It won’t happen......

Chat about anything football related here!
h69

Re: It won’t happen......

Postby h69 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:40 am

Romford wrote:
h69 wrote:
I'm sure the security IS the worst but you would not need it if the fans behaved.

Anyway, an eloquent response mate. I just see the club eating itself from the inside outwards. They are cornered but lets be honest, it IS a game, we ARE adults and it should never get to this.

The last few seasons at The Boleyn...there was not one copper inside the ground. Away fans coaches were parked behind the East Side....how was that possible ?

Because the fans weren't treated like they are now...

As for it being a game....you are having a laugh aren't you, for people like Bubbles with the flag..this is part of his DNA.

We have to pick him up at WGC for every away game up North....this is our heritage and businessmen are playing around with it and treating us like mugs.

I wouldn't have taken a kid on Saturday....and i didn't stop any rows. To me it was like a family fighting at a wedding.

Why would you not have taken a kid ?

What do you think marching would have achieved ?

As far as it being in peoples DNA, it is no excuse at all. I have been going home and away for 40 years myself. I hardly miss a game but I dont put the club before my family which is what I would be doing if I got nicked and had to pay a huge fine for running around with a flag. Like you say, its my opinion.
0 x

h69

Postby h69 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:43 am

Romford wrote:
h69 wrote:
They should pay any fine the club gets and get banned.....that would be good in my book. While I was crazy angry with them, I dont condone anyone hitting anyone, let alone their own fans.....tell them they are idiots by all means but people need to control themselves and keep their fists at bay....hardly makes for a safe stadia regardless of stewards.

Why should they pay any fine ??

Have the club made it impossible to get their grievences heard.....

Safe Stadia ...are you joking ?? If a bomb went off inside the LS , more would get killed through the emergency exits than from any explosives.

Just another show that the people in charge are not fit for purpose

You obviously never sat in the East Stand Upper at UP.....I would not have got out of the stand there let alone to an exit :i am genuinely amused:

As far as the fine....if the club get fined for people walking on the pitch (an illegal act) then I think its a good idea to let these people pay it since they caused it....see how passionate they are then.
0 x

h69

Postby h69 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:45 am

Romford wrote:
h69 wrote:
Hardly did they do all they could....Sullivan apparently didnt even have to leave his house....they obviously dont want a march for PR reasons but they had a couple of meetings and issued a PR statement and let the fans implode on themselves. I actually thought that the RWHFAG were trying to approach this in a grown up way but then that all seemed to go south

Only money will achieve anything. People need to understand that the only way you will get rid of the owners is if someone puts up enough money to buy them out. They are business people and business people will only leave if they make a profit on the sale of their assets. Why would they leave for any other reason if, as people say, all they care about is money and they are turning a big profit. Even if they wanted to sell.....they need to find a buyer....I woudl not think we are too attractive a proposition for anyone other than an dodgy owner like the one Brum got after G&S or the one Forest got or the one Villa have or the one Cardiff got.

Mike Ashley has been hated by Newcastle fans for years. He put the club up for sale but he is still there.

Id jump at Mike Ashley right now....he doesn't charge the club interest on monies owed.

Why did our two Chairmen leave Brum ?

They saw a much bigger opportunity in East London and they got a nutty buyer to take brum off their hands.

You would jump at Mike Ashley ? FFS
0 x

Romford

Postby Romford » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:47 am

I would never have taken a kid as i knew there was a chance of it going lively.

As for marching...it turned into a circus even before it was called off with everyone who had never even been to the LS jumping on board. Who knows what would have happened but it couldn't have turned out much worse.

From the SAB to the way they speant the Away fans fund.....our Chairmen have not given a monkeys about what the fans think or want, that attitude over the last few years created Saturday.

It was always going to end in tears....I hold the Chairmen and West Ham Social Media sites in more blame than the fans.
0 x

h69

Postby h69 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:57 am

Romford wrote:I would never have taken a kid as i knew there was a chance of it going lively.

As for marching...it turned into a circus even before it was called off with everyone who had never even been to the LS jumping on board. Who knows what would have happened but it couldn't have turned out much worse.

From the SAB to the way they speant the Away fans fund.....our Chairmen have not given a monkeys about what the fans think or want, that attitude over the last few years created Saturday.

It was always going to end in tears....I hold the Chairmen and West Ham Social Media sites in more blame than the fans.

