are the board gona listen and move on ?

Chat about anything football related here!
mkhammer

Re: are the board gona listen and move on ?

Postby mkhammer » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:06 am

Whiskyman wrote:
mkhammer wrote:There's people that seem to think all is Happy in Boardworld...it's not trust me.. I know
they're pretty thick-skinned but no-ones that thick-skinned....

Few more bricks tumbled yesterday.....all about the long game...

I reckon Ms Brady wont be with us next year,must have better gigs than this she can do..
Hopefully without her,Mr Sullivan will get Pissed off having to do his own dirty work...

It'll happen give it time.......just gotta find someone with 350 mill or so now,double
that if they want the Iconic........... :i am genuinely amused:

All gets a bit more complicated if we drop .......Red Bull would pull any interest as well..

If we drop ? The only thing that can save this club going to hell in a handcart are those teams that are proving themselves to be even more clueless than we are and are below us in the table. The last time I recall seeing nutters run onto the pitch, instead of venting their frustrations and anger at the board, was during the bond scheme fiasco. And the result then was eventual relegation. Imo the same will happen this time.

Protest in front of the directors box, or outside the ground in fron of the TV cameras, but NEVER ever encroach onto the pitch. Apart from anything else I don't want the fucking obscene amount of tax I've paid during my lifetime to be used paying for your accomodation in one of HM's finest hostelries for a month or two.

I wasn't to happy with what happened inside the ground mate if I'm honest,and have banged on..
here a few times and to mates.....Protest if you want,but at all times keep it outside the
ground,I'm not on about the pitch,but the whole ground....
Sir Trev summed it up perfectly for me.

Protests inside the ground we WILL drop....nailed on...
Keep it outside....50/50 at the moment...

Me personally would let it all drop for the time being...(job has been partially done in my eyes)
lets concentrate on keeping the TEAM up....

But put something together for the last home game.......Dropping or not......
Walk out for the last 10/15 mins......a Walk/March around the Stadium....We've got all this
public land around stadium,should find a way of utilising it....maybe...
0 x

Baddowhammer

Postby Baddowhammer » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:31 am

Newmarket wrote:
IRON-MAN ⚒ wrote:
What made me more upset was a LEGEND MR TREVOR BROOKING just sat there on his own fucking disgrace.

Yeah what’s your problem with that . Nothing was aimed at him and he is West Ham enough to realise that .

He was never in danger and he knew it .

And a lovely time he had too,poor bloke had a tear in his eye,would you have wrote this if one misdirected coin had hit Sir Trev. COYI
0 x

Baddowhammer

Postby Baddowhammer » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:39 am

I think there strategy has changed asset stripping then a sell,rather than build the club up before taking the top bid,I think they've realised that will make them the most,come on they've already started preparing for the Championship by buying Hughill. COYI
0 x

terrya1965

Postby terrya1965 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:56 am

Brookbonds73 wrote:
Neville Bartos wrote:Well it doesn't look like all of the media is going to toe the boards line.
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 87041.html

Fuck me. Someone's on our side for once!
I remember that day at the old ground very well, the police being absolutely powerless to stop that protest and brown being ushered away.
And Billy Bonds having to address the fans from the west side, telling us he knew how we felt and we'd only get in more trouble if we stayed on the pitch. People respected Bills wishes and left peacefully in the end, but the seeds had been sewn. The Bond scheme died there and then that day.

A most enjoyable read that, and a trip down memory lane. Well done.

I was apart of that,that day and let`s be honest if Social media would have been around then our ground probably would have been closed down.Saturday`s stuff was nothing in comparison to back then.
0 x

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:30 pm

Baddowhammer wrote:
Newmarket wrote:Yeah what’s your problem with that . Nothing was aimed at him and he is West Ham enough to realise that .

He was never in danger and he knew it .

And a lovely time he had too,poor bloke had a tear in his eye,would you have wrote this if one misdirected coin had hit Sir Trev. COYI

It wouldn’t have . He was sitting nowhere near Sullivan .

