Liar ... bigger liar... and monster liar Sullivan

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Liar ... bigger liar... and monster liar Sullivan

Post by Whiskyman » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:17 pm

JayK wrote:
Brookbonds73 wrote:
Me too mate, I've been offered a ticket, but politely declined. Can't give anymore hard earned to those shitcunts.
Technically they got the money for that ticket already mate. Go get it and get on the boats :)
I make Jay right on that one mate. Whoever is offering you the ticket has already contributed to the dwarf's pension scheme so you should feel free to buy it from your mate with a clear conscience.
0 x
I demand answers. And I demand them now. Why is there only one monopolies commission ?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:34 pm

BCHammer wrote:
Just for the record, as I am the other side of the world and didnt pay much attention at the time, is there a list of other bidders who were in for the club?
There won't be a list as such but, as someone has said on the thread, Fernandes was one interested party. There was a group, Intermarket, who had a bid on the table but their efforts derailed soewhat when their chief executive unfortunately dropped dead at a critical time. But the interesting lot who had started doing the due diligence bit sometime after Dwarf & Dribbler PLC had taken pole position, was underwritten buy a guy called Vagit Alekperov who is one of the main, possibly the main, shareholder of the Russian Lukoil Group. There were apparently a few other consortia and, allegedly, one wealthy individual also supposedly keeping an eye on things. But my understanding is that once Straumur realised Dwarf & Dribbler were prepared to meet the price they decided to take the money and run rather than hold fire and see if they could start a bidding war. Which, if true, is why Alekperov's interest never became newsworthy, as a formal bid was never made. However I'm certain it would have been. People and companies don't carry out "due diligence" unless they have a serious interest.

Water under the bridge now of course.
0 x
I demand answers. And I demand them now. Why is there only one monopolies commission ?

Flairon

Post by Flairon » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:07 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Flairon wrote:In fairness at the time they took over we needed them and there is a part of me that remains at least a tad grateful for that.

However, all goodwill has rapidly been eroded with the constant lies and/or misdirection. We are rapidly becoming a lasughing stock and that is not because of the fans now is it!?!
Mate, you are so, so wrong with your first paragraph but you are spot on with your second one.

Let's get it absolutely clear. If the dwarf and the dribbler hadn't bought the club someone else would have. That is an absolute fact. Of course the alternative buyers could have been worse, although many would argue that the present level of unbelievable incompetence would be difficult to replicate, never mind actually surpass, but they could also have proven to be better. Unfortunately we will never know because we are saddled with a pair of egotistical buffoons who treat everyone as having an IQ smaller than their fucking shoe size.
It is not a matter of right or wrong for fucks sake, it is a matter of opinion. At the end of the day we needed them or someone else to buy the club. It is a fact that they did and steadied the ship at a time it was needed. It matters not that someone else could or might have. We needed someone to do so and they did. That is all that I said. There is no hidden message to my opening paragraph. Would it have been more palatable had I said, I remain grateful that someone came in to steady the ship!?!
0 x
Flairon

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:27 pm

Flairon wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:
Mate, you are so, so wrong with your first paragraph but you are spot on with your second one.

Let's get it absolutely clear. If the dwarf and the dribbler hadn't bought the club someone else would have. That is an absolute fact. Of course the alternative buyers could have been worse, although many would argue that the present level of unbelievable incompetence would be difficult to replicate, never mind actually surpass, but they could also have proven to be better. Unfortunately we will never know because we are saddled with a pair of egotistical buffoons who treat everyone as having an IQ smaller than their fucking shoe size.
It is not a matter of right or wrong for fucks sake, it is a matter of opinion. At the end of the day we needed them or someone else to buy the club. It is a fact that they did and steadied the ship at a time it was needed. It matters not that someone else could or might have. We needed someone to do so and they did. That is all that I said. There is no hidden message to my opening paragraph. Would it have been more palatable had I said, I remain grateful that someone came in to steady the ship!?!
Read the first sentence of your original post again before jumping on your high horse. You said we needed them and there is a part of me that remains at least a tad grateful for that..
0 x

Noni

Post by Noni » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:33 pm

Flairon wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:

