Fake News?

Chat about anything football related here!

Should Moyes be in charge next season?

Yes
73%
No
27%

Total votes: 41

Pennywise

Fake News?

Postby Pennywise » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:38 pm

Just saw this article on t'interweb and thought I'd get the views of my illustrious friends on HC.

https://amp.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/02/18/d ... ssion=true
0 x

mkhammer

Re: Fake News?

Postby mkhammer » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:02 pm

All day long.....
Fully confident with a reasonably fit Squad over a season,he would have us in that 7/8th
spot consistently..possibly gate crashing 5/6th,now and again....

More than that is in the hands of our illustrious owners,cos would mean getting the 40/50 mill
players in...

TBH honest didn't really get a lot of the dislike for him that was going around...

He was exactly what we needed.....No shit...No Excuses....I like him....
3 x

imanammer

Postby imanammer » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:12 pm

I don't really care whether it's fake or not. I do think it is patently obvious that he has got the squad working and working as a team as well. So more strength to his arm. I always felt he got handed a poisoned chalice with the MU job and went with his heart instead of his head to Sunderland. There are a lot of managers out there who I'd gladly avoid before DM.
0 x

Clayton

Postby Clayton » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:18 pm

Fake or not , I think it all depends on the board and how far they will support him , how much he and the scouting system is respected by the board ( if we actually have one that isnt just there to safe face for Sullivans ) . At the end of the day I cant see him staying if he doesnt get what he wants , but if their is no change and he stays he would lose any respect I had for him . Plus I wouldnt want to watch us putting 10 behind the ball every other week , and losing at home to teams we are expected to beat . Zabaleta , Fonte , Noble and Collins are all going to be another year older and if we dont get fresh faces in especially for them , we are actually going to be in a worse position next season .
0 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:32 pm

Shouldn't really be an issue for debate if we stay up imo.
0 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

Pennywise

Postby Pennywise » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:37 pm

I am clearly in the minority on this, I'd let.him walk.
1 x

hammerwell75

Postby hammerwell75 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:40 pm

Yeah I think he should be given the chance at least . he's come in and turned us around , even with a very weakened side . Him and his team have motivated the players and put a new lease of confidence back in a few . This is what we need as a club too , we need to start a fresh next season , the board keeping away from everyday runnings of the club , a stable manager who can build his own squad and lets see where we end up .even if it's like Everton and top 10 each season , id sooner take that than all the shite we've had these last few seasons ... imagine starting the season relatively confident that we aint gunna spend half the season in a relegation dog fight , I would however like him to take the cups more seriously though , but I'm guessing he was told '' just keep us up '' ........ So yeah I'd like to see him get a chance if he wants too . whufc_crest
0 x

hammerwell75

Postby hammerwell75 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:41 pm

Pennywise wrote:I am clearly in the minority on this, I'd let.him walk.

That's us fecked them , the minority normally wins hands down on everything else :D ;)
0 x

Clayton

Postby Clayton » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:41 pm

Pennywise wrote:I am clearly in the minority on this, I'd let.him walk.

Thing is who do you suggest we get in to replace Moyes when he walks at the end of the season , when the board make it known that they have no intentions of supporting him or anyone else ? As I cant see anyone of note or intelligence wanting the job .
3 x

Ibbyham

Postby Ibbyham » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:34 pm

Moyes did well since he came and brought in better coaches and disciplines which was lacked by Bilic.

Once West Ham secured PL status, the board will give Moyes a 2 years contract and leave him to do the transfer that he know best.

All I hope Moyes will keep us in top half regularly, not just 1 season wonder and don't give a shit like our previous managers did.

The only stumbling block is the 2 clowns running the clubs that interfered with the manager too much with transfer so I do not want any more crap rumours that West Ham going to get this top players or that top players and nothing happened due to Sullivan interference transfer dealing. Sullivan should leave the transfer dealing with Moyes within the budget he will be given this summer. The transfer budget should be around £70millions to £80millions and NO EXCUSES.
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”