Social media and the March Issues

Chat about anything football related here!
User avatar
ToneLoc
Posts: 6571
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:21 pm

Re: Social media and the March Issues

Postby ToneLoc » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:49 pm

Newmarket wrote:
ToneLoc wrote:http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=132251

Plenty on Twitter Tone

Not one Twatter Tim.

I had no idea that a few more were going ahead still.
Fair play to em all. A long shot still but hopefully it'll help galvanise the large majority that wanted none of the polarised bollocks that we've been witnessing.
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

User avatar
cockneyhammer
Posts: 4266
Joined: Thu May 26, 2016 8:17 pm
Location: we are all we got we are all we need

Re: Social media and the March Issues

Postby cockneyhammer » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:06 pm

Image
Image
Image
Image
1 x

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 5465
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm

Re: Social media and the March Issues

Postby Whiskyman » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:03 pm

Romford wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:
I think the point is that they had no obligation to go to the meeting. The general feeling seems to be that the march should have taken place to demonstrate the strength of feeling. Although reading the comments from Newham Council it looks as if there was never any official plan for a march.

Massive cock up all round imo.


Thats cobblers...I do know that for a fact.

The plod had even allocated extra coppers to police it...


What bit is cobblers ? No one had to attend any meeting before the march, I think that can be taken as fact. The bit about permission for the march is where there seems to be some difference of opinion but the story that's now reached the mainstream media is that Newham council had received no details. Whether they did or not I'm fucked if I know. It was also the subject of a discussion on Talk Sport earlier today. Didn't hear any of the phone ins because I was driving to see my grandson play and the program had finished by the time I was back in the car.

What is certain is that the whole thing has been a total let down for many people.
0 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 5465
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm

Re: Social media and the March Issues

Postby Whiskyman » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:09 pm

tassiehammer wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:
I think the point is that they had no obligation to go to the meeting. The general feeling seems to be that the march should have taken place to demonstrate the strength of feeling. Although reading the comments from Newham Council it looks as if there was never any official plan for a march.

Massive cock up all round imo.

Well they shouldn't have gone then and just marched. Thats what the ordinary fans wanted and expected. Sully played the organisers like an Irish fiddle and came out trumps.


Totally agree. Which is why I guess the OP is saying the board did nothing. They invited people to a meeting, no one needed to go to it, the march could have taken place because, as you say, that's what the majority appeared to want. By attending the meeting I think they handed the advantage to the dwarf.
1 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

User avatar
Romford
Posts: 411
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:24 am

Re: Social media and the March Issues

Postby Romford » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:41 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Romford wrote:
Thats cobblers...I do know that for a fact.

The plod had even allocated extra coppers to police it...


What bit is cobblers ? No one had to attend any meeting before the march, I think that can be taken as fact. The bit about permission for the march is where there seems to be some difference of opinion but the story that's now reached the mainstream media is that Newham council had received no details. Whether they did or not I'm fucked if I know. It was also the subject of a discussion on Talk Sport earlier today. Didn't hear any of the phone ins because I was driving to see my grandson play and the program had finished by the time I was back in the car.

What is certain is that the whole thing has been a total let down for many people.


Sorry mate...i didn't put myself across well.

I do know that the march was definatly going ahead...and could have been re-routed 2 Fridays ago. This Newham council malarkey is a smokescreen.

If WHUISA had got their arse in gear they had plenty of time to sort something...and didn't for whatever reason
0 x

User avatar
Romford
Posts: 411
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:24 am

Re: Social media and the March Issues

Postby Romford » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:44 am

Mikeveep wrote:Romford,I'm uncomfortable with the way you are using this platform to complain about KUMB. A lot of people have a high regard for that Site,but don't want to be drawn into a discussion of it's merits,or otherwise.

Not the place,mate.


Im on a social media thread....im having a pop at all sites.

Just so happens they are the most guilty at the moment...IMHO of course
0 x

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 5465
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm

Re: Social media and the March Issues

Postby Whiskyman » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:45 am

Romford wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:
What bit is cobblers ? No one had to attend any meeting before the march, I think that can be taken as fact. The bit about permission for the march is where there seems to be some difference of opinion but the story that's now reached the mainstream media is that Newham council had received no details. Whether they did or not I'm fucked if I know. It was also the subject of a discussion on Talk Sport earlier today. Didn't hear any of the phone ins because I was driving to see my grandson play and the program had finished by the time I was back in the car.

What is certain is that the whole thing has been a total let down for many people.


Sorry mate...i didn't put myself across well.

I do know that the march was definatly going ahead...and could have been re-routed 2 Fridays ago. This Newham council malarkey is a smokescreen.

If WHUISA had got their arse in gear they had plenty of time to sort something...and didn't for whatever reason


No apology necessary mate. You probably know more about the ins and outs of what's going on than I do. Just that the noises from Newham Council seemed to suggest no route plan had been received. Water under the bridge now anyway.

Be lucky, ;)
0 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 5465
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm

Re: Social media and the March Issues

Postby Whiskyman » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:52 am

Mikeveep wrote:Romford,I'm uncomfortable with the way you are using this platform to complain about KUMB. A lot of people have a high regard for that Site,but don't want to be drawn into a discussion of it's merits,or otherwise.

Not the place,mate.


Is criticising another forum any different to criticising the club or individual players ? KUMB is a social media platform in the public domain and as such is subject to scrutiny.

I've criticised it myself in the past and no longer visit it. I was actually suspended for suggesting that so called ITK's (a protected species there apparently) could be given points for info that proved correct so people could see who was genuinely ITK and who were the fanny merchants.

The bloke who suspended me works in local government. Enough said imo. ;)
0 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

User avatar
Romford
Posts: 411
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:24 am

Re: Social media and the March Issues

Postby Romford » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:26 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Is criticising another forum any different to criticising the club or individual players ? KUMB is a social media platform in the public domain and as such is subject to scrutiny.

I've criticised it myself in the past and no longer visit it. I was actually suspended for suggesting that so called ITK's (a protected species there apparently) could be given points for info that proved correct so people could see who was genuinely ITK and who were the fanny merchants.

The bloke who suspended me works in local government. Enough said imo. ;)


I was drinking with KUMBs no2 last night...he is one of my closest mates.He actually goes to games, is an away season ticket holder and doesn't own a bond.

He knows my thoughts...and i tell him what i think in the pub. I wish all people dealt with others on the internet like that.

Where should we talk about any websites shortcomings...they wont let you do it on KUMB, thats for sure. Many have tried and all have failed.

When people realise that they are always accountable...this world will be a better place.
0 x

User avatar
Romford
Posts: 411
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:24 am

Re: Social media and the March Issues

Postby Romford » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:29 am

Whiskyman wrote:
No apology necessary mate. You probably know more about the ins and outs of what's going on than I do. Just that the noises from Newham Council seemed to suggest no route plan had been received. Water under the bridge now anyway.

Be lucky, ;)


To be honest mate...I wish i didn't know so much.

Some of my best mates are at loggerheads over this....and being stuck in the middle is no fun.

The Noises from Newham Council are a smokescreen...that i do know as a fact and a bit of a cop out.

I wish it wasn't...
0 x


Return to “Football Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BlackDiamond, Dicksies Diner, jhammers, Oziron, Taansend, ZP Hammer and 31 guests