I agree with you "Flatiron" We have been in the PL for sometime, minus one season, where we bounced back.. The fact is , we are here in the PL, and that's all what matters to me right now .. However, saying that, we need to move forward from here and start winning cups! whufc_crest ... Were they justified at the time, I don't know as owners, but we survived. The fact is, we're are stagnant as a team, is not good for our club and for the players. Promises have been broken and I think it's time to move on.. ;) We are a good club with great pedigree and deserve to be fighting at the top not the bottom. :) whufc_crest
0 x

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:20 pm

Flairon wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:

When the Icelanders went bust,SuGo knew all their Christmas`s had all come up at once.The Olympic Stadium was the Fairy on the top of the tree for them.If there was no Olympics in London 2012,they wouldn`t have come nowhere near us.

There were many parties that wanted West Ham,but they put their money down first and Straumur excepted the first offer.

They knew what they were doing.
0 x

Flairon

Post by Flairon » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:18 am

terrya1965 wrote:
Flairon wrote:
When the Icelanders went bust,SuGo knew all their Christmas`s had all come up at once.The Olympic Stadium was the Fairy on the top of the tree for them.If there was no Olympics in London 2012,they wouldn`t have come nowhere near us.

There were many parties that wanted West Ham,but they put their money down first and Straumur excepted the first offer.

They knew what they were doing.

Well of course they did, much like any businessmen, but that is not the point I was making,
0 x
Flairon

Flairon

Post by Flairon » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:19 am

Noni wrote:
Flairon wrote:
I agree with you "Flatiron" We have been in the PL for sometime, minus one season, where we bounced back.. The fact is , we are here in the PL, and that's all what matters to me right now .. However, saying that, we need to move forward from here and start winning cups! whufc_crest ... Were they justified at the time, I don't know as owners, but we survived. The fact is, we're are stagnant as a team, is not good for our club and for the players. Promises have been broken and I think it's time to move on.. ;) We are a good club with great pedigree and deserve to be fighting at the top not the bottom. :) whufc_crest

Spot on, I could not agree with you more.
0 x
Flairon

Hammersaurus

Post by Hammersaurus » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:40 am

Flairon wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:

Your the only bloke here who thinks these fuckers should get thankyous from us fans. course we need someone to take us over when we was in the shit but not these two cunts. hard to think some people still licking their arses. start your own march supporting the davids and see how many join in.
0 x

Hildreth_1101

Post by Hildreth_1101 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:09 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Flairon wrote:In fairness at the time they took over we needed them and there is a part of me that remains at least a tad grateful for that.

However, all goodwill has rapidly been eroded with the constant lies and/or misdirection. We are rapidly becoming a lasughing stock and that is not because of the fans now is it!?!

I thought Flairiron was spot on, since the UP move we've been fed a constant stream of misdirection and lies, I was mainly concerned when I compared financial reports a few years back to see that DS had loaned us a lot of his own money (fair play) then realised he was charging interest of 6/7% (It's not clear if he actually earns interest on it or not, probably does) - Subordinated their debt to the Bank loans, froze capital repayments and repaid it eventually in 2016, it was around 45 million with 12 million accrued repaid. That's right - Our chairman (and CB Holdings) potentially earned 12 million in interest payments through a loan to the club secured on the clubs assets (I say potentially because I don't know for sure 100% but it sure reads that way). In the event of a default CB Holdings aka the Icelandic owners from the past would have taken over all of the clubs assets and sold them with DS able to claim his funds back so it's riskier for him to invest the loan if the club performed poorly, but this was all 2016, I wonder what 2017 will show - No more shareholder loans though.

But before they came, we were run by much worse people, 100% we were run by clowns who let our manager by any odd journeyman for whatever money - Sort of people who ran the likes of Coventry and Orient into plummet.

Sadly we've got the type of owner who isn't financially irresponsible (big plus) but is this way because they are in it for a profit, and profit only. There is the irresponsible running of a football club type people who are idiots and there is just being greedy and a liar. I'll accept the lesser of the two evils for now, but I am hoping we'll find some new investors and a new board sometime soon.
0 x

Social Media