Sturridge

Chat about anything football related here!
frogiron

Re: Sturridge

Postby frogiron » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:19 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
frogiron wrote:A 28 year old striker with that record, played at Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool.

26 caps and 8 goals in an England shirt.

One of only 6 players to score in his first four games for a club in the Prem.

Yeah, he's not nearly good enough for us.

FFS.

Not a question, at least not for me, whether he is good enough for us but a case of is he worth taking a risk on given his injury record. Not to mention his, alleged, attitude which has been questioned in the past.

Of course if he played to his potential he would obviously be good enough for us. Too good in fact. And that's the rub isn't it ? If he was playing to his potential on a regular basis there is absolutely no way clubs like West Brom and West Ham would be on his radar.

He's playing, or not as the case may now be, for West Brom for a reason. And it has nothing at all to do with his ability.

What risk mate?

I thought he was on loan at WBA?

We pay 20m for Ayew. A striker plying his trade with the less than high flying Swansea whose only advantage appeared to be he was available.

But won't take a proven england striker with a fabulous record on loan? Because it's a risk?

Each time the boy's career has faltered, he has agreed to go out on loan to a lower tier (let's call it what it is) club, in order to prove himself and get game time. Rather than sit in the the stands creaming the cash for nothing.

I think that's a great attitude personally.

But there we are. I'm a softy maybe.
0 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:20 am

frogiron wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:
Not a question, at least not for me, whether he is good enough for us but a case of is he worth taking a risk on given his injury record. Not to mention his, alleged, attitude which has been questioned in the past.

Of course if he played to his potential he would obviously be good enough for us. Too good in fact. And that's the rub isn't it ? If he was playing to his potential on a regular basis there is absolutely no way clubs like West Brom and West Ham would be on his radar.

He's playing, or not as the case may now be, for West Brom for a reason. And it has nothing at all to do with his ability.

What risk mate?

We pay 20m for Ayew. A striker plying his trade with the less than high flying Swansea whose only advantage appeared to be he was available.

But won't take a proven england striker with a fabulous record on loan? Because it's a risk?

Each time the boy's career has faltered, he has agreed to go out on loan to a lower tier (let's call it what it is) club, in order to prove himself and get game time. Rather than sit in the the stands creaming the cash for nothing.

All about opinions but there would be a loan fee plus wages, probably high, to cover and I'd want someone who I felt wouldn't spend much of his time with us in the physio's room. And as we'd already signed Hernandez who is very much in the Sturridge role could we have accommodated them both in the team ?

Oh. And I also think Sturridge is a posturing little cunt btw. I remember that silly little dance he did when he scored for the Scousers in the Europa league final. Posing for the camera. But at the end of the game he was pushing cameras away like a fucking Hollywood diva.

Little bastard. Not that that influences my opinion one bit of course. ;)
0 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

BlackDiamond

Postby BlackDiamond » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:11 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
frogiron wrote:
What risk mate?

All about opinions but there would be a loan fee plus wages, probably high, to cover and I'd want someone who I felt wouldn't spend much of his time with us in the physio's room. And as we'd already signed Hernandez who is very much in the Sturridge role could we have accommodated them both in the team ?

Oh. And I also think Sturridge is a posturing little cunt btw. I remember that silly little dance he did when he scored for the Scousers in the Europa league final. Posing for the camera. But at the end of the game he was pushing cameras away like a fucking Hollywood diva.

A fiercely devout man who believes in his own church. His body is his temple and if he tells someone his hamstrings are slightly tight then who is Jurgen Klopp to make a fuss. Heavy metal football indeed,ja.

When his body functions are completely in sync with his meditative mind he twerks and twinks with the sheer joy of his existence...sometimes in public...
0 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:39 pm

BlackDiamond wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:

A fiercely devout man who believes in his own church. His body is his temple and if he tells someone his hamstrings are slightly tight then who is Jurgen Klopp to make a fuss. Heavy metal football indeed,ja.

When his body functions are completely in sync with his meditative mind he twerks and twinks with the sheer joy of his existence...sometimes in public...

OK OK. He's a posturing devout little cunt. ;)
1 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

jameskel

Postby jameskel » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:11 pm

Good player, but often find himself out wide. We need a greedy goal hanging fucker, for me, Defoe would have been perfect
0 x
Taans can fuck right off

Broga81

Postby Broga81 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:35 pm

We dont need Carroll to have a buddy on the medical table. They would never come back and play haha.
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”