Liverpool vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Clayton

Re: Liverpool vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Postby Clayton » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:50 am

Whiskyman wrote:I imagine Salah is licking his lips at the thought of being up against Cresswell out on Liverpool's right hand side. I can only see a comfortable 3-0 home win but it isn't games against the Liverpools of this world that will decide whether we stay up or not.

Oh ye of little faith
1 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:52 am

Clayton wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:I imagine Salah is licking his lips at the thought of being up against Cresswell out on Liverpool's right hand side. I can only see a comfortable 3-0 home win but it isn't games against the Liverpools of this world that will decide whether we stay up or not.

Oh ye of little faith

"Little faith" implies that I actually have some. Which I'm afraid for this game I don't.
0 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

Hai Kouyate

Postby Hai Kouyate » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:23 am

Whiskyman wrote:"Little faith" implies that I actually have some. Which I'm afraid for this game I don't.

I think Moyes knows how to shut up shop, which we have done on a few occasions this season against the 'big boys' to good effect. We are decent offensively so perhaps could nick a goal against the run of play.

I live in hope.
0 x

frogiron

Postby frogiron » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:25 am

Hai Kouyate wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:"Little faith" implies that I actually have some. Which I'm afraid for this game I don't.

I think Moyes knows how to shut up shop, which we have done on a few occasions this season against the 'big boys' to good effect. We are decent offensively so perhaps could nick a goal against the run of play.

I live in hope.

Best username ever.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x
GTFOOOCYTPPOC

Tippmick

Postby Tippmick » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:08 pm

I know tomorrow will be a special day in remembrance of the great Bobby Moore,ad I know our three thousand travelling fans will do the club proud ,but It will be interesting to see what match of the day will show of our fans tribute,anyway all get there and back in one piece,and enjoy the craic in the arkles,coyi
0 x

terrya1965

Postby terrya1965 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:31 pm

25 years of one of the greatest players leaving this planet.He played the game on how it should be played.

Therefore,it`s ironic that we are playing a team that has been a joy to watch when playing entertaining football this season.I must admit I have purred at some of their attacking play this year..A real joy(like City) to watch exhilarating football..That`s what I would love to see at our club,we can only dream about that.

Mo Salah with De Bruyne(Man City) are the stars of not just the PL,but CL.Sheer class and ironically released and sold by the most pragmatic coach in the PL,Mourinho..(Alright,I will put Allardyce there too)...I still don`t understand why Man U Fans put up with watching that crap every week(that`s another story for another day).

We will either get walloped or we will eek a result out.

It will be an emotional one.Hope LFC do a tribute to Mooro.He deserves it.

RIP Bobby x whufc_crest
2 x

Shortshanks

Postby Shortshanks » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:23 pm

Not sure I agree with you there Whisky. I don't think we can afford to write off any games as every season there are relatively doomed sides who manage to stay up by having a couple of shock good results against the supposed big teams. Out of our remaining games we will probably be quite big outsiders in over half and I can't see us being more than marginal favourites in maybe a couple.
0 x

IronsForever

Postby IronsForever » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:11 am

Shortshanks wrote:

Not sure I agree with you there Whisky. I don't think we can afford to write off any games as every season there are relatively doomed sides who manage to stay up by having a couple of shock good results against the supposed big teams. Out of our remaining games we will probably be quite big outsiders in over half and I can't see us being more than marginal favourites in maybe a couple.

I think Moyes will tuck Cress in the 3 center backs role and put Antonio as left wing back to try and keep tabs on Salah. It's Moyes only choice
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

palerider

Postby palerider » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:03 am

Lawro reckons 3-0 and he's never wrong.
0 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:14 am

Blakey in goal.
Stan, Jack, Arthur and Olive across the back.
Jack's teeth alone should stop most of their shots.
3 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

Return to “Football Talk”