Hammer of the Year - Early contenders

Chat about anything football related here!
eskimo joe

Re: Hammer of the Year - Early contenders

Postby eskimo joe » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:15 am

Don't normally have so many to choose from even this early, but maybe because of our dour performances pre Christmas criterias have changed.

Like a few, pre festivity time it would have been Zabaleta, slow in legs he may be but in mind he is above the rest. He also gives all, if he's not showing passion for the club he certainly is for the game.

Adrian is a good call, he came back after what I see as an insult by recruiting Hart and has made the number one spot hard to pry from him, his clean sheets testify to his value to the team, and did he not go down as saying he would be happy to see out his career here?!

Armies another contender, and if he continues as he is, is most likely going to be the winner. Justfied?! Well it depends on your own view as to what would earn HOTY.

Realistically, as it stands, Arnie has it, my choice would be Adrian, he has retaken a spot that is the hardest to regain and proved beyond doubt by his own performances that he deserves the place.

Categories if there were any.

Player of the people. Collins
Most consistent player. Ogbonna.
HOTY. Adrian.
0 x
A good person does things in silence, others strive to be seen as good so scream out their deeds.

IronsForever

Postby IronsForever » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:26 am

Porterman wrote:Obiang.

Closely followed by Noble.

Then Hart.

It could all change before the end of the season though.

There is something " deeply " missing with you:)
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

IronsForever

Postby IronsForever » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:30 am

eskimo joe wrote:Don't normally have so many to choose from even this early, but maybe because of our dour performances pre Christmas criterias have changed.

Like a few, pre festivity time it would have been Zabaleta, slow in legs he may be but in mind he is above the rest. He also gives all, if he's not showing passion for the club he certainly is for the game.

Adrian is a good call, he came back after what I see as an insult by recruiting Hart and has made the number one spot hard to pry from him, his clean sheets testify to his value to the team, and did he not go down as saying he would be happy to see out his career here?!

Armies another contender, and if he continues as he is, is most likely going to be the winner. Justfied?! Well it depends on your own view as to what would earn HOTY.

Realistically, as it stands, Arnie has it, my choice would be Adrian, he has retaken a spot that is the hardest to regain and proved beyond doubt by his own performances that he deserves the place.

Categories if there were any.

Player of the people. Collins
Most consistent player. Ogbonna.
HOTY. Adrian.

Between Arnie and Collins for me. Adrian came back in goal after the defense tightened and to be honest hasn't had to do that much in many games, just be solid. That might change given our last 5 fixtures so he may forge ahead of the 2 i mentioned towards end of season.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:37 am

tassiehammer wrote:Who actually votes?
Zabaleta might be a bit slower than when in his prime but you can see the class he has and still puts in 100%.
Arnie scores another 3 or 4 goals and keeps the team up then the early part of the season will be forgotten .
Adrian always a fan's favourite, must have been gutted when the daves got Hart, but its driving him on to perform as one of the best keepers in the prem.
I reckon Arnie.

Who does actually vote ? Good question. But if I did there would be 3 in contention.

1. Adrian--completely professional attitude when Hart came in, despite the ridiculous comments from the dwarf. Could easily have thrown a hissy fit but buckled down and has proved he is still the best keeper at the club.
2. Zabaleta--proving regularly that experience and professionalism is a lot more beneficial to the team effort than just speed. Deserves the armband when Noble isn't playing imo.
3. Arnautovic--since Moyes arrival has shown why we shelled out a decent fee for him. Can he keep it up? Ask me again at the end of the season.

Ogbonna & Collins have also been better than most imo but I'd pick one of those 3 if I voted. But I don't. ;)

And isn't there also a young player of the year award ? If there is there is only one candidate. And his first name is Declan.
0 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

tassiehammer

Postby tassiehammer » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:32 am

Then Hart.

P M, you forgot the smiley face after Hart to show it was a joke.
You were joking weren't you?.........
0 x

mkhammer

Postby mkhammer » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:57 am

Yep Adrian for me true proper professional,great attitude,loves the club and us lot...

Be absolutely deserved.......

Like Arnie and Zabs...But Love Adrian......He's a Hammer, the others might be one day....

Ginge for second place........but I'd always give it to him... :i am genuinely amused:
0 x

eskimo joe

Postby eskimo joe » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:31 am

Whiskyman wrote:
tassiehammer wrote:Who actually votes?
Zabaleta might be a bit slower than when in his prime but you can see the class he has and still puts in 100%.
Arnie scores another 3 or 4 goals and keeps the team up then the early part of the season will be forgotten .
Adrian always a fan's favourite, must have been gutted when the daves got Hart, but its driving him on to perform as one of the best keepers in the prem.
I reckon Arnie.

Who does actually vote ? Good question.

Well if it were the board you can name at least one name which won't be put in the hat.
0 x
A good person does things in silence, others strive to be seen as good so scream out their deeds.

Shortshanks

Postby Shortshanks » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:45 am

Then Hart.

Has to be Noble !! Only one born anywhere near the ground and is "one of us" . Don't worry about the fact he's too slow to catch a cold and a liability. When Arnie ,Lanzini or whoever wins us a match we can carry on being deluded and give the credit to "captain fantastic" i am genuinely amused
0 x

Pennywise

Postby Pennywise » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:27 pm

Arnie, all day long.

Honourable mentions to Zab and Adrian.
0 x

jhammers

Postby jhammers » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:35 pm

Adrian for me, not only his clean sheets, but the confidence he brought to the defence when we were a shambles.
1 x

Return to “Football Talk”