said they would do and have actually done


His words were



Fucking hell I thought Ashley was bad.


I would willingly swap Ashley for these clowns. At least he has experience, succesful experience at that.of running a proper business in a competitive environment. Maybe I'm out of line but I don't see making tacky porn movies, founding the Daily Sport or manufacturing cheap see through knickers and assorted inflatable merchandise as proper business.

We might also note, 2nd rate pornographers at that...
0 x

User avatar
JayK
Posts: 5888
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:12 am
Location: Essex

Re: Liar ... bigger liar... and monster liar Sullivan

Postby JayK » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:35 pm

My trappy brother in law (Arsenal fan) tried to claim him and his fellow gooners have it worse than us and their board are worse than ours. Now he’s often got a smart answer but after I bombarded him fact after fact about our board. I never see him speechless before
1 x
Can we get anymore Fubar’d?
COYI!!!

User avatar
Brookbonds73
Posts: 3509
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 2:34 am

Re: Liar ... bigger liar... and monster liar Sullivan

Postby Brookbonds73 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:07 pm

JayK wrote:My trappy brother in law (Arsenal fan) tried to claim him and his fellow gooners have it worse than us and their board are worse than ours. Now he’s often got a smart answer but after I bombarded him fact after fact about our board. I never see him speechless before


They take some fucking beating Jay, don't they.
Fucking shysters of the absolute highest order.
0 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

User avatar
JayK
Posts: 5888
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:12 am
Location: Essex

Re: Liar ... bigger liar... and monster liar Sullivan

Postby JayK » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:16 pm

Brookbonds73 wrote:
JayK wrote:My trappy brother in law (Arsenal fan) tried to claim him and his fellow gooners have it worse than us and their board are worse than ours. Now he’s often got a smart answer but after I bombarded him fact after fact about our board. I never see him speechless before


They take some fucking beating Jay, don't they.
Fucking shysters of the absolute highest order.


Sure do mate. I guess they’re number 1 at something I spose....cunts. I never used to get involved in the politics and the board but this lot you just can’t ignore. I’ll be there on the march mate
0 x
Can we get anymore Fubar’d?
COYI!!!

User avatar
Brookbonds73
Posts: 3509
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 2:34 am

Re: Liar ... bigger liar... and monster liar Sullivan

Postby Brookbonds73 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:38 pm

JayK wrote:
Brookbonds73 wrote:
They take some fucking beating Jay, don't they.
Fucking shysters of the absolute highest order.


Sure do mate. I guess they’re number 1 at something I spose....cunts. I never used to get involved in the politics and the board but this lot you just can’t ignore. I’ll be there on the march mate


Me too mate, I've been offered a ticket, but politely declined. Can't give anymore hard earned to those shitcunts.
0 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

User avatar
JayK
Posts: 5888
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:12 am
Location: Essex

Re: Liar ... bigger liar... and monster liar Sullivan

Postby JayK » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:40 pm

Brookbonds73 wrote:
JayK wrote:
Sure do mate. I guess they’re number 1 at something I spose....cunts. I never used to get involved in the politics and the board but this lot you just can’t ignore. I’ll be there on the march mate


Me too mate, I've been offered a ticket, but politely declined. Can't give anymore hard earned to those shitcunts.


Technically they got the money for that ticket already mate. Go get it and get on the boats :)
1 x
Can we get anymore Fubar’d?
COYI!!!

User avatar
Brookbonds73
Posts: 3509
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 2:34 am

Re: Liar ... bigger liar... and monster liar Sullivan

Postby Brookbonds73 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:53 pm

JayK wrote:
Brookbonds73 wrote:
Me too mate, I've been offered a ticket, but politely declined. Can't give anymore hard earned to those shitcunts.


Technically they got the money for that ticket already mate. Go get it and get on the boats :)


I more than likely will pop on to the boats if I can mate. And have a jar or six. :i am genuinely amused:
1 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

User avatar
BCHammer
Posts: 245
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:23 pm
Location: Vancouver BC

Re: Liar ... bigger liar... and monster liar Sullivan

Postby BCHammer » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:11 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:There were two moments during their 8 odd years where the current owners had the very real opportunity to back up their words.

Firstly, appointing a manager to replace Allardyce. Now we all saw the names mentioned. An innovator in Bielsa, solid, and high end in Mancini, and a man with a track record of winning trophies with an unfashionable team, Emery. Exciting times, eh?

