Social media and the March Issues

Chat about anything football related here!
Romford

Social media and the March Issues

Post by Romford » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:08 am

Hasn't helped has it...

Given Wannabe Journos a postion they don't deserve, given plastics a pedestal and of course has helped turn the whole thing into a bloody circus.

Chuck in that the Websites, Associations and "Bloggers" have managed far less between them than 2 chaps everyone are slating.

I don't agree with how it has finished up....but i think KUMB, WHUISA and the SAB need to have a long hard look at themselves and ask how even RHWH come about.
0 x

tassiehammer

Re: Social media and the March Issues

Post by tassiehammer » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:14 am

Romford wrote:Hasn't helped has it...

Given Wannabe Journos a postion they don't deserve, given plastics a pedestal and of course has helped turn the whole thing into a bloody circus.

Chuck in that the Websites, Associations and "Bloggers" have managed far less between them than 2 chaps everyone are slating.

I don't agree with how it has finished up....but i think KUMB, WHUISA and the SAB need to have a long hard look at themselves and ask how even RHWH come about.
We turned into the circus not the journos. Board played us and made us look like mugs.
0 x

Ziffer

Post by Ziffer » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:24 am

Please, the overall plan is all so obvious now.

There was never any intention to march. It was all just a strategy to get build a broad social media following based on the fan's discontent.

Once that had been done by pushing the idea of a march a meeting was obtained to give the group a preception of credibiltiy and success.

At this point they thought the job was done so they could move forward with the real agenda which was turning the RWHFAG into a brand to flog memberships, badges and t-shirts. Let us not forget their website has a merchandise pages although I now doubt it will be "coming soon".

However, when they cancelled the march and the fans didn't stand down on their request they knew the game was up as whoever took up the mantle would contact the Police and Newham Council and find out that "no plans were in place". Newham's own words.

Hence Saturday's attempt to put the frightners on WHUISA.

The WHFTV video was as funny as it was interesting. Took me a while to work out what the slurping noise coming from under the table was and then I realised in was Nicky Hawkins noshing them off.
0 x

Romford

Post by Romford » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:25 am

tassiehammer wrote: We turned into the circus not the journos. Board played us and made us look like mugs.
By Wanabee Journo's i mean website owners...the ones that never even go to games

The board haven't played many i know of...we didn't dive into bed with anyone and have not dived into another straight after either.
0 x

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:56 am

Easy one to answer if we know the names of the original instigators of the group. Who was it who brought the groups together, who was the main spokesman. Who was responsible for organizing the authorities for the march? Who actually called off the march?
If I was Sullivan, and had all this talk and abuse going on what would I do?
I would look and choose one or two of the members who give it large and have some respect from hammers fans.
Invite them to my house, instruct them to bring all the groups together and act as the front man. And reward them financially with the promise of more to come if the march was called off.
Now the board have total control of the decisions of the group.
Let them go through all the motions of organizing whatever the groups wanted,
As the movement grew and the real threat was revealed call them down again to my house.
Tell them that the march now has to be called off before its too late.
Maybe pay them another little sweetener.
Instigate a meet with the group to look like we care, I don't need to be there, I will just send the bitch in to answer a few mundane questions.
Get the PR department to contact the media and tell them we have done or will do everything the fans have asked.
Send out a 5000 word statement, that actually promises fuck all.
Call off the march.....but the leaders I picked don't seem to have been able to totally control this.
Luckily we have the thug option.....call it in.
Job done...march is off....fans divided....groups divided
0 x

Romford

Post by Romford » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:20 pm

Ziffer wrote:Please, the overall plan is all so obvious now.

There was never any intention to march. It was all just a strategy to get build a broad social media following based on the fan's discontent.

Once that had been done by pushing the idea of a march a meeting was obtained to give the group a preception of credibiltiy and success.

At this point they thought the job was done so they could move forward with the real agenda which was turning the RWHFAG into a brand to flog memberships, badges and t-shirts. Let us not forget their website has a merchandise pages although I now doubt it will be "coming soon".

However, when they cancelled the march and the fans didn't stand down on their request they knew the game was up as whoever took up the mantle would contact the Police and Newham Council and find out that "no plans were in place". Newham's own words.

Hence Saturday's attempt to put the frightners on WHUISA.

The WHFTV video was as funny as it was interesting. Took me a while to work out what the slurping noise coming from under the table was and then I realised in was Nicky Hawkins noshing them off.
Well people met up with Plod up the smoke about the march...and i cannot see the individuals involved doing that just for some charade.

As for no plans in place....I personally had the dibble on the blower telling me that if a new March hadn't been arranged by last Friday night then it wasn't going to be a runner. I let the relevant people know....and they didn't get it sorted for whatever reason.

Think people are letting their imagination go wild .....
0 x

Romford

Post by Romford » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:25 pm

andyginbrasil wrote:Easy one to answer if we know the names of the original instigators of the group. Who was it who brought the groups together, who was the main spokesman. Who was responsible for organizing the authorities for the march? Who actually called off the march?
If I was Sullivan, and had all this talk and abuse going on what would I do?
I would look and choose one or two of the members who give it large and have some respect from hammers fans.
Invite them to my house, instruct them to bring all the groups together and act as the front man. And reward them financially with the promise of more to come if the march was called off.
Now the board have total control of the decisions of the group.
Let them go through all the motions of organizing whatever the groups wanted,
As the movement grew and the real threat was revealed call them down again to my house.
Tell them that the march now has to be called off before its too late.
Maybe pay them another little sweetener.
Instigate a meet with the group to look like we care, I don't need to be there, I will just send the bitch in to answer a few mundane questions.
Get the PR department to contact the media and tell them we have done or will do everything the fans have asked.
Send out a 5000 word statement, that actually promises fuck all.
Call off the march.....but the leaders I picked don't seem to have been able to totally control this.
Luckily we have the thug option.....call it in.
Job done...march is off....fans divided....groups divided
So why did anyone have to bring the groups together ?

How many meets do the "Social Media" side need to arrange anything....

RWHAG only got going because of these people not being able to sort anything.

As for the RWHAG.....they have shown their shortcomings big time but have at least tried to do something.
0 x

Ziffer

Post by Ziffer » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:30 pm

Romford wrote: Think people are letting their imagination go wild .....
From a bloke who got banned from KUMB when he came off his meds and had a mental breakdown over Dr Who...

Ok fella, you keep keeping on.
0 x

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:32 pm

Welcome to the forum both Romford and Ziffa.

What has become abundantly clear over the last weeks is just how rotten the club is.

I was verging on the belief that it was incompetence but there is an awareness from the major shareholder in all of this that is quite worrying. Also the scale of even the most recent lies (explained by Nigel in his video) by David Gold show the whole takeover for what many suspected it was.

My problem with the march was never the protest itself, I just didn't believe that it went far enough. Many may have been appeased by a promise to look at the badge, rename a bridge and get some flags but it was all peripheral stuff to me.

A fit for purpose stadium with close seating, proper transfer dealings and next level football was what we were promised and that's what the protests should have been about. The requests/demands were easy to agree to and let the club off the hook, it's an opportunity lost.
0 x

Romford

Post by Romford » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:35 pm

IMHO...if all the "Social Media" groups had got their act together...there would never have been a need for Andy and Mickey to even get involved.

Now to see them all trying to save face, especially KUMB, it all seems rather childish and pathetic.

There are huge issues here...they wrongly (IMHO) got first bite of the cherry and didn't do anything.

If Micky and Andy hadn't got fed up with the lack of action...there would have been no RWHAG and no march.

Hence my feelings towards the Social Media side (as he writes on a forum) ;)
0 x

Social Media