Hugill

Chat about anything football related here!
Hildreth_1101

Re: Hugill

Postby Hildreth_1101 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:37 pm

I'd rather have Hugill as a reserve striker, we got rid of Sakho and Carroll is injured all the time and probably on his way out end of year, so having him in this squad is good, We'd probably rather play Arnie upfront if Hernandez got injured but luckily Chicharito is in good form, Hugill is probably a 3rd option for us, most likely to come off the bench as we chase a game - Moyes gave him 5 minutes as he felt the game was won.

I won't expect to see too much from him this season to be honest, he might force his way into our team when injuries come and they ALWAYS do for us. I am just glad to see Hernandez in form, a striker of his quality will shine when we got the creativity in midfield behind him but he isn't going to hold the ball up or make too many threatening runs outside of the box, he's really just a finisher. Hope we can keep him next season alongside Lanzini / Arnie and Antonio.
0 x

DiCanio

Postby DiCanio » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:39 pm

Give the boy a chance, its a bit early to take the piss. He never had a chance of impressing in 2 minutes. Maybe he never will but whose to say at this time that we haven't unearthed a rough diamond, the next Jamie Vardie? Ok I'm being optimistic but isn't that what supporting our lot is about?
2 x

Shortshanks

Postby Shortshanks » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:15 pm

Hildreth_1101 wrote:So far he's been more threatening than Zaza.

Yeh course he has !! Zaza has scored 16 in 39 La Liga matches which is a top league and Hugill has managed 23 in 100 matches in a league about 3 or 4 levels inferior !! i am genuinely amused
0 x

deanox

Postby deanox » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:38 am

Unless he somehow goes on a scoring run, I think this season he will most certainly be used as an impact sub.
With Lanzini on his way back, Arnie, Antonio and chica I can’t see much use for him other than bringing him on in last 15mins to protect a lead (heading ability on corners and hold up play) ie Carroll’s role.
See what happens at the end of season (depending if we are still in PL) give him some starts in preseason and try to develop him.
0 x
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

Hammertime

Postby Hammertime » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:07 am

deanox wrote:Unless he somehow goes on a scoring run, I think this season he will most certainly be used as an impact sub.
With Lanzini on his way back, Arnie, Antonio and chica I can’t see much use for him other than bringing him on in last 15mins to protect a lead (heading ability on corners and hold up play) ie Carroll’s role.
See what happens at the end of season (depending if we are still in PL) give him some starts in preseason and try to develop him.

Has anyone else given up thinking of Antonio as a striker or is it just me? I don't even like him in a forward role, or any role that takes away his greatest attributes, his speed and strength. He is a classic winger, he should be only played from a mid or wing back role and used in a role to assist the strikers. His final touch is not that of a striker and while he is good at holding the ball up in the opposition half, he seldom picks a good pass when deployed up top. The role Moyes had him in on Saturday is imo his best one and the role of striker would be much better left to Arnie, Hernandez, Lanzini and maybe Hugill ?!
0 x

tassiehammer

Postby tassiehammer » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:34 am

Anyone know what "Get out of my fucking way" sounds like in Austrian?
Thats what he will be getting told every time Arnie cuts inside. :i am genuinely amused:
0 x

thomasswe

Postby thomasswe » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:50 am

Hammertime wrote:
deanox wrote:Unless he somehow goes on a scoring run, I think this season he will most certainly be used as an impact sub.

Has anyone else given up thinking of Antonio as a striker or is it just me? I don't even like him in a forward role, or any role that takes away his greatest attributes, his speed and strength. He is a classic winger, he should be only played from a mid or wing back role and used in a role to assist the strikers. His final touch is not that of a striker and while he is good at holding the ball up in the opposition half, he seldom picks a good pass when deployed up top. The role Moyes had him in on Saturday is imo his best one and the role of striker would be much better left to Arnie, Hernandez, Lanzini and maybe Hugill ?!

He can play as a striker because of his speed, strenght and heading.. but he definalely provides way more value when he is allowed to make runs down a flank. He needs space to work with where he can use his pace.
0 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:56 am

tassiehammer wrote:Anyone know what "Get out of my fucking way" sounds like in Austrian?
Thats what he will be getting told every time Arnie cuts inside. :i am genuinely amused:

I believe it's something like------

1 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

Hammertime

Postby Hammertime » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:55 pm

thomasswe wrote:
Hammertime wrote:

He can play as a striker because of his speed, strenght and heading.. but he definalely provides way more value when he is allowed to make runs down a flank. He needs space to work with where he can use his pace.

I don't disagree with you that he can be used in that role because these attributes, I've just never seen a player use defenders like he does and get so little end product. He's got the touch of an elephant in the box, but outside it can glide past players or just knock them off the ball. The cross he had on Saturday was the perfect end game for him or being the overlap on the back post for a cheeky header, but leading the line and providing a legitimate scoring threat is just not in his locker imho and now we have other players better suited to that role and it's not likely he will be used up there again unless injuries dictate.
0 x

grandad

Postby grandad » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:19 pm

tassiehammer wrote:Anyone know what "Get out of my fucking way" sounds like in Austrian?

Simler to get out of my way in German Stratford me old son.
1 x
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

Return to “Football Talk”