It won’t happen......

Chat about anything football related here!
Romford

Re: It won’t happen......

Post by Romford » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:22 am

h69 wrote:
Security yes needs improving but when people want to get on the pitch they will.....they always managed at UP.

As far as our support.....many are decent people but as in life mate, there are some idiots out there and unfortunately they sometimes look like they represent us.

Our support is a problem though.....every little issue, our fans seem to turn on themselves....remember the standing issue last year...fans fighting with other fans when its the govt that set the law on standing.
If you've been to as many away games as you say...you'd know our security is by far the worst out there.

Our support is not the problem though....the problem is the people that have abused that support.

I had the hump with the pitch invaders...still do, but at least i can understand Bubbles with the flag as he has done the miles and I cannot tell him how to behave.

One of my good friends in his 70s ended up in Whipps Cross trying to stop a fight on Saturday...so i have more reason than most to be angry....but sadly i'm not surprised any of this has happened and these are the reactions of people that have been cornered into a explosive position.

As for fans turning on themselves...i saw far more punch-ups every home game when Curbs or Sam the Coward was in charge.
0 x

h69

Post by h69 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:24 am

To be fair.....whilst I do think that if a group of blokes think that running onto a pitch with a sheet of A4 in their hands and wrestling with the captain of the team they pertain to support is going to achieve anything positive then they are deluded, I also think that a lot of the pent up aggression was due to people having been so excited over wanting to march.I think that people were starting to actually believe that it would have an effect having built up so much excitement over it.
Of course marches basically achieve nothing. The board know the fans dont like them so then what ? A march would also have been a waste of time. For me all our fans are doing is putting off any future ownership. I still remember that working class banner about being started by the working class (wrong) and being ruined by the rich.
0 x

Romford

Post by Romford » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:25 am

h69 wrote:
Depends what happened to them.....didnt see anyone get hit but I would not condone that. But they deserved some verbals for sure. I am sure the blokes that they ran up next to gave them some.
One got sparked out...the other a couple of digs.

Their invasions were pre-meditated...and totally out of order and they paid for it.

Is that good or bad in your book ?
0 x

h69

Post by h69 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:26 am

Romford wrote:
h69 wrote:
Security yes needs improving but when people want to get on the pitch they will.....they always managed at UP.

As far as our support.....many are decent people but as in life mate, there are some idiots out there and unfortunately they sometimes look like they represent us.

Our support is a problem though.....every little issue, our fans seem to turn on themselves....remember the standing issue last year...fans fighting with other fans when its the govt that set the law on standing.
If you've been to as many away games as you say...you'd know our security is by far the worst out there.

Our support is not the problem though....the problem is the people that have abused that support.

I had the hump with the pitch invaders...still do, but at least i can understand Bubbles with the flag as he has done the miles and I cannot tell him how to behave.

One of my good friends in his 70s ended up in Whipps Cross trying to stop a fight on Saturday...so i have more reason than most to be angry....but sadly i'm not surprised any of this has happened and these are the reactions of people that have been cornered into a explosive position.

As for fans turning on themselves...i saw far more punch-ups every home game when Curbs or Sam the Coward was in charge.
I'm sure the security IS the worst but you would not need it if the fans behaved.

Anyway, an eloquent response mate. I just see the club eating itself from the inside outwards. They are cornered but lets be honest, it IS a game, we ARE adults and it should never get to this.
0 x

Romford

Post by Romford » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:28 am

h69 wrote:To be fair.....whilst I do think that if a group of blokes think that running onto a pitch with a sheet of A4 in their hands and wrestling with the captain of the team they pertain to support is going to achieve anything positive then they are deluded, I also think that a lot of the pent up aggression was due to people having been so excited over wanting to march.I think that people were starting to actually believe that it would have an effect having built up so much excitement over it.
Of course marches basically achieve nothing. The board know the fans dont like them so then what ? A march would also have been a waste of time. For me all our fans are doing is putting off any future ownership. I still remember that working class banner about being started by the working class (wrong) and being ruined by the rich.
So what has cancelling marches achieved...

Why have the Chairmen done everything possible to get the march cancelled ??

You seem to prefer a different approach.....good time to tell
0 x

h69

Post by h69 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:29 am

Romford wrote:
h69 wrote:
Depends what happened to them.....didnt see anyone get hit but I would not condone that. But they deserved some verbals for sure. I am sure the blokes that they ran up next to gave them some.
One got sparked out...the other a couple of digs.

