West Ham: Evening Standard

Chat about anything football related here!
eskimo joe

Re: West Ham: Evening Standard

Postby eskimo joe » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:33 am

ToneLoc wrote:
eskimo joe wrote:Thanks for that CH, where's the BOTD.

Ah it was Woo. Seriously though, good to read a a story that hasn't hidden things and not lambasted or condoned what happened on Saturday.

Question is, was the incident the catalyst for actually getting out a well written article.

It absolutely was imo.
As are the countless other pieces that are all over mainstream media now...... with the large majority of them criticising the board as the ultimate root cause of all of these problems.

If I were in this week's meeting with the board and LLDC etc when Sullivan chirped up about extra policing......I would have said.... "it appears Mr Sullivan that yourself and your deputies are the central focus of this ire and anger so perhaps for the common good you should consider staying away from the final home games".

But of course, what does Sullivan know about the "common good"?

I think so also. A wave can be formed from a tiny ripple.
0 x
A good person does things in silence, others strive to be seen as good so scream out their deeds.

mkhammer

Postby mkhammer » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:57 am

whu wrote:
mkhammer wrote:A great piece.........Really impressed/shocked with some of the media attention,most,well a lot of
it seems in our favour.....

Does anyone know who the guy with the flag is,I'm pretty certain I know,but not 100%
so don't want to say a name,but if it's who I think it is.....
We need to get together,and make sure he doesn't get a ban,because this guy is as West Ham
as you'll ever get.....

And I Would be prepared to stay away for a game to support him....

Edit...
Had a look..it is the guy I'm thinking of,like I say we need to back him,don't know the other
guys so can't speak for them

yes, we know he is :i am genuinely amused: whufc_crest

Need to let the Club know,high highly he is thought of by us,before they think of any
stupid life bans or whatever........don't want it to seem like a threat,just a word in their ear
if you like..... :D

It wasJust a passionate heat of the moment thing......
0 x

Neville Bartos

Postby Neville Bartos » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:28 am

Well this media condemnation of the fans doesn't seem to be going quite to plan.

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/bl ... d-williams

Sullivan must be wishing a brick had hit him.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

mkhammer

Postby mkhammer » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:07 am

Neville Bartos wrote:Well this media condemnation of the fans doesn't seem to be going quite to plan.

Always disliked the Majority of our Football media (all media come to that.. :lol: )

But have to Admit there's been some very Knowledgeable well written fair articles,going around...
1 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:25 am

Oziron wrote:It's no secret who he is...plenty of stories out there. He's a recent member on here and was very pro march. Hope he get's supported by the WHU family cos it looks like he's gonna get a hefty fine.

Out of all the demos last Saturday this one was the most significant imho.... whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Don't get that argument at all tbh. Protest by all means, but do it in a legal manner. The demo in front of the directors box, whilst not everyone's cup of tea, was a perfectly legitimate expression of discontent. Running onto the pitch and stopping the game, irrespective of whether it affected the result or not, was both irresponsible and downright stupid. And to the uninitiated would not have been seen as a protest against the board but against the team on the pitch.

What was the bloke hoping to actually achieve ? The overall dissatisfaction with the board, which in a nutshell is what the protests are about, was very apparent without some numpty making a solo protest. Maybe he wanted a bit of notoriety. The club he supports will probably face a hefty fne because of his, and the others who went onto the pitch, actions. The next game may have to be played behind closed doors, or with part of the ground closed. Will he reimburse those fans who will be deprived of seeing their team play a match they have already paid for ?

FFS this was no spotty kid just out of scholl. He appears to be someone in his 60's or 70's who should know there are better ways of making a point. The bloke who made the banner about creating a storm and being pissed off when it rains had it bang to rights imo. The blokes who ran onto the pitch in my book are simply attention seekers.

No doubt, as we live in a free country, there will probably be an appeal for people to pay his fine. People will probably contribute, as is their right. But FFS, I think some people need to grow up.
0 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:34 am

Neville Bartos wrote:Well this media condemnation of the fans doesn't seem to be going quite to plan.

The most telling line of that particularly good piece is this one imo.

Had the team built on the promise of the last season at Upton Park, when Slaven Bilic guided them to seventh place in the Premier League, there would have been no scenes like those witnessed last Saturday.
1 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

Neville Bartos

Postby Neville Bartos » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:16 pm

mkhammer wrote:

Always disliked the Majority of our Football media (all media come to that.. :i am genuinely amused: )

But have to Admit there's been some very Knowledgeable well written fair articles,going around...

Yeah. Whilst Sullivan and co might be able to manipulate certain fan sites and blogs into demonising the discontented, I think some in the wider media can see the bigger picture.
2 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

whu

Postby whu » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:25 am

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/west ... -0h60m9d23

boom

let's keep this train rolling .......... whufc_crest
0 x
Land based game. Pass and move. Simple.
Want a launching? Try NASA or Firework night.
We're West Ham. It's what we want. Now and always. Amen.

grandad

Postby grandad » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:29 am

The juggernaut is in gear and rolling.

It's going to be unstoppable this keeps on.

Keep up the good work guys and gals.
0 x
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:31 am

So far they've hit back with the back-page headliner of a "price freeze on season tickets".
...... and they're still involved in an expensive legal battle because they can't have their 66000 seats.

I didn't realise Barnsley bring so many away fans?
1 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

Return to “Football Talk”