On This Day 14th February 1990

Chat about anything football related here!
eskimo joe

Re: On This Day 14th February 1990

Postby eskimo joe » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:39 am

grandad wrote:The new score board opened that night i am genuinely amused. Took a few pound bits to blow the fucker up I seem to remember. .... I was soaked to skin that day and was a long drive home.

If you'd kept the pound coins you could have taken a taxi.
0 x
A good person does things in silence, others strive to be seen as good so scream out their deeds.

JayK

Postby JayK » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:43 am

Marco Boogers Boots wrote:
Ibbyham wrote:Was a very painful match for me to remember, lost 6-0 to Oldham Athletic in League Cup Semi-Final at Boundary Park with plastic pitch that we couldn't cope at Valentine Day and Macari days was numbered.

That time I was only 15, in school, no girl-friend, just studying for my degree.

Liverpool won the last league championship in 1990, Nottingham Forest were regular top 8 and won the League Cup and Man Utd won the FA Cup, Fergie's first ever silverware courtesy of Lee Martin only goal in replay against Crystal Palace whom I was hoping to win. There were no f*cking billoinnaire taking overs clubs, 3 foreign players per teams, no over-spending, tickets were reasonable, Gazza making headline for himself and Stephen Hendry first winner out of 7 in The Crucible. The 4 league were in great shape and only Liverpool and Arsenal in regular top 4 side. Referee were good except Hackett whom I hated and never forgave him. Ceefax latest score were my favourite for how West Ham doing. How times has changed.

Plus all of you were young hammers, some refreshingly remember the good old Brooking era.

What about you all?

I knew you were a smart bloke, Ibby. But studying for a degree at 15? Fair play.......

He was trying to work out how to turn the heating up
2 x
Can we get anymore Fubar’d?
COYI!!!

tassiehammer

Postby tassiehammer » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:01 am

JayK wrote:
Marco Boogers Boots wrote:
I knew you were a smart bloke, Ibby. But studying for a degree at 15? Fair play.......

Give us the juicy bits Ibb. When did you get your 1st girlfriend? ;)
0 x

grandad

Postby grandad » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:46 am

eskimo joe wrote:
grandad wrote:The new score board opened that night i am genuinely amused. Took a few pound bits to blow the fucker up I seem to remember. .... I was soaked to skin that day and was a long drive home.

If you'd kept the pound coins you could have taken a taxi.

Very true mate. But had to get back quick I was on nights at the print do had to sign out and get my money.
0 x
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

grandad

Postby grandad » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:47 am

tassiehammer wrote:
JayK wrote:

Give us the juicy bits Ibb. When did you get your 1st girlfriend? ;)

Fucking pervert. i am genuinely amused.
0 x
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:50 am

PSG's Edinson Cavani was born 3 years earlier (14th Feb 1987). Cue commentator clichés tonight if he scores.

And 14th Feb 1971 was apparently the day Richard Nixon installed the secret recording system at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. I'm assuming he didn't actually wield the screwdriver himself but I'm sure you get the drift. But it does beg the question was it really that secret ? ;)
0 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

Baddowhammer

Postby Baddowhammer » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:58 am

On the same day in 1981 we thumped Chelsea 4-0 at Upton Park,top of division 2 game Brooking got 2 the original psycho Cross got 1 and Devo grabbed the other att.35,247.I like this one better cos I was there. COYI
2 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:24 am

Baddowhammer wrote:On the same day in 1981 we thumped Chelsea 4-0 at Upton Park,top of division 2 game Brooking got 2 the original psycho Cross got 1 and Devo grabbed the other att.35,247.I like this one better cos I was there. COYI

Bloody hell, was that really 37 years ago ? I remember that game well and the quote from the Chelsea keeper, Peter Borota, about one of Brooking's goals.

I knew exactly what he was going to do but I couldn't do anything about it he said afterwards.

I wonder if the likes of Brooking and Devonshire were playing in today's game if they would have stayed with the club ?
Last edited by Whiskyman on Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

tassiehammer

Postby tassiehammer » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:25 am

Baddowhammer wrote:On the same day in 1981 we thumped Chelsea 4-0 at Upton Park,top of division 2 game Brooking got 2 the original psycho Cross got 1 and Devo grabbed the other att.35,247.I like this one better cos I was there. COYI

Shame I can only get 1 like on this, baddow. whufc_crest
1 x

Baddowhammer

Postby Baddowhammer » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:48 am

Whiskyman wrote:

Bloody hell, was that really 37 years ago ? I remember that game well and the quote from the Chelsea keeper, Peter Borota, about one of Brooking's goals.

I knew exactly what he was going to do but I couldn't do anything about it he said afterwards.

I wonder if the likes of Brooking and Devonshire were playing in today's game if they would have stayed with the club ?

Having read Sir Trev's autobiography I genuinely think he would have stayed,he had a few good chances to leave Arse being one,but when it came down to it he just couldn't leave,I was at one game it must have been a relegation season close to the end,lots of rumours he could be going when as one the whole stadium was filled with more than a few choruses of "don't go Trevor,don't go Trevor,don't go" it bought tears to his eyes,and the rest as they say is history. COYI
1 x

Return to “Football Talk”