Fonte's gone?

Chat about anything football related here!
BillyDWhizz

Re: Fonte's gone?

Postby BillyDWhizz » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:18 pm

andyginbrasil wrote:
BillyDWhizz wrote:
Hang on a sec. How have we got around this one? Surely we can't just sell him outside of the PL transfer window? And if we mutually cancel his contract and they sign him as a free agent we wouldn't be entitled to a penny surely? I iz confuzeled...anyone know how this move would actually work without us ending up with a points deduction and/or transfer embargo?

The Chinese window shuts at the end of this month......we can sell to them but not to European sides

I'm not sure that's right you know. We can't sell a player once our window's shut, no matter what other nations windows are still open. The only thing I can think of is that the deal was done during January and the club's kept schtum about it until now. I seem to vaguely remember Chelsea doing something similar with Oscar...I think.
0 x
I hate it when people don't know the difference between "your" and "you're". There so stupid.

andyginbrasil

Postby andyginbrasil » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:30 pm

BillyDWhizz wrote:
andyginbrasil wrote:The Chinese window shuts at the end of this month......we can sell to them but not to European sides

I'm not sure that's right you know. We can't sell a player once our window's shut, no matter what other nations windows are still open. The only thing I can think of is that the deal was done during January and the club's kept schtum about it until now. I seem to vaguely remember Chelsea doing something similar with Oscar...I think.

Not just China that can buy..Russia, Brasil as well...have a look
Our clubs can sell to anyone that have a transfer window open. But cannot buy
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... ws-9726853
0 x

IronsForever

Postby IronsForever » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:22 pm

Exit confirmed!! Sold to China for 4.5 Million. Salary around 68 grand a week. Adios and good luck!!
1 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:45 pm

Great . A £3.5m minimum loss over a year .

Another great deal by Sullicunt . Fonte must’ve wanted out badly & I don’t blame him tbh ...

However I don’t think he’d be the one to scupper any future Carvalho deal .

Otherwise Super Mario wouldn’t have touched us with a barge pole .
1 x

Clayton

Postby Clayton » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:38 pm

Wish him all the best for the future , a top professional and one of the best CB's , shame we got him at the end of his career like so many of our best players , can we not have anymore of these overthehill players . So back to the real world that leaves us with the following CB's to play in a back 3 which isnt Moye's favoured system Ogbonna , Kouyate - who wont play there , Collins - can he play much longer as a premier league CB , Reid who should have gone last season , Cresswell a LB playing out of position under Moyes and Rice .
0 x

JustLikeMyDreams

Postby JustLikeMyDreams » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:39 pm

He was still here last Thursday,he cut me up in his porche on the way too Rush Green! :roll:
0 x

dagenhamdave

Postby dagenhamdave » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:24 pm

JustLikeMyDreams wrote:He was still here last Thursday,he cut me up in his porche on the way too Rush Green! :roll:

Shame he struggled to do that on the pitch. ;)
0 x

JustLikeMyDreams

Postby JustLikeMyDreams » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:28 pm

dagenhamdave wrote:
JustLikeMyDreams wrote:He was still here last Thursday,he cut me up in his porche on the way too Rush Green! :roll:

Shame he struggled to do that on the pitch. ;)

Too be fair he waved,too say sorry!I was mouthing you flash cunt until I see it was him! :i am genuinely amused:
0 x

JayK

Postby JayK » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:57 pm

Better than cutting you up on his porch. Similar but so different
0 x
Can we get anymore Fubar’d?
COYI!!!

punkrockhammer

Postby punkrockhammer » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:08 pm

Pleased for him

Can’t blame him for wanting to go after what that midget Welsh cunt said about him

But another player down. No doubt the board will be pleased as it’s money off the wage bill
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”