Their invasions were pre-meditated...and totally out of order and they paid for it.

Is that good or bad in your book ?
They should pay any fine the club gets and get banned.....that would be good in my book. While I was crazy angry with them, I dont condone anyone hitting anyone, let alone their own fans.....tell them they are idiots by all means but people need to control themselves and keep their fists at bay....hardly makes for a safe stadia regardless of stewards.
0 x

Romford

Post by Romford » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:34 am

h69 wrote:
I'm sure the security IS the worst but you would not need it if the fans behaved.

Anyway, an eloquent response mate. I just see the club eating itself from the inside outwards. They are cornered but lets be honest, it IS a game, we ARE adults and it should never get to this.
The last few seasons at The Boleyn...there was not one copper inside the ground. Away fans coaches were parked behind the East Side....how was that possible ?

Because the fans weren't treated like they are now...

As for it being a game....you are having a laugh aren't you, for people like Bubbles with the flag..this is part of his DNA.

We have to pick him up at WGC for every away game up North....this is our heritage and businessmen are playing around with it and treating us like mugs.

I wouldn't have taken a kid on Saturday....and i didn't stop any rows. To me it was like a family fighting at a wedding.
0 x

h69

Post by h69 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:37 am

Romford wrote:
h69 wrote:To be fair.....whilst I do think that if a group of blokes think that running onto a pitch with a sheet of A4 in their hands and wrestling with the captain of the team they pertain to support is going to achieve anything positive then they are deluded, I also think that a lot of the pent up aggression was due to people having been so excited over wanting to march.I think that people were starting to actually believe that it would have an effect having built up so much excitement over it.
So what has cancelling marches achieved...

Why have the Chairmen done everything possible to get the march cancelled ??

You seem to prefer a different approach.....good time to tell
Hardly did they do all they could....Sullivan apparently didnt even have to leave his house....they obviously dont want a march for PR reasons but they had a couple of meetings and issued a PR statement and let the fans implode on themselves. I actually thought that the RWHFAG were trying to approach this in a grown up way but then that all seemed to go south

Only money will achieve anything. People need to understand that the only way you will get rid of the owners is if someone puts up enough money to buy them out. They are business people and business people will only leave if they make a profit on the sale of their assets. Why would they leave for any other reason if, as people say, all they care about is money and they are turning a big profit. Even if they wanted to sell.....they need to find a buyer....I woudl not think we are too attractive a proposition for anyone other than an dodgy owner like the one Brum got after G&S or the one Forest got or the one Villa have or the one Cardiff got.

Mike Ashley has been hated by Newcastle fans for years. He put the club up for sale but he is still there.
0 x

Romford

Post by Romford » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:38 am

h69 wrote:
They should pay any fine the club gets and get banned.....that would be good in my book. While I was crazy angry with them, I dont condone anyone hitting anyone, let alone their own fans.....tell them they are idiots by all means but people need to control themselves and keep their fists at bay....hardly makes for a safe stadia regardless of stewards.
Why should they pay any fine ??

Have the club made it impossible to get their grievences heard.....

Safe Stadia ...are you joking ?? If a bomb went off inside the LS , more would get killed through the emergency exits than from any explosives.

Just another show that the people in charge are not fit for purpose
0 x

Romford

Post by Romford » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:40 am

h69 wrote:
Hardly did they do all they could....Sullivan apparently didnt even have to leave his house....they obviously dont want a march for PR reasons but they had a couple of meetings and issued a PR statement and let the fans implode on themselves. I actually thought that the RWHFAG were trying to approach this in a grown up way but then that all seemed to go south

Only money will achieve anything. People need to understand that the only way you will get rid of the owners is if someone puts up enough money to buy them out. They are business people and business people will only leave if they make a profit on the sale of their assets. Why would they leave for any other reason if, as people say, all they care about is money and they are turning a big profit. Even if they wanted to sell.....they need to find a buyer....I woudl not think we are too attractive a proposition for anyone other than an dodgy owner like the one Brum got after G&S or the one Forest got or the one Villa have or the one Cardiff got.

Mike Ashley has been hated by Newcastle fans for years. He put the club up for sale but he is still there.
Id jump at Mike Ashley right now....he doesn't charge the club interest on monies owed.

Why did our two Chairmen leave Brum ?
0 x

Social Media