How would you set up with Lanzini and Antonio fit?

Chat about anything football related here!
IronsForever

Re: How would you set up with Lanzini and Antonio fit?

Postby IronsForever » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:02 pm

He played 4 of them 5 attacking players Saturday. Who would have thought that?? the 5th one is Lanzini who can slot into Mid. I do doubt though he will drop Kouyate or Noble unless he can get Mario and Lanzini to sit a tad deeper.
Probably wont happen but now Moyes has tasted what we can do with 4 attacking so who knows !! Didn'y he change his spots slightly Saturday? He could have bolstered that left flank with Rice and Cress or Evra and Cress but he went for the pace of Antonio.
1 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:49 pm

IronsForever wrote:He played 4 of them 5 attacking players Saturday. Who would have thought that?? the 5th one is Lanzini who can slot into Mid. I do doubt though he will drop Kouyate or Noble unless he can get Mario and Lanzini to sit a tad deeper.
Probably wont happen but now Moyes has tasted what we can do with 4 attacking so who knows !! Didn'y he change his spots slightly Saturday? He could have bolstered that left flank with Rice and Cress or Evra and Cress but he went for the pace of Antonio.

You have to take into account the opposition . Watford are shit .
Will we play a poorer side between now & the end of the season ?

Will he play that team & tactics at Anfield at the weekend ?

Course not we’d get annihilated so if he wouldn’t play the 4 of em there’s 2 hopes of getting Lanzini in there as well .

A repeat of the Stoke performance could see a repeat of our famous Anfield smash & grab of a couple of years ago but we are more likely to see another Citeh away .
Valiant but in vain I fear.
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

IronsForever

Postby IronsForever » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:03 pm

Newmarket wrote:
IronsForever wrote:He played 4 of them 5 attacking players Saturday. Who would have thought that?? the 5th one is Lanzini who can slot into Mid. I do doubt though he will drop Kouyate or Noble unless he can get Mario and Lanzini to sit a tad deeper.

Course not we’d get annihilated so if he wouldn’t play the 4 of em there’s 2 hopes of getting Lanzini in there as well .

A repeat of the Stoke performance could see a repeat of our famous Anfield smash & grab of a couple of years ago but we are more likely to see another Citeh away .

If Obiang was able to play then Moyes would go with the bus lol. Don't think he has much choice to be honest but to go with the same line up. Although Watford were poor they looked in great form the previous game and it was a 6 pointer. Expecting nothing from Anfield because they have pace that can take you out the game in 10 mins.
What he may change is putting Lanzini in for Mario who looks the type of player that wouldn't relish chasing the ball around Anfield. I think Antonio will be a tad fitter and he will deffo play left wing back to combat Salah's pace down that side. The problem will be down Zabby's side with Mane.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Towie

Postby Towie » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:06 pm

Newmarket wrote:

Anfield smash and grab? Since when is a 3-0 win been a smash and grab?
0 x

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:12 am

Towie wrote:
Newmarket wrote:You have to take into account the opposition . Watford are shit .

Anfield smash and grab? Since when is a 3-0 win been a smash and grab?

West Ham had only 37% possession during the game and only 18% of it was spent in Liverpool's third.
That and my eyes and very good memory of course !
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:23 am

Newmarket wrote:

Watford may be shit. But they have the same amount of points that we do and more than around half the teams playing in the division. Which says it all really. They are one of the sides, like us, in there to make up the numbers. Outside the top 5 or 6 teams the quality of football on display is fairly mundane.

Liverpool are one of the teams with better players than the rest and so play better football than most. How many of our team would get into the Liverpool squad, never mind the starting eleven ? If we try to play them at football we'll be thrashed, if we park the bus we may get away with just losing. Or if we're lucky snatch a point as we did at Wembley against Spurs.

That may be unpalatable but it is a way of life for clubs at our level. And before anyone says they'd rather see us in the Championship playing "attractive football" , we should remember that Arnautovic and Lanzini, two of the players who are better to watch than most of the huffers and puffers, and possibly a few others, won't hang around to provide the quality. But never mind, I'm sure there's a modern day Matty Taylor or Sam Baldock out there somewhere.
1 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

Porterman

Postby Porterman » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:52 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Newmarket wrote:You have to take into account the opposition . Watford are shit .

Watford may be shit. But they have the same amount of points that we do and more than around half the teams playing in the division. Which says it all really. They are one of the sides, like us, in there to make up the numbers. Outside the top 5 or 6 teams the quality of football on display is fairly mundane.

Liverpool are one of the teams with better players than the rest and so play better football than most. How many of our team would get into the Liverpool squad, never mind the starting eleven ? If we try to play them at football we'll be thrashed, if we park the bus we may get away with just losing. Or if we're lucky snatch a point as we did at Wembley against Spurs.

That may be unpalatable but it is a way of life for clubs at our level. And before anyone says they'd rather see us in the Championship playing "attractive football" , we should remember that Arnautovic and Lanzini, two of the players who are better to watch than most of the huffers and puffers, and possibly a few others, won't hang around to provide the quality. But never mind, I'm sure there's a modern day Matty Taylor or Sam Baldock out there somewhere.

Thats far far too sensible a post to be putting anywhere near here mate.

MOYES......OUT,OUT,OUT ( He shouldnt even be a Mangager because....eh well BECAUSE !!).

It will be fun with Shtevie at Doncaster on a Tuesday night though.
0 x

Hammertime

Postby Hammertime » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:20 am

I think Antonio's position against Watford was his best one. A left wing back with license to roam forward when attacking but who's strength and pace are needed in defense. I think we got a tune out of him as a striker, but it's not his position and playing him in the lwb role solves, in part, the problem of how to get more of these players in the team.

It certainly will be a nice problem to have if we have them all back from injury at the same time. As dynamic as Arnie and Lanzini were before the injuries, I would like to see more of them up front with Mario and Antonio in support of them.
Last edited by Hammertime on Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

thomasswe

Postby thomasswe » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:44 am

We don't really have perople avaliable to go more defenively than we did against Watford.. other than another CB with Cresswell at LWB and a striker less.

I think the same team that played against Watford should play. Just play defence and break at the counter. Trying too attack with too many players would leave us open to punish. The most important aim would be to not concede as that would mean atleast 1 point, which is way better than losing 4-1
0 x

palerider

Postby palerider » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:53 am

Difficult to say but horses for courses.

Kouyate is a pale imitation of the player he once was and shouldn't be in the team. But at Liverpool you need a couple of defensive midfielders, and Noble has proved his worth in general of late.

I still get the feeling that Moyes is itching to leave Hernandez out though.
0 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

Return to “Football Talk”