Exactly and how proud the fans must be of that !....its very sad that its not a safe place to go for kids like I said at the beginning of the post.
I suspect it would have been worse if the march had happened as there would have been a fair bit of trouble (IMO). We will never know but people need to take responsibility for their actions.

Blame the board, the security, the ground, the seats the beer or the popcorn but the only people getting lively and throwing punches as you said, were the fans, the only people threatening other fans with violence if they marched were fans and the only people running onto the pitch, distracting the players and causing us almost certainly to get an FA charge were the fans.

I despise the Labour party but I have yet to feel the need to beat the shit out of the nearest Labour MP even when they were in power.

As for marches, I have said before that the only march that ever worked was the suffragettes. Half a million marched in London regarding Brexit and nothing has changed there (thank God). It does not and will not work at a football club.
0 x

deanox

Postby deanox » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:17 am

h69 wrote:
Romford wrote:
Why should they pay any fine ??

Have the club made it impossible to get their grievences heard.....

Safe Stadia ...are you joking ?? If a bomb went off inside the LS , more would get killed through the emergency exits than from any explosives.

Just another show that the people in charge are not fit for purpose

You obviously never sat in the East Stand Upper at UP.....I would not have got out of the stand there let alone to an exit :i am genuinely amused:

As far as the fine....if the club get fined for people walking on the pitch (an illegal act) then I think its a good idea to let these people pay it since they caused it....see how passionate they are then.

Don’t make me laugh I was a season ticket holder in the proper east stand ....lower the chicken run, back in the standing days and when we went seating
Fucking upper east stand fuck off, didn’t want to get personal but you obviously do, go fuck your self.
0 x
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

Neville Bartos

Postby Neville Bartos » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:14 am

h69 wrote:
Romford wrote:
Id jump at Mike Ashley right now....he doesn't charge the club interest on monies owed.

Why did our two Chairmen leave Brum ?

They saw a much bigger opportunity in East London and they got a nutty buyer to take brum off their hands.

You would jump at Mike Ashley ? FFS

Mike Ashley is good call for one very important reason. He's already employed and sacked Steve McClaren.
If we do go down Gold and Sullivan will be on the blower to Israel -- or wherever Schteve is playing his trade these days -- like a shot.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

grandad

Postby grandad » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:11 am

Good debate guys and good reading

I have Romford well in front
2 x
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

only1salty

Postby only1salty » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:33 am

Just to add. Sit in West Band 1 with my kid.

At no point did I feel intimidated or the need to evacuate my kid.

Take in context that we have a disproportionate number of kids to adults due to the 99 pound ticket fiasco and the fact that there are people there who have not really experienced anything close to that before.

The kids were never in danger. Been in much worse at away games.

It was an angry protest against the board. That’s all.
4 x

eskimo joe

Postby eskimo joe » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:28 am

Sit and do nothing and certainly nothing will change. Saying Sir I don't like you is hardly going to get you anywhere. They have known why for a long time and chose not only to ignore peoples grievances but make matters worse. Yet people are expected to sit and silently except things as they are.

As Romford said, I wouldn't have taken my kids on Saturday, it was almost certain something was going to go off. You can argue that why shouldn't they be able to, and true why shouldn't they? They can freely, but given the circumstances it was hardly wise to do so. But they appear to have become yet another pawn in the medias focus. Seriously were they really in any danger or were they just a little afraid. For either it is a reason why they should have stayed at home.

Whilst condemning the invaders for what some see as simple publicity seeking to get their name in the papers, think of all those parents that chose to ignore the possibility that something like this would happen, and if they had no incline then they either had their heads in the sand or they have not been around the club, or football too long.

Wouldn't it be nice if you could sue the club for selling season tickets under false pretexts, it would have been bstter to try and fail than to fail to try and that's what they have done. Yet they are happy to sue the invaders for something they themselves were instigators of.

I don't hold to pitch invasions and the like, but I also don't hold to putting things completely out of context either. We all know that this wasn't a simple case of thugs running on to the pitch though some see only that. It was a culmination of the inevitable. Some making a visual statement. Was it worth it?! To them it cost more but I think they feel it might have been. If it caused a ripple then maybe so.

Anyone that thought nothing like this would occur was naive. It was in the air. And the arrogant fucker still had the nerve to turn up sitting there like god almighty. Doubt he will be there next time.
1 x
A good person does things in silence, others strive to be seen as good so scream out their deeds.

Return to “Football Talk”