The fact that he stayed said to me that he knew where the venom was directed .
0 x

Dwayne Pipes

Postby Dwayne Pipes » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:22 pm

Old Trev looked to have a wry smile on his face if you ask me.
0 x

brookingslovechild

Postby brookingslovechild » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:31 pm

mkhammer wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:
If we drop ? The only thing that can save this club going to hell in a handcart are those teams that are proving themselves to be even more clueless than we are and are below us in the table. The last time I recall seeing nutters run onto the pitch, instead of venting their frustrations and anger at the board, was during the bond scheme fiasco. And the result then was eventual relegation. Imo the same will happen this time.

Protest in front of the directors box, or outside the ground in fron of the TV cameras, but NEVER ever encroach onto the pitch. Apart from anything else I don't want the fucking obscene amount of tax I've paid during my lifetime to be used paying for your accomodation in one of HM's finest hostelries for a month or two.

I wasn't to happy with what happened inside the ground mate if I'm honest,and have banged on..
here a few times and to mates.....Protest if you want,but at all times keep it outside the
ground,I'm not on about the pitch,but the whole ground....
Sir Trev summed it up perfectly for me.

Protests inside the ground we WILL drop....nailed on...
Keep it outside....50/50 at the moment...

Me personally would let it all drop for the time being...(job has been partially done in my eyes)
lets concentrate on keeping the TEAM up....

But put something together for the last home game.......Dropping or not......
Walk out for the last 10/15 mins......a Walk/March around the Stadium....We've got all this
public land around stadium,should find a way of utilising it....maybe...

goodpost:)

and as Martin Samuels say
'The most far-fetched idea is that the board should sell up. To who, exactly? Anyone in the market for an angry hornets' nest? '
0 x

palerider

Postby palerider » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:36 pm

I'm not condoning what happened one bit. But I can see why it happened. Some peoples' lives are their football clubs, their bit of escapism. I'm a bit long in the tooth for that now and whatever happens I'll have my memories of being at Wembley for two FA Cup wins. No-one can take that away from me.

Will Saturday, or worse, have any bearing on the dwarf's plans ? I doubt it. But the whole shitfest is of his making, nobody else's.

He did what a lot of us do, and I've been guilty at times myself.

Getting something on the cheap. Only when I pay for printer ink that's not what it claims to be, I've only lost a fiver and haven't ruined reputations and lives.

I don't know him, obviously. But if he isn't a nasty little parasite only interested in feathering his nest, then I'm Pope Gregory the 14th.

Martin Samuel's piece is true enough. Who will buy us ? At least at the price the grubby turd will want.

Like Moses we face years in the wilderness. I hope it won't be 40 of them until we see the promised land.

But like Moses, I fucking hope the stunted cunt never sets foot in it.
1 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

Brookbonds73

Postby Brookbonds73 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:03 pm

palerider wrote:I'm not condoning what happened one bit. But I can see why it happened. Some peoples' lives are their football clubs, their bit of escapism. I'm a bit long in the tooth for that now and whatever happens I'll have my memories of being at Wembley for two FA Cup wins. No-one can take that away from me.

Will Saturday, or worse, have any bearing on the dwarf's plans ? I doubt it. But the whole shitfest is of his making, nobody else's.

Getting something on the cheap. Only when I pay for printer ink that's not what it claims to be, I've only lost a fiver and haven't ruined reputations and lives.

I don't know him, obviously. But if he isn't a nasty little parasite only interested in feathering his nest, then I'm Pope Gregory the 14th.

Martin Samuel's piece is true enough. Who will buy us ? At least at the price the grubby turd will want.

Like Moses we face years in the wilderness. I hope it won't be 40 of them until we see the promised land.

Can you lend him your pope mobile, I've heard rumours it's bullet proof. :twisted:
0 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:10 pm

palerider wrote:I'm not condoning what happened one bit. But I can see why it happened. Some peoples' lives are their football clubs, their bit of escapism. I'm a bit long in the tooth for that now and whatever happens I'll have my memories of being at Wembley for two FA Cup wins. No-one can take that away from me.

On a point of order your holiness (is that the correct form of address when one is speaking to a Pontiff ?) Moses has not gone into the wilderness.

In fact since his fairly productive loan season with us he seems to have becaome almost a regular at Chelsea. Although I suspect after the Barcelona game on Wednesday he may have to wait a little longer for the promised land.
0 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

Return to “Football Talk”