Chelsea vs West Ham Match Thread (Streams in 1st post)

Chat about anything football related here!
hamstew

Re: Chelsea vs West Ham Match Thread

Post by hamstew » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:06 am

Although the problem being for Antonio starting there is that Feghouli will start ahead of him because I have to admit I like this fella and from what I have seen of him and heard about him I think he will be lethal in that position. I think he may well turn out to be one of the signings (bargain signings anyway) for this season, fingers crossed.

Saying all that Antonio would make a very good like for like if he is sitting on the bench, which I am not too sure he would like that.
0 x

cmon westaaaaaaam

Post by cmon westaaaaaaam » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:12 am

hamstew wrote:
cmon westaaaaaaam wrote:Sorry not a west ham fan but trying to choose between byram and Masuaku for my dream team, why do any of you think that byram will start above antonio at RB when antonio started all the games at the end of last season?
It's more hope than anything else that Bilic sees the error of his ways and puts Byram at RB and puts Antonio on the right wing but we all know really that deep down he will not do this.

Ok thanks thats what i thought, byram will have to play LB for the Europa qualifiers anyway as Masuaku is cup tied so my guess will be he puts antonio RB for these games too and byram will be cover for LB and RB in the prem?
0 x

BlackDiamond

Re: Chelsea vs West Ham Match Preview & New Guest

Post by BlackDiamond » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:14 pm

Gonzo wrote:
westsideboy wrote:Good preview once again, I am going to be the doom and gloom man here, I can see us slipping up at the Bridge and conceding our mandatory 2 goals and getting done 3-1 in the end.
I am worried by our defence and Chelsea will target Antonio for sure, but I hope I am wrong and I would be more than happy with a point.

Conte is a shrewd coach and will undoubtedly set Hazard against Antonio and I think it could get a bit embarrassing.
We need to show the rest of the league, that the Olympian Hammers can do the biz away from their Olympian fortress.
Otherwise,people will start writing us off and tweeting snide comments which can be really hurtful.
0 x

westsideboy

Post by westsideboy » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:49 pm

Noni wrote:
westsideboy wrote:Good preview once again, I am going to be the doom and gloom man here, I can see us slipping up at the Bridge and conceding our mandatory 2 goals and getting done 3-1 in the end.
I am worried by our defence and Chelsea will target Antonio for sure, but I hope I am wrong and I would be more than happy with a point.

What's wrong with our defence?.... :)
Nothing major,just the defending part.
0 x

deanox

Post by deanox » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:41 pm

Chelski's defense will definitely give us a chance as will ours probably give them one.
Head says 2-2 heart says 3-1 to the Hammers.
COYI
0 x
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

IRON-MAN ⚒

Post by IRON-MAN ⚒ » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:08 am

would be happy with a point away at the scumbags
0 x
BA14 TO E13 SINCE 85. whufc_crest

belfasthammer

Post by belfasthammer » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:21 am

Agree with comments Chelsea will be up for this . As others have said if defence holds up with have a chance. First games are very unpredictable just like pre-season results so it is harder to predict how all the ga whufc_crest mes will go Record at Chelsea is poor so would take a 1-1
0 x

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:25 pm

If we start with Antonio at RB and Feghouli wide right, I'm genuinely worried Azpilicueta and Hazard will tear us a new one. Antonio simply isn't a right back and we can't rely on Feghouli to help with defensive duties. I'm hoping Byram starts at full back and Antonio is played in his recognised position. We need to get in to Fabregas early as well as he pulls all the strings and we tend to set up allowing the oppos plenty of space in midfield - He'll pick us apart at will if allow him space.

We've conceded at least 2 goals in 8 of our last 10 games, which is alarming to say the least. Head says a mollifying 4-0 heart says 1-1. Worried I am, just like I was last season against the Gooners...
0 x
Rounding to the nearest whole numbers makes them pointless.

doughboy

Post by doughboy » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:31 am

We will ream them out...

Plastiques...0 - 4 Cockneyboys.
0 x
God save the Queen...
Coz tourists are MONEY...!!!

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:00 pm

hamstew wrote:Although the problem being for Antonio starting there is that Feghouli will start ahead of him because I have to admit I like this fella and from what I have seen of him and heard about him I think he will be lethal in that position. I think he may well turn out to be one of the signings (bargain signings anyway) for this season, fingers crossed.

Saying all that Antonio would make a very good like for like if he is sitting on the bench, which I am not too sure he would like that.
I half agree with this mate in that yes you're right to be very optimistic about Feghouli but not sure I agree about him starting as a RM in front of Antonio.
Antonio has already proved himself to be lethal whereas Feghouli clearly shows the potential to be.
It's a long-hard season so rotating them in that position to keep fresh and full of energy would be my preference.

That's if Slav removes his Antonio blindfold of course.
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

Social Media