are the board gona listen and move on ?

Chat about anything football related here!
mkhammer

Re: are the board gona listen and move on ?

Postby mkhammer » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:36 pm

Newmarket wrote:
mkhammer wrote:There's people that seem to think all is Happy in Boardworld...it's not trust me.. I know
they're pretty thick-skinned but no-ones that thick-skinned....

Few more bricks tumbled yesterday.....all about the long game...

I reckon Ms Brady wont be with us next year,must have better gigs than this she can do..
Hopefully without her,Mr Sullivan will get Pissed off having to do his own dirty work...

It'll happen give it time.......just gotta find someone with 350 mill or so now,double
that if they want the Iconic........... :i am genuinely amused:

All gets a bit more complicated if we drop .......Red Bull would pull any interest as well..

Really ? What makes you say that ? They bought Leipzig when they were a third division club .

Yeah maybe your right,my thought was, it's all about the Advertising with Red Bull,and thought
us dropping outta the Prem would put them off......
1 x

terrya1965

Postby terrya1965 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:11 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
IRON-MAN ⚒ wrote:after yesterdays scenes directed at the board do you think they are thinking time is up and we need to get out of here? ;) whufc_crest

No. Anyone who thinks anything good will come out of yesterday's events is a couple of olives short of a pizza imo.

Something has to change though.It can`t continue like this.
0 x

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:15 pm

terrya1965 wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:
No. Anyone who thinks anything good will come out of yesterday's events is a couple of olives short of a pizza imo.

I beg to differ Tel . Security will be tightened . Stewarding will be miraculously overhauled in the next 3 weeks maybe and Old Bill will be itching to get in there but it WILL continue like this ....
Until they are gone . The Bluenoses showed the way .
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

hammerwell75

Postby hammerwell75 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:46 pm

Wrong or right , least the trouble gave more entertainment than the game / games over recent weeks . Worth paying just to see the board get their comeuppance ...... whufc_crest
0 x

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:22 pm

Newmarket wrote:
terrya1965 wrote:

I beg to differ Tel . Security will be tightened . Stewarding will be miraculously overhauled in the next 3 weeks maybe and Old Bill will be itching to get in there but it WILL continue like this ....
Until they are gone . The Bluenoses showed the way .

The irony of them trying so hard to stop the march and yet now the mainstream media are all over them far more than they would've been had the march gone ahead.

After the collapse of the march and the subsequent fall out, a few of us said there would be still be more twists to come.
There most certainly were and they'll be plenty more.

Those who said how Sulli and Co had "played a blinder" might just want to hold onto those words a bit longer.
3 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:38 pm

As you say a decent read. But again too much emphasis on the stadium move.

Like it or not the stadium move has happened. It can't un happen. Concentrate on the bigger picture, the overall mismanagement, including the lack of promised adaptations to the stadium, which is a far more important issue than the move itself and, had they been carried out, would have prevented much of the earlier (last season) unrest.
0 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:48 pm

mkhammer wrote:There's people that seem to think all is Happy in Boardworld...it's not trust me.. I know
they're pretty thick-skinned but no-ones that thick-skinned....

Few more bricks tumbled yesterday.....all about the long game...

I reckon Ms Brady wont be with us next year,must have better gigs than this she can do..
Hopefully without her,Mr Sullivan will get Pissed off having to do his own dirty work...

It'll happen give it time.......just gotta find someone with 350 mill or so now,double
that if they want the Iconic........... :i am genuinely amused:

All gets a bit more complicated if we drop .......Red Bull would pull any interest as well..

If we drop ? The only thing that can save this club going to hell in a handcart are those teams that are proving themselves to be even more clueless than we are and are below us in the table. The last time I recall seeing nutters run onto the pitch, instead of venting their frustrations and anger at the board, was during the bond scheme fiasco. And the result then was eventual relegation. Imo the same will happen this time.

Protest in front of the directors box, or outside the ground in fron of the TV cameras, but NEVER ever encroach onto the pitch. Apart from anything else I don't want the fucking obscene amount of tax I've paid during my lifetime to be used paying for your accomodation in one of HM's finest hostelries for a month or two.
0 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

Neville Bartos

Postby Neville Bartos » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:55 pm

Well it doesn't look like all of the media is going to toe the boards line.
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 87041.html
2 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

jhammers

Postby jhammers » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:28 am

I didn't go to the game but watching the events unfold and seeing the fans uniting against the board, made me a proud hammer. Especially after all the mess in recent weeks.

I am so glad these songs/chants/protests happened. whufc_crest
0 x

Brookbonds73

Postby Brookbonds73 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:23 am

Neville Bartos wrote:Well it doesn't look like all of the media is going to toe the boards line.
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 87041.html

Fuck me. Someone's on our side for once!
I remember that day at the old ground very well, the police being absolutely powerless to stop that protest and brown being ushered away.
And Billy Bonds having to address the fans from the west side, telling us he knew how we felt and we'd only get in more trouble if we stayed on the pitch. People respected Bills wishes and left peacefully in the end, but the seeds had been sewn. The Bond scheme died there and then that day.

A most enjoyable read that, and a trip down memory lane. Well done.
0 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Return to “Football Talk”