What is our next level?

Chat about anything football related here!
JayK

Re: What is our next level?

Post by JayK » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:07 pm

The sky is the limit but not our next level. Nothing to say we will “never” catch the others. Never is a very long time.

But in answer to the question......our current level is between 8th and 20th by all accounts coz it’s so tight, so i’d Say the next level must be 7th
0 x
COYI!!!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:18 pm

The next level is anywhere of higher standing and more successful than we are now .

Even showing the ambition to improve as a club would be a start ...a new level ...a higher level .

And that means investment . Fuck the gents bogs fuck the crappy beer shelves (sorry Dandan) fuck the ILS ...

Board out out OUT !!!!!
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

paulcolborne

Post by paulcolborne » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:29 pm

We should be competing with Everton for 7th place and have a big enough squad to try and win a cup.
0 x

HammerJammer

Re: Sadboy in need

Post by HammerJammer » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:03 pm

Numbers wrote:A load of attention-seeking bullshit.
Fuck off back to Shyte Fart Stain, you poxy nonentity.
0 x
Click here and enter 21212 to block the TottenScum Troll

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:14 pm

I wish we could be up there with the super-giants like Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Tottenham.

Oh if only :cry:
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

Dolfo

Post by Dolfo » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:12 pm

I think we should aim for level 42
0 x

redhammer
Site Admin

Post by redhammer » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:27 pm

League-Consistently top half with an aim of being 'best of the rest' or 7th as it's better known.

Cup-take them seriously and challenge. Winning a cup should be the priority every season

Market-2 aims
1-buy the top players from clubs in the bottom half and try to have a squad that (in theory) too good for the non top 6 but not good enough for the top 6. Such as Zaha, Mahrez, Vardy and Lanzini.

2-buy young players with huge potential, even at a great cost. Their wages tend to be 'low' which offsets the fee and eventually they are worth an incredible amount-see VVD and Kante.
0 x

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:44 pm

We really need to be in Europe ....so finishing 6th or 7th could get us there....winning a cup could get us there. We will then have the appeal for better players to join us.. and that my friends will be a step to the next level. What this dream lacks though is always down to the same old problem....lack of investment in the team and now unfortunately a complete lack of trust in the owners by existing players, targeted players and us, the fans. The whole footballing world can see us as a joke club, this will not help our future development...the next level is unreachable under our present owners so we will have to carry on as we are blundering from one crisis to another untill they sell up. Don't hold your breath
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:50 pm

Don't know what will happen at Manchester City in the long term but at the moment there are 3 distinct groups of club.

1. Manchester City. Light years ahead of anyone else this season.
2. The so called big 5. This could become a big 3 if Arsenal continue to stagnate and Spurs lose Pochettino and Kane.
3. The rest of us who are there to make up the numbers. There is very little difference , 11 points, between 7th and 19th at the moment which shows it is all much of a muchness. Final places will probably depend on injuries during the season as much as squad strength.

And as so many others have commented it will take a massive investment and re structuring of the way clubs are run for anyone else to even come close to crashing the party.
0 x
I demand answers. And I demand them now. Why is there only one monopolies commission ?

Towie

Post by Towie » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:53 pm

3413 wrote:I assume we all agree we will never be as big as Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea.
We are on a par with London clubs such as Crystal Palace and QPR.

So where exactly is our next level?

Have we hit our glass ceiling?

I can’t see where we realistically go from here.
You cannot put Spuds in same category as Cheats & le Arse, spuds have still to reach the level of those two clubs and win trophies regularly. They have won the same as us in the last 10 years, Fuck all!

Cheats are only there because of mr multi billionaire,
Arsenal are the blue print to follow much like Spuds have done which is buy young hungry players and get a forward thinking coach.
0 x

Social Media