Kia’s back ...

Chat about anything football related here!
frogiron

Re: Kia’s back ...

Post by frogiron » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:15 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
I've never been too keen on Kia Joorabchian either. Him and his brothers Hyundai and Daewoo are a right dodgy bunch.

You are a very funny man Nev

That did make me giggle

:lol: :lol:
0 x
GTFOOOCYTPPOC

Post by 1001 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:46 pm

Hope this is all BS. If it did come to pass, it would not end well. A decidedly dodgy character.
0 x
The only West Ham fan in the village...

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:58 pm

Somebody,this bloke maybe might be sniffing around as potential investors/buyers but as I see it
the prob is..
Improving the seating for fans is not commercially viable...dead money...
We're getting 50,000 plus at games already....which is pretty much guaranteed,so you can't produce
extra revenue from ticket sales.....only way you could do it is to increase prices..

Catch 22, if people were staying away cos it was crap,and we were getting 30,000 or so, it becomes
a viable option...even to knock down and rebuild..
0 x

downunda

Post by downunda » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:45 am

How come I am starting to think of our club is a beat up second hand car :lol: :lol:
0 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:56 am

mkhammer wrote:Somebody,this bloke maybe might be sniffing around as potential investors/buyers but as I see it
the prob is..
We're getting 50,000 plus at games already....which is pretty much guaranteed,so you can't produce
extra revenue from ticket sales.....only way you could do it is to increase prices..

Catch 22, if people were staying away cos it was crap,and we were getting 30,000 or so, it becomes
It could pay off eventually. Lowering the pitch and re-angling the seating accordingly could increase overall capacity, or allow for more corporate boxes/areas.
Currently you've huge gaps between the moveable seating and the pitch, and the moveable seating and permanent seating.
Repurposed purely as a football stadium you could probably get upwards of 75000 in the stadium. And that's a conservative estimate.
According to the club we have 50,000 on the waiting list, so upping the capacity by 20,000 would present no problem in terms of selling the extra tickets.

West Ham are quite an attractive proposition to a buyer with limitless funds.
The club is in the PL.
The stadium offers plenty of opportunities, especially as the LLDC have literally fucked themselves.
G&S are willing to sell.
There's a large, success starved, fan base.
And, of course, there's the geography, transport links, iconic blah, blah, blah.
We just need some fucker with a £1billion burning a hole in his pocket. Though preferably not one with Korean automotive links.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Marco Boogers Boots

Post by Marco Boogers Boots » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:22 am

Neville Bartos wrote:
mkhammer wrote:Somebody,this bloke maybe might be sniffing around as potential investors/buyers but as I see it
the prob is..

It could pay off eventually. Lowering the pitch and re-angling the seating accordingly could increase overall capacity, or allow for more corporate boxes/areas.
Currently you've huge gaps between the moveable seating and the pitch, and the moveable seating and permanent seating.
Repurposed purely as a football stadium you could probably get upwards of 75000 in the stadium. And that's a conservative estimate.
According to the club we have 50,000 on the waiting list, so upping the capacity by 20,000 would present no problem in terms of selling the extra tickets.

The club is in the PL.
The stadium offers plenty of opportunities, especially as the LLDC have literally fucked themselves.
G&S are willing to sell.
And, of course, there's the geography, transport links, iconic blah, blah, blah.
We just need some fucker with a £1billion burning a hole in his pocket. Though preferably not one with Korean automotive links.
I could be wrong (surprising I know, but it has happened once before), but I'm pretty sure the pitch can't be lowered.

I believe it's to do with waste or something not far below the surface. I could google it, but I can't be arsed :lol:
0 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:31 am

Marco Boogers Boots wrote:
Neville Bartos wrote:

The club is in the PL.
G&S are willing to sell.
I could be wrong (surprising I know, but it has happened once before), but I'm pretty sure the pitch can't be lowered.

I believe it's to do with waste or something not far below the surface. I could google it, but I can't be arsed :i am genuinely amused:
My mum says where there's a will there's a way. A JCB and a lot of that stuff you line fish ponds with and Bob's your uncle.
I could solve the world's problems if I could be bothered.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Pennywise

Post by Pennywise » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:26 am

Neville Bartos wrote:
Marco Boogers Boots wrote:

I believe it's to do with waste or something not far below the surface. I could google it, but I can't be arsed :i am genuinely amused:
My mum says where there's a will there's a way. A JCB and a lot of that stuff you line fish ponds with and Bob's your uncle.
No, no, no, no, no, Bob is the Builder mate.
0 x

garnett

Post by garnett » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:35 am

I thought we had dodged this bullet, I believe our present 2 are nothing to this guy, he is playing with other peoples money, that makes him dangerous.
0 x

frogiron

Post by frogiron » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:40 am

Pennywise wrote:
Neville Bartos wrote:
No, no, no, no, no, Bob is the Builder mate.
No No
No No No No
No No No No

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
0 x
GTFOOOCYTPPOC

Social Media