Reece Burke

Chat about anything football related here!
deanox

Reece Burke

Postby deanox » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:30 am

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/02/14/bo ... ed-defend/

Bolton fans complaining about Reece, could be he’s not up to it, or it could be Bolton are shit and as they say you can put lipstick on a pig... but it’s still a pig!
0 x
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

Brookbonds73

Re: Reece Burke

Postby Brookbonds73 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:49 am

Imho, I don't think he is up to it. For me he's certainly not premier league standard, but I would have thought he'd be ok at Bolton or similar.
It could be a one off, bad day at Cardiff as they are pretty useful at home, but we should be looking to offload in the summer along with byram.
0 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

deanox

Postby deanox » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:35 am

Brookbonds73 wrote:Imho, I don't think he is up to it. For me he's certainly not premier league standard, but I would have thought he'd be ok at Bolton or similar.
It could be a one off, bad day at Cardiff as they are pretty useful at home, but we should be looking to offload in the summer along with byram.

I agree B.B. tbh I don’t think he compares to rice who is also a few steps above Oxford.
I wish Burke well but his level at present is not much higher than bottom championship.
0 x
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

Flairon

Postby Flairon » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:21 am

That is a shame. Both Burke and Oxford were highly rated and big things were expected for them. In which position did he play against Cardiff. I thought he was mainly a centre half who can also play at right back.
0 x
Flairon

palerider

Postby palerider » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:28 am

Byram will one day prove himself. I just hope he's still with us when he does.
1 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

Hildreth_1101

Postby Hildreth_1101 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:46 am

Dunno lot of this game is to do with confidence and coaching - Burke was highly rated at Bradford in League One, a more stable club - Goes off to one ran into the ditch doesn't perform as well.

Then again Zaza got 0 in 16 for us then at Valencia he scores goals for fun :D
0 x

Postby 3413 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:27 am

palerider wrote:Byram will one day prove himself. I just hope he's still with us when he does.

Bryan is one of my He worst full backs ever to wear the West Ham shirt, worse than wally Walford.
0 x

eskimo joe

Postby eskimo joe » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:44 am

3413 wrote:
palerider wrote:Byram will one day prove himself. I just hope he's still with us when he does.

Bryan is one of my He worst full backs ever to wear the West Ham shirt, worse than wally Walford.

I wouldn't go as far as saying he is the worse but I also wouldn't go as far as saying he will improve. 25 years might sound young but in footballing years you would expect to see, well I would anyway, signs that he can vastly improve. To date I have seen none only the odd good game here and there.

Could be a case of his positioning and not being able to nail down a set position but I feel its more of a case of how he uses his noodle. He might be better , or get better playing in the position he was used in for Leeds, but as an outright RB, i feel not.
0 x
God is playing a game of hide and seek with dire consequences.....Count me out!

garnett

Postby garnett » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:12 am

Being unfairly made a scapegoat, the whole Bolton side is shit and the pressure on the defence is too much to handle, so let's blame the loanee, he probably has made error's but when under constant pressure it happens.
Never set the world alight when he played for us but never let us down either.
I wish him well, doubt we will see him in one of our shirts again.

Shame
0 x

Neville Bartos

Postby Neville Bartos » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:12 am

Too early to be writing either Burke or Oxford off. Players develop at different rates.
Martin Keown's a good example. Sold off by George Graham when he was 20 odd, and Graham knew a decent defender when he saw one.
Put Burke in a lineup with an good, experienced CB partner and he can, and has, done a job.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Return to “Football Talk”