West Ham update on wages.

Chat about anything football related here!
Neville Bartos

Re: West Ham update on wages.

Postby Neville Bartos » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:50 am

Hart's wages are fucking ridiculous.
And according to that we spend £150k a week for the privilege of nursing Winston Reid and Andy Carroll back to health every season.
Here's an idea, why don't we stop giving players who are shit or always injured fucking great big long contracts?
Obiang is on more than TGP?
I hope that list is made up, it's bloody embarrassing otherwise.
1 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Marco Boogers Boots

Postby Marco Boogers Boots » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:46 am

Gonzo wrote:
IronsForever wrote:Probably the same wally that gave the same amount to Snodgrass. Doesn't make sense!! How can Cullen and Quina be on 8 times what Rice gets and Rice has established himself more than them 2.
You have connections Gonzo. Where and when exactly did Carrol do his ankle in which is keeping him out for over 4 months?

Funnily enough the rumour is that he's not injured at all :i am genuinely amused:

Reminds me a lot of a strong rumour (from a good source) that told me Jack Wilshere wasn't injured the first time he broke his ankle - he was, allegedly, going through rehab.

Andy Carroll's having a party.......................
0 x

IronsForever

Postby IronsForever » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:05 am

Neville Bartos wrote:Hart's wages are fucking ridiculous.
And according to that we spend £150k a week for the privilege of nursing Winston Reid and Andy Carroll back to health every season.
Here's an idea, why don't we stop giving players who are shit or always injured fucking great big long contracts?

Doubt it is made up Neville. We are in the top 15 in world football for wages.
This was published end of November so we have to add Mario's wages and lose Ayew and Sakho's

20. Valencia - £2.4m per week
19. Leicester City - £2.5m per week
18. Roma - £2.6m per week
17. Inter Milan - £2.6m per week
16. Borussia Dortmund - £2.7m per week
15. Everton - £2.8m per week
14. West Ham - £2.8m per week
13. AC Milan - £3.1m per week
12. Tottenham Hotspur - £3.1m per week
11. Liverpool - £3.6m per week

If they had any sense they would offload Carrol on a free transfer. Should never have brought Hart in and kept Randy. Jose Fonte at 35 on 75 grand a week when we had Rice waiting to break through. Badly run club mate when you consider he is on double what Collins is on.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Dwayne Pipes

Postby Dwayne Pipes » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:31 am

Can’t blame the players it’s the wankers sorting out these ridiculous deals .
0 x

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:34 am

Neville Bartos wrote:Hart's wages are fucking ridiculous.

Go on Nev ya got me . TGP ?
0 x

whu

Postby whu » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:42 am

some of those are historically accurate

so think those figures generally are probably pretty close I'd say

different world
0 x
Tell the truth or get out of our club - NO SURRENDER

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:58 am

whu wrote:some of those are historically accurate

different world

How do we know they are accurate is basically my question. As we all know from our own working lives wages and salaries are normally the best kept secrets in the company. Too much grief caused if people know the bloke working at the next desk is on 20% more. So I'd have thought in the football world there's even more secrecy.
0 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

BillyDWhizz

Postby BillyDWhizz » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:03 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
whu wrote:some of those are historically accurate

different world

How do we know they are accurate is basically my question. As we all know from our own working lives wages and salaries are normally the best kept secrets in the company. Too much grief caused if people know the bloke working at the next desk is on 20% more. So I'd have thought in the football world there's even more secrecy.

http://www.spotrac.com/epl/west-ham-united-f.c/payroll/

http://sillyseason.com/salary/west-ham-united-players-salaries-85619/

And if you look at the last available WHUFC financial report from 2016, it lists wages at around £84M I think, which obviously includes the non playing staff but it's still a hefty chunk and would tend to corroborate some of the numbers being banded about, allowing for adjustment over the last 2 years of course.

https://www.whufc.com/sites/default/files/inline-files/WH%20Holding%20signed%20stats%2031.5.16%20Final_0.pdf
0 x
I hate it when people don't know the difference between "your" and "you're". There so stupid.

whu

Postby whu » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:27 pm

what billy says, whiskey

you can argue about a few pennies maybe and I don't have a players wage-slip in front of me but bottom line, the sum total is pretty accurate in outgoing wages

official club accounts available for all to view

i used to fine tooth comb those fuckers back in the brown out days and I can tell you terry brown was drawing £565k annually from whufc_crest whilst literally driving the club into a financial place hard to come back from

proper supporter (as some suggest) my fucking arsehole - and he sits up there on match day 2018 with SOGO - match made in fucking heaven

smorgasbord of cunts
3 x
Tell the truth or get out of our club - NO SURRENDER

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:43 pm

whu wrote:what billy says, whiskey

you can argue about a few pennies maybe and I don't have a players wage-slip in front of me but bottom line, the sum total is pretty accurate in outgoing wages

official club accounts available for all to view

i used to fine tooth comb those fuckers back in the brown out days and I can tell you terry brown was drawing £565k annually from whufc_crest whilst literally driving the club into a financial place hard to come back from

proper supporter (as some suggest) my fucking arsehole - and he sits up there on match day 2018 with SOGO - match made in fucking heaven

smorgasbord of cunts

:i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused:
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”