How would you set up with Lanzini and Antonio fit?

Chat about anything football related here!
IronsForever

How would you set up with Lanzini and Antonio fit?

Postby IronsForever » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:31 pm

Cannot work unless we switch to a back 4

......................................................HART..................................................

...ZABBY..................COLLINS..........................OGGY.................CRESS............

.........................NOBLE..................LANZINI.................MARIO.............
.................................ARNIE................................ANTONIO..........................
.............................................CHICO........................................................

Arnie and Antonio would have to help out covering the full backs when defending but that would leave Mario and Lanzini to dominate the middle .
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Whiskyman

Re: How would you set up with Lanzini and Antonio fit?

Postby Whiskyman » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:36 pm

Wouldn't start Antonio. Bloke doesn't seem fit enough to last the whole game, so have him on the bench to bring on as an impact sub if and when needed. Nowhere nearly as indispensable as some think imo.
2 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

thomasswe

Postby thomasswe » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:23 pm

Unlilely we'll have all avaliable and in form at the same time.

Arnie, Hernandez, Lanzini, Mario and Antonio should pretty much select themself is fit and in form.

That leaves us with only one DCM, but Lanzini can operate from that position, which leaves a frontline of Mario and Antonio as winger, Arnie and Hernandez as strikers.

Antonio can also play wingback on either side of a 5back-line, however if Zaba and Masuaku are both avaliable would we really play a player out of position?

But in theory: *theyd run around altering positions

/: the one most in form plays
................Adrian
Zaba Reid Ogbonna Cresswell/Masuaku
........Noble/Kouyate/Obiang...
.............Lanzini...........
Mario...........................Antonio
......Hernandez
.................Arnautovic....

With 5 backs Antonio needs to play WB if you want all of them on the pitch at the same time.. or play without a DCM
0 x

redhammer
Site Admin

Postby redhammer » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:26 pm

I wouldn't start Antonio either but fitting in Mario, Lanzini, Arnautovic and Hernandez is difficult.
0 x

mkhammer

Postby mkhammer » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:26 pm

Really tough when or if we're ever fully loaded but i would prob go with this..
.................................Adrian.............
.........Zabs.........Ginge............Oggy..........Massa......
..............Mario...........Rice..........Nobes.......
.........Antonio.............Arnie............Lanzini..........

Ricey is a ready made Midfield defender for me, be wasted at CB,(Sorry Ginge,but you know what I
mean.. :lol: ).......Cresswell just not cutting for me at the moment,Massa edges it cos of attacking
play.....
To me Kouyate and Obiang,are a lot to blame for some of our sub-standard performances when we
had a fit squad,so I'm dropping them....fight yer way back in guys....

4-3-3 but easily switches to a 4-5-1...if up against it.....Antonio to RWB...Rice to LWB,and
Lanzini to drop into Central Midfield...
Front 3 to me all have pretty much free roles,Mickey switching wings as and when,and other 2
just do what you've been doing......Gutted can't get Hernan in but think Lanzini has to play
and brings a lot more to the game......And swapping Mickey for him..
Hernan/Lanzini/Arnie... :? Doesn't work for me...bit Lightweight IMO..,plus don't have the
option of a 4-5-1..

Been picking a back 3 all year and prefer it,but our best players are mainly attack minded
and have to try and get them in, hard with a 3/5 at the back.

Moyes had it easy so far, teams nearly been picking it self,but done well nonetheless.. :D
Gonna be interesting to see his preferred starters are,when everyone fit.

Think Rice and Mickey will miss out with his 11....Would be Obiang and Wile.E
0 x

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:07 pm

redhammer wrote:I wouldn't start Antonio either but fitting in Mario, Lanzini, Arnautovic and Hernandez is difficult.

You just KNOW Hernandez will get benched
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

andyginbrasil

Postby andyginbrasil » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:50 pm

Newmarket wrote:
redhammer wrote:I wouldn't start Antonio either but fitting in Mario, Lanzini, Arnautovic and Hernandez is difficult.

You just KNOW Hernandez will get benched

Thank fuck we don't have any other strikers available... Hernandez just beginning to show what he can do when he at last, got some service he thrives on...we need him to play alongside Arnie, and fed by Antonio, Lanzini and Super Mario. I know Moyes has a thing about him, but surely he can't bench an inform out and out goalscorer for....,,......,who?
0 x

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:55 pm

andyginbrasil wrote:
Newmarket wrote:You just KNOW Hernandez will get benched

Thank fuck we don't have any other strikers available... Hernandez just beginning to show what he can do when he at last, got some service he thrives on...we need him to play alongside Arnie, and fed by Antonio, Lanzini and Super Mario. I know Moyes has a thing about him, but surely he can't bench an inform out and out goalscorer for....,,......,who?

He was quite happy to play Antonio upfront with the Serb before so I can’t see how it’ll be any different .
We’ll see I spose
0 x

IronsForever

Postby IronsForever » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:35 pm

Newmarket wrote:
andyginbrasil wrote:Thank fuck we don't have any other strikers available... Hernandez just beginning to show what he can do when he at last, got some service he thrives on...we need him to play alongside Arnie, and fed by Antonio, Lanzini and Super Mario. I know Moyes has a thing about him, but surely he can't bench an inform out and out goalscorer for....,,......,who?

He was quite happy to play Antonio upfront with the Serb before so I can’t see how it’ll be any different .
We’ll see I spose

Chico finding his mojo and scoring 3 in 4 games might make him see things different:).Also depends on who we play.
If Lanzini is back for the Liverpool game then Moyes may start with Chico on the bench but a run of the mill game so to speak outside the top 6 he is a certain starter for me with Antonio playing wing back again because Moyes likes pace down the flanks.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:42 pm

IronsForever wrote:
Newmarket wrote:He was quite happy to play Antonio upfront with the Serb before so I can’t see how it’ll be any different .
We’ll see I spose

Chico finding his mojo and scoring 3 in 4 games might make him see things different:).Also depends on who we play.
If Lanzini is back for the Liverpool game then Moyes may start with Chico on the bench but a run of the mill game so to speak outside the top 6 he is a certain starter for me with Antonio playing wing back again because Moyes likes pace down the flanks.

You seem to have Moyes all worked out :D

So do I . He’ll never play 5 attacking players in the same team while he has a hole in his arse.
It just ain’t in his DNA . Especially against the top 6 clubs .

Our midfield is just not strong enough and we can’t defend against pacy attacks for toffee .

Time will tell but I’m politely suggesting (as opposed to telling ya ;)) that leopards don’t change their spots .
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”