Well, they decided to go with the relatively untested and inexpensive Bilic. Not ambitious by any stretch, but hardly the final nail in the coffin either.

No that nail came off the back of the final season at the Boleyn. Now here was the chance to push on. We had an inspired, creative player pulling the strings, and pretty solid back-up all over the pitch. All we needed, all we really wanted, was a top striker, and maybe a couple of other quality additions to push on again. Much was promised. A marquee signing. Lacazette, Batshuayi, Bacca, and a host of other names were mentioned. The rumours were even more ambitious -- £50m+ for Madrid's James.

All this and we ended up with a dozen non entities, and a loan striker who was on a contract designed for failure.

And that was it. Two moments where talk of ambition could have been made real.
The lies and duplicity have not ceased since.
Remember how moving to the OS would give us the revenue to compete with the top club's?
Now look at Sullivan insisting that revenue is 'only' a few extra million.
Lack of ambition is nothing to us, but the lying, the lying is where we should all draw a line.


goodpost:) goodpost:) goodpost:)

This. My view is that we needed someone 8 years ago and they came in and on the surface did what needed to be done. Not going to repeat what Ive posted elsewhere, but the plan as others have alluded to was absolutely around the stadium. My opinion is they are saving the money now to buy the place at a knock down price, then sell it with the club at market value.

Just for the record, as I am the other side of the world and didnt pay much attention at the time, is there a list of other bidders who were in for the club?
0 x

User avatar
JayK
Posts: 5888
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:12 am
Location: Essex

Re: Liar ... bigger liar... and monster liar Sullivan

Postby JayK » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:01 pm

Brookbonds73 wrote:
JayK wrote:
Technically they got the money for that ticket already mate. Go get it and get on the boats :)


I more than likely will pop on to the boats if I can mate. And have a jar or six. :i am genuinely amused:


Good man!! A couple of the guys are doing boats pre and post but watching the game in the railway I believe. Just no escaping a link to the incredible transport links.
1 x
Can we get anymore Fubar’d?
COYI!!!

User avatar
Neville Bartos
Posts: 1453
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:29 am
Location: Flyyyyyyyyyin'

Re: Liar ... bigger liar... and monster liar Sullivan

Postby Neville Bartos » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:59 pm

BCHammer wrote:
Neville Bartos wrote:There were two moments during their 8 odd years where the current owners had the very real opportunity to back up their words.

Firstly, appointing a manager to replace Allardyce. Now we all saw the names mentioned. An innovator in Bielsa, solid, and high end in Mancini, and a man with a track record of winning trophies with an unfashionable team, Emery. Exciting times, eh?

Well, they decided to go with the relatively untested and inexpensive Bilic. Not ambitious by any stretch, but hardly the final nail in the coffin either.

No that nail came off the back of the final season at the Boleyn. Now here was the chance to push on. We had an inspired, creative player pulling the strings, and pretty solid back-up all over the pitch. All we needed, all we really wanted, was a top striker, and maybe a couple of other quality additions to push on again. Much was promised. A marquee signing. Lacazette, Batshuayi, Bacca, and a host of other names were mentioned. The rumours were even more ambitious -- £50m+ for Madrid's James.

All this and we ended up with a dozen non entities, and a loan striker who was on a contract designed for failure.

And that was it. Two moments where talk of ambition could have been made real.
The lies and duplicity have not ceased since.
Remember how moving to the OS would give us the revenue to compete with the top club's?
Now look at Sullivan insisting that revenue is 'only' a few extra million.
Lack of ambition is nothing to us, but the lying, the lying is where we should all draw a line.


goodpost:) goodpost:) goodpost:)

This. My view is that we needed someone 8 years ago and they came in and on the surface did what needed to be done. Not going to repeat what Ive posted elsewhere, but the plan as others have alluded to was absolutely around the stadium. My opinion is they are saving the money now to buy the place at a knock down price, then sell it with the club at market value.

Just for the record, as I am the other side of the world and didnt pay much attention at the time, is there a list of other bidders who were in for the club?


I know Tony Fernandes was definitely in the frame. I think Massimo Cellino was interested too.
Add in Gold and the dwarf and it's a right fucking rogues gallery. :D
1 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.


Return to “Football Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BlackDiamond, eskimo joe, Hammertime, mkhammer, papawhisky, ToneLoc and